Friday Fishing After Harvey - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Guide fishing and hunting reports
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2017, 03:32 PM   #11
Captain Allan Scott
Tiki Bay Fishing, LLC

Captain Allan Scott has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCaptain Allan Scott has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCaptain Allan Scott has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCaptain Allan Scott has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCaptain Allan Scott has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCaptain Allan Scott has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCaptain Allan Scott has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCaptain Allan Scott has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCaptain Allan Scott has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCaptain Allan Scott has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCaptain Allan Scott has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Well I made the trip. I slept in and didn't get on the water until late morning.

FISHING:
I just made one drift south of Harborwalk and didn't catch any gamefish. There was some bait around and something BIG was busting the surface chasing food. I suspect it could have been a fairly big shark?? A couple of slicks popped up but were gone soon. I would have needed an hour or more to dial in the right bait to use. The fish have been gorging themselves on free croaker dinners so they're not too receptive to plastics. I had numerous solid hits but they didn't take the hook.

The water looks great. I took a picture of my drift sock to show the clear water. It's definitely not muddy. It's more than half way to clear water on a scale of muddy to crystal clear.

Name:  IMG_1878.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  83.4 KB

BOATING:
I didn't see much debris at all. There was one wooden gate floating but it was easy to see during daylight. I left the Tiki channel and went west down the ICW and into West Bay. I'd probably wait for daylight for a week or so. There were a couple of green can buoys out of place and one floating free near Deer Island.
Captain Allan Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2017, 01:40 PM   #12
Captain Allan Scott
Tiki Bay Fishing, LLC

Captain Allan Scott has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCaptain Allan Scott has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCaptain Allan Scott has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCaptain Allan Scott has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCaptain Allan Scott has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCaptain Allan Scott has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCaptain Allan Scott has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCaptain Allan Scott has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCaptain Allan Scott has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCaptain Allan Scott has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCaptain Allan Scott has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
drum

Well, the mud has hit West Bay. I went out there this morning and the water from North Deer Island to Greens Cut is dirty. The tides seem strange too. There was no wind at all and there seemed to be an incoming tide when it should be outgoing.

All I have to show for my effort are two sand trout. At least it proves that there are still fish in the bay and they are eating. There was a lot of bait activity.

Of course these little guys were released to grow bigger.
Attached Images

Captain Allan Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message