Chart Detail on Lowrance Units - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2008, 11:02 AM   #1
Capt John

Capt John has been promoted to PirateCapt John has been promoted to PirateCapt John has been promoted to PirateCapt John has been promoted to PirateCapt John has been promoted to PirateCapt John has been promoted to PirateCapt John has been promoted to PirateCapt John has been promoted to PirateCapt John has been promoted to PirateCapt John has been promoted to PirateCapt John has been promoted to Pirate
Texasflag4 Chart Detail on Lowrance Units

I got a call the day after Christmas from a guy that wasn’t happy with the chart detail he had on his Lowrance unit. He had the Navionics Gold card, which in my opinion is the best out there for Lowrance chartplotters, and he still didn’t have any chart detail for the coast. He wanted me to recommend a new GPS that had the detail he expected. I asked him turn his Lowrance on and we setup the Navionics charts so his area was open on the unit. He quickly went from a very unhappy camper to an excited one because he could now see all the detail on the bays he fished like he’d come to expect.

This is definitely not an isolated case. I get contacted a lot for this very same issue so I thought post again how to setup your chart detail so you can see the correct charts for your area on you Lowrance unit.

The Navionics Gold chart for our area is the 15XG. It includes coverage of the entire Gulf of Mexico and most of the central lakes and rivers. This is a lot of area to cover and your Lowrance has limited internal memory to read these files. So Navionics split the areas into 3 regions on the card. The region we need for our area is the Western Gulf of Mexico. To set this as your default region, turn your Lowrance on, press the Menu key once and move down to the Map Data tab. Now move down to the Navionics Map Choice tab and press the Enter key. Move down to the Western Gulf of Mexico tab and press Enter. Now press the Exit key twice to return to your main chart page. You should now have all the detail you heart desires.

I hope you find this useful. This and many other topics are covered on my new Online Course for Lowrance Chartplotters available at: http://angler-products.com/Online%20GPS%20Courses.htm

Good luck out there and Happy New Year to all!!

Capt John
www.Angler-Products.com

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day" Fish 24:7
Capt John is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2008, 12:28 PM   #2
Spots and Dots
Registered Users-pm+

Spots and Dots has been promoted to PirateSpots and Dots has been promoted to PirateSpots and Dots has been promoted to PirateSpots and Dots has been promoted to PirateSpots and Dots has been promoted to PirateSpots and Dots has been promoted to PirateSpots and Dots has been promoted to PirateSpots and Dots has been promoted to PirateSpots and Dots has been promoted to PirateSpots and Dots has been promoted to PirateSpots and Dots has been promoted to Pirate
hey Capt john,

How are ya?

What do you charge to spend an afternoon in POC, showing me how to use my GPS?
Spots and Dots is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2008, 03:10 PM   #3
nosaltincentx
Registered Users-pm+

nosaltincentx has been promoted to Piratenosaltincentx has been promoted to Piratenosaltincentx has been promoted to Piratenosaltincentx has been promoted to Piratenosaltincentx has been promoted to Piratenosaltincentx has been promoted to Piratenosaltincentx has been promoted to Piratenosaltincentx has been promoted to Piratenosaltincentx has been promoted to Piratenosaltincentx has been promoted to Piratenosaltincentx has been promoted to Pirate
Capt John, great post. Had the same "problem" when I first turned on my unit after purchasing the Gold card. One question though. Do I have to do this every time I turn on the unit? It always goes back to the way it was. Not a big deal, just sort of a nuissance.
nosaltincentx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2008, 04:18 PM   #4
Capt John

Capt John has been promoted to PirateCapt John has been promoted to PirateCapt John has been promoted to PirateCapt John has been promoted to PirateCapt John has been promoted to PirateCapt John has been promoted to PirateCapt John has been promoted to PirateCapt John has been promoted to PirateCapt John has been promoted to PirateCapt John has been promoted to PirateCapt John has been promoted to Pirate
Spots and Dots

Now that we're almost back to normal after the Ike party, we're doing great. Thanks.
I typically charge $300.00 locally for an afternoon on the water showing you how to use your GPS. For POC I get $350, to help cover the travel cost. This session will also include a cheat sheet for your unit and access to my new online course.

NoSalt;

Your unit should default to the new setting after you make the change. If it's not doing that, try a software update. A lot of problems with any of these units can be fixed with a software update.

Good luck.

Capt John
www.Angler-Products.com

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day" Fish 24:7
Capt John is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message