Garden Pictures! - Page 24 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Home Gardening Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2019, 06:21 PM   #231
hk
Registered Users-pm+

hk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Pirate
Yes Sir they are like a green chive onion.I started from seed several years ago but now save some bulbs and just replant twice a year.They grow and multiply like crazy.Can eat them raw or use them in many cooking applications.I use them in a lot of soups (homemade egg drop soup)during the winter. Also really good in salmon patties.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk
hk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2019, 09:47 AM   #232
hk
Registered Users-pm+

hk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Pirate
Fall garden doing good so far.Already made one of many lemon ice box pies to come.A few more weeks till I can harvest some fall vegetables.
Name:  20191122_074553.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  170.4 KBName:  20191122_074623.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  148.6 KBName:  20191122_074645.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  145.3 KBName:  20191122_074707.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  132.5 KBName:  20191122_074734.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  127.8 KB

Old 11-22-2019, 07:01 PM   #233
Mattsfishin
Registered Users-pm+

Mattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to Pirate
Looks good HK. My beds have blocks around them also and I had never thought about planting anything in the holes. Well I have mustard greens growing in some and about 75 Texas Legends onions growing in some. Gonna see how that works. I am ok if the onions don't get real big. I usually pick them before they mature all the way. Planted 105 onions yesterday. I picked a good amount of mustard greens about 2 weeks back and picked turnip greens tuesday. Have a yankee friend that has never ate turnips and or turnip greens so I took her a good amount. Gonna pick me some tomorrow.
Mattsfishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2019, 08:08 AM   #234
hk
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattsfishin View Post
Looks good HK. My beds have blocks around them also and I had never thought about planting anything in the holes. Well I have mustard greens growing in some and about 75 Texas Legends onions growing in some. Gonna see how that works. I am ok if the onions don't get real big. I usually pick them before they mature all the way. Planted 105 onions yesterday. I picked a good amount of mustard greens about 2 weeks back and picked turnip greens tuesday. Have a yankee friend that has never ate turnips and or turnip greens so I took her a good amount. Gonna pick me some tomorrow.
Hard to beat a bunch of fresh greens and they are really good for you also.My greens are a couple of weeks away from picking ,but looking forward to a big ole pot of hamhock,mustard greens and corn dumplings.Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.

Old 11-25-2019, 10:40 PM   #235
Dick Hanks
Pike

Dick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to Pirate
Great pictures HK. Are those huge lemons on the tree?
Dick Hanks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2019, 08:01 AM   #236
hk
Registered Users-pm+

Yes Sir they are Meyer lemons.It has been a very productive tree,before I pruned it back two years ago,it would produce 300 or so in a year.Have around 150 or so this year.

Old 12-05-2019, 09:15 AM   #237
karstopo
Taking shots at fish

karstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Pirate
https://www.tastecooking.com/a-man-a...a-lemon-china/

“Long thought to be a simple lemon-orange hybrid, the Meyer lemon is now believed to be a cross between three of the original citrus species—citron, mandarin, and pummelo—based on a 2016 genetics study led by French scientist Franck Curk.”

Link has an interesting tale about Frank N. Meyer, the man for which the lemon was named.

My next-door neighbor, my parents, have an improved Meyer lemon. They really are nice, sweeter than a store bought Eureka Lemon. I used one last night to dress some bok choy greens, the bok choy from my garden, to serve along with some satsuma and rosemary marinated pork chops, the satsumas from the orchard and the rosemary home grown.
karstopo is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2019, 09:32 AM   #238
karstopo
Taking shots at fish

karstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Pirate

My lemon grass is still going strong. I had to cover it one night with freeze cloth as it got down to about 30-31.

Garden as of December 5th. I’m going to put a raised bed beyond the current garden in the sunny spot area of the photo. Abandoned the in the ground idea when I dug into the area and discover tons of charcoal. Evidently, the previous owner had a burn pile or something there once upon a time.

Still have some few tomatoes I’m nursing along. Not many, but I’m just seeing how viable it is for fall tomatoes. Everything else that’s all really in the greater cabbage sphere are doing alright. I seem to always err on too low on fertility, but I’ll live with that over too much.

The future raised bed, I’m not sure how big I should make it. I got some decorative steel corners so that I can choose the lumber I want. Is there any issue with using the copper treated ground contact rot resistant decking lumber? I’m think a foot of depth is enough. 8’ x 12’ x 1’ of depth equals around 2 cubic yards of material. 1 1/2 yards of good garden soil plus some compost, but I might revise that. Maybe 8’ x 10’
Old 12-05-2019, 09:35 AM   #239
karstopo
Taking shots at fish

I do have some romaine lettuce. Riefels had a 6 pack of romaine that I was able to get 16 plants out of. The six pack was past its prime, but the lettuce seems to have perked up recently.

The raised bed will let me do some crop rotations. I’ll have a whopping 200’-250’ square feet when it’s done, depending on how big I make it.