Seasonal trends in Corpus Christi - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2019, 08:03 PM   #1
SKIPJACKSLAYER
Registered Users-pm+

SKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to Pirate
Seasonal trends in Corpus Christi

Been living in Corpus since June, previously fished Galveston bay complex for 10 yrs. ive had mixed results here with a decent summer, exciting fall and start of winter, but a really slow back-end of winter time. My last handful of trips I have fished hard, all day, with nothing to show for it. Sometimes not even a bite. Same areas that produced through the first half of winter have pretty much gone dead for me. I have noticed a lot of the sea grass has died in some areas that used to produce. Been fishing the oso bay, laguna Madre, mustang island and the north side of Corpus Christi bay occasionally. Just been parking and walking in at different locations I’ve found on google maps, or have been introduced by a friend. Fishing different types of areas with bait present. Areas like shell / mud / sand mixtures, grasslines with deepeer guts, etc. Been targeting moon major and minor feeding periods, mostly fishing on lower pressure days. Throwing all artificials. Any seasoned salts with experience or expertise wanna chime in? Not sure if it’s my technique or just my overall game plan. I have a nice motor I am looking to put on a hull once I find one. After that’s complete I will voyage further down the laguna Madre towards Baffin. Also having surgery soon on my hand and will be off the water for the next 4-6 weeks, and I’m sure much will change by then. But I’d like to study and learn in the meantime.
SKIPJACKSLAYER is offline   Reply With Quote