2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Boobytrap Fishing Team Heading For Tightness Daytime Swordfishing 2013 Trip #2!!

115K views 484 replies 101 participants last post by  broadonrod 
#1 ·
Well lightning struck again and I got invited back to do some Daytime Swordfishing on The Boobytrap in the morning.:biggrin::biggrin:
Looks like it will be another 2Cool outing with "Mikeyhunts" and "En Feugo" getting invites to catch their first Boobytrap Swordfish!!
I believe the weather window is primed for a good time with the new moon on Friday and us leaving the fish eating last week.:bounce:
I know I wont sleep a bit tonight just thinking about TIGHTNESS SUCKAS!!!

#149 ·
Way to go Mikey! That was an awesome trip with a bunch that didn't learn this because they have money - they are educated and used that education to learn about a fish's habits. I think these guys have it figured out and think just like a swordfish. I am in awe of their knowledge and generosity to 2cool! Kudos to all on board!

BW

#162 ·
Daytime Swordfishing has become my sickness!!

I want to say thanks to Brett, Jeff and Matt for another truly memorable trip aboard the Swordfishing Machine The Boobytrap!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
This trip was 100% awesome, great boat, great weather and great anglers. :bounce:
I had some serious fun fishing with you guys we have lifetime memories now.
Mike you were awesome on your first Daytime Swordfish, which oh by the way was huge, and will make a memory you will always have.
Andrew I was stoked for you when I came out to see the line just smoking off the reel. :eek::eek:
You had already caught a few swordfish but this looked to be a nice one.
When we got the leader and pulled it up boat side I was in awe!! :ac550:
Man at that point I was jealous I wasn't in the chair catching a fish for the bucket list!!!tuna!
These trips are always epic and a truly great experience for anyone that has the pleasure of going out with The Boobytrap Fishing Team to do a little Daytime Swordfishng in The Gulf of Mexico!!

Every time I go I get to do another thing on the bucket list this time I got to wire and release my first swordfish it was bad *$$ the power they have in the water is ridiculous and those bill can go crazy boat side!

The sickness is setting back in and I can’t think about anything else but that subtle bite and then the TIGHT SUCKA!!

Get Tight Suckas!!!!:texasflag:texasflag

Josh

#163 ·
These trips are always epic and a truly great experience for anyone that has the pleasure of going out with The Boobytrap Fishing Team to do a little Daytime Swordfishng in The Gulf of Mexico!!

Get Tight Suckas!!!!:texasflag:texasflag

Josh
said perfectly!
I got to go on a one day trip and I couldnt even begin to explain how much I learned. It was a memory I will have for a lifetime for sure!

#165 ·
That is insane! Brett and Jeff you guys are incredible. Can't wait to see the Bluefin.
You get these guys and I've heard them at the docks down here. Complaining about you guys telling everybody where the fish are. I think what they mean is tell them where and how but not anyone else. You guys take people let them catch giant and show them how to fish, expect nothing in return. Raise huge amounts of money for our national heroes. What a class act. I guess now I'll be ridiculed for sucking up. Congrats again to the crew of the BoobyTrap

#167 ·
You guys take people let them catch giant and show them how to fish, expect nothing in return. Raise huge amounts of money for our national heroes. What a class act. I guess now I'll be ridiculed for sucking up. Congrats again to the crew of the BoobyTrap
Well said Vance! They hold nothing back and truly have a passion for the sport and helping others that enjoy the same passion. I get more joy out of taking people on my boat and watching them catch snapper than I do picking up a rod. I feel it's the same for them except on a MUCH larger scale :D

#175 ·
Great job as usual

Man, there is nothing better than the memories of looking back on the time you spend with your original crew, learning together and, racking up some of the best memories of your life offshore. But, there is also something so cool about taking out a new guy or two and showing them what our incredible fishery has to offer.

I'd say Capt Bret and Capt Jeff are doing there part on making memories of a lifetime in a big way!!!!!!

In another 40 years when we are all old and grey, yeah, your going to be proud of what a good father and loving husband you were but, what are the memories you are going to keep replaying over and over in your mind??

THE TIME YOU WERE TIGHT ALL DAY AND NIGHT ON THE BT!!!!!!!

Bret thanks for the report on what was happening on the shelf.

Keep up the good work.:cheers:

#179 ·
Man, there is nothing better than the memories of looking back on the time you spend with your original crew, learning together and, racking up some of the best memories of your life offshore. But, there is also something so cool about taking out a new guy or two and showing them what our incredible fishery has to offer.

I'd say Capt Bret and Capt Jeff are doing there part on making memories of a lifetime in a big way!!!!!!

In another 40 years when we are all old and grey, yeah, your going to be proud of what a good father and loving husband you were but, what are the memories you are going to keep replaying over and over in your mind??

THE TIME YOU WERE TIGHT ALL DAY AND NIGHT ON THE BT!!!!!!!

Bret thanks for the report on what was happening on the shelf.

Keep up the good work.:cheers:
Thanks bro. Can't wait to get back out! I'm ready for more tightness! Capt. Ahab

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.