Underwater led - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Bluewater Board (Recreational Fishing)

Old 12-31-2019, 12:13 PM   #1
Tmingle
Tmingle

Tmingle has been promoted to PirateTmingle has been promoted to PirateTmingle has been promoted to PirateTmingle has been promoted to PirateTmingle has been promoted to PirateTmingle has been promoted to PirateTmingle has been promoted to PirateTmingle has been promoted to PirateTmingle has been promoted to PirateTmingle has been promoted to PirateTmingle has been promoted to Pirate
Underwater led

Is there a preferred color of light for the Gulf?
Tmingle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2019, 04:49 PM   #2
marlin lane
Registered Users-pm+

marlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Riggermarlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Riggermarlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Riggermarlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Riggermarlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Riggermarlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Riggermarlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Riggermarlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Riggermarlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Riggermarlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Riggermarlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
we have blue/white
marlin lane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2019, 08:05 PM   #3
bjohn
Registered Users-pm+

bjohn has disabled reputation
Blue and white here also use white more than blue
bjohn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2020, 06:18 PM   #4
Tmingle
Tmingle

Tmingle has been promoted to PirateTmingle has been promoted to PirateTmingle has been promoted to PirateTmingle has been promoted to PirateTmingle has been promoted to PirateTmingle has been promoted to PirateTmingle has been promoted to PirateTmingle has been promoted to PirateTmingle has been promoted to PirateTmingle has been promoted to PirateTmingle has been promoted to Pirate
Thanks. I was going to go with blue but is sounds like white may be a better option.
Old 01-01-2020, 08:52 PM   #5
40marlin
Registered Users-pm+

40marlin has been promoted to Pirate40marlin has been promoted to Pirate40marlin has been promoted to Pirate40marlin has been promoted to Pirate40marlin has been promoted to Pirate40marlin has been promoted to Pirate40marlin has been promoted to Pirate40marlin has been promoted to Pirate40marlin has been promoted to Pirate40marlin has been promoted to Pirate40marlin has been promoted to Pirate
Its a function of cost, power (lumens), and quality. I'd go for the highest quality, most powerful lights you can afford. Look at lumitec or lumishore. Lumitec is a great product at a fairly reasonable price. I really like the Lumitec SeablazeX2. These lights come in full spectrum RGBW and White/Blue. The cost isn't too crazy either. It depends on what you are looking to do with the underwater LED lights. If it is just for the dock or while catting around, go with whatever color floats your boat. If you are fishing the rigs at night for tuna, I prefer blue.

Light with longer wavelengths is absorbed more quickly than that with shorter wavelengths. Because of this, the higher energy light with short wavelengths, such as blue, is able to penetrate more deeply. Then you need to factor in the # of lumens the lights will be producing.
40marlin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2020, 08:05 AM   #6
CP3
Registered Users-pm+

CP3 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I went with the lumitec seablaze x2 in the full spectrum RGBW and have been very happy with them. I can have whatever color I want based on what I’m doing and water conditions/clarity. White/blue/green are used depending on water conditions.

Chris
CP3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2020, 08:10 AM   #7
ElGatoLoco
Registered Users-pm+

ElGatoLoco has been promoted to PirateElGatoLoco has been promoted to PirateElGatoLoco has been promoted to PirateElGatoLoco has been promoted to PirateElGatoLoco has been promoted to PirateElGatoLoco has been promoted to PirateElGatoLoco has been promoted to PirateElGatoLoco has been promoted to PirateElGatoLoco has been promoted to PirateElGatoLoco has been promoted to PirateElGatoLoco has been promoted to Pirate
I have blue coastal night lights under the boat they work great for the money and have lasted about 5 seasons.

But I really like my hydro glo or sword magnet lights I have a lawn mower battery and use it with alligator clips work great all night and I can drop it about ten feet below the surface it is green.

Tom
ElGatoLoco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2020, 10:02 AM   #8
Tmingle
Tmingle

Tom, are you using the 4’ long one or the round one?
Old 01-04-2020, 06:39 AM   #9
ElGatoLoco
Registered Users-pm+

ElGatoLoco has been promoted to PirateElGatoLoco has been promoted to PirateElGatoLoco has been promoted to PirateElGatoLoco has been promoted to PirateElGatoLoco has been promoted to PirateElGatoLoco has been promoted to PirateElGatoLoco has been promoted to PirateElGatoLoco has been promoted to PirateElGatoLoco has been promoted to PirateElGatoLoco has been promoted to PirateElGatoLoco has been promoted to Pirate
I currently have the 4 foot hydro glo but I have used the round one as well they both work great.

Tom
ElGatoLoco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message