2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

A little Cypress help

773 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  G Posik 
#1 ·
hey all, its been a while since Ive logged on or been able to fish. New job, new house, new a million things have gotten in the way. Speaking of new house my wife, two boys and I recently moved to the Cypress area, specifically Fairfield. There are plenty of lakes in the neighborhood, but all are labeled with "no fishing" signs. My boys, ages 6 and 2, are getting rather anxious to the point that each time we leave the house they think we are going fishing. We have been able to do some fishing at the farm, but that's not always an option. My 6 year old has always been into fishing, only second to baseball as his true loves. My 2 year old has recently been enamored with fishing, but we haven't had the opportunity or location to go. With things in life settling down I want to start taking them as often as possible, and Im afraid that my 2 year old will lose interest if we don't get out there soon! Any ideas or places you guys know of that are friendly for kids that age. Chairs will be brought as well as a cooler and of course tackle. Not looking for honey holes or anyone secret spot just a place to catch and yes release (99.99% of the time we catch and release) any kind of fish. Just want to keep the fire alive in the boys. Ive considered driving to Conroe or Fayettville (Somerville too low??) and fishing from the bank, but Ive only fished from boats in those two places and don't know if the hour drive will be worth it. As im typing this im getting asked when I will be finished on the computer so my oldest can play a fishing game haha. Guys and Gals any help/ideas/suggestions would be extremely helpful. Thanks all!

WishnIWasFshn

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.