Need some help or advice on how you quit - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Tobacco Quitters Support Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2017, 11:01 AM   #1
SoTxPighunter
Registered Users-pm+

SoTxPighunter has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSoTxPighunter has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSoTxPighunter has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSoTxPighunter has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSoTxPighunter has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSoTxPighunter has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSoTxPighunter has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSoTxPighunter has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSoTxPighunter has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSoTxPighunter has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSoTxPighunter has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Hairout Need some help or advice on how you quit

Morning all, I'm at a crossroads. I'm 47 years old and have been Dippin snuff since I was 9, I quit smiling around 1999 but cannot put the Copenhagen down. When I was in service it got real bad in the middle east and I hit 3 cans a day and now I'm around 2 cans. I've tried to stop but always fall back to it. Just wondering how yall have dropped the can habit.
It's bad now I used to be able to wait till after morning g chow but now it's the first thing I do and I find even if I feel like **** sick as a dog I still have to have it. My wife n kids even hide or toss my cans I've found out. But doing what I do I don't always eat but that hagen always keeps me goin.
Any info or advise is appreciated.
Cold turkey won't work it just made me meaner!!!
STP
SoTxPighunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2017, 11:05 AM   #2
boom!
Registered Users-pm+

boom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirate
One day at a time. I just told myself that if I smoke or chew today then I have to start all over. It took several attempts and I had to stop drinking for over a year.
boom! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2017, 11:28 AM   #3
stumpgrinder3
Registered Users-pm+

stumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Pirate
I quit a 7 pack of Marlboro and 5 can of copenhagen habit (per week) 8 years ago. Id been smoking and dipping a very long time.

I used Chantix and it helped me. Know before you start that it wont be easy and there will be discomfort . It dont last long . You can do it
stumpgrinder3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2017, 03:44 PM   #4
Dbinlc
Registered Users-pm+

Dbinlc has been promoted to PirateDbinlc has been promoted to PirateDbinlc has been promoted to PirateDbinlc has been promoted to PirateDbinlc has been promoted to PirateDbinlc has been promoted to PirateDbinlc has been promoted to PirateDbinlc has been promoted to PirateDbinlc has been promoted to PirateDbinlc has been promoted to PirateDbinlc has been promoted to Pirate
I chewed and or dipped for almost 40 years. Right after Tony Gwynn died, in 2014, from complications of the salivary glands and reading an article on Curt Schillings struggle with cancer, a friend and I began talking about quitting. I had tried a few times over the years but always went back to it. We both went “Cold Turkey” one day and kept each other in check for the next year or so. It’s been 3 years and neither of us have fallen from the wagon. I’m not sure the urge will ever go away, but it is much easier now than it was the first month or so. I can only guess that having someone keep me in check and me doing the same for him may have finally got me to the point where I believe I am finally done with it.
Dbinlc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2017, 03:46 PM   #5
boom!
Registered Users-pm+

boom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirate
https://www.2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/sh...23&postcount=2

And I used this forum to help!
boom! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2017, 02:14 PM   #6
Oso Blanco
Registered Users-pm+

Oso Blanco has been promoted to PirateOso Blanco has been promoted to PirateOso Blanco has been promoted to PirateOso Blanco has been promoted to PirateOso Blanco has been promoted to PirateOso Blanco has been promoted to PirateOso Blanco has been promoted to PirateOso Blanco has been promoted to PirateOso Blanco has been promoted to PirateOso Blanco has been promoted to PirateOso Blanco has been promoted to Pirate
Will power!!! When you are ready you can do it. It will be one year for me in January. It is not easy but if you want it you can do it.
Oso Blanco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2017, 05:32 PM   #7
Whitebassfisher
Retired opinionated old fart

Whitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to Pirate
I quit smoking years ago, and it was really tough. Nicotine is a very strange drug, it gets you up if you are down, and relaxes you if you are wired.

Just my theory, but felt anything was better than continuing to smoke. From what I hear, snuff is every bit as bad.

I didn't worry amount money, because my health was more important. I applied a fresh 21 mg nicotine patch each morning. I did this for quite awhile (Much longer than directions said), feeling that although I was getting nicotine still, it wasn't as unhealthy as smoking. Your craving for nicotine isn't bad because you are getting it, and this enables to to get past the many other habits associated with tobacco.

After a long while I started using 14 mg patches, again for a long time.

When time to step down to 7mg patches, I used a 14 cut in half, which does save money over 7's, applying the other half the next morning.

I did this 20 years ago. There is zero doubt in my mind that I would be dead now if I hadn't stopped.

Chantix has proven so helpful to many, that it I had to do it over, I would probably use Chantix in addition to patches.

My thought very often was: "Smoking (snuff) will kill me, quitting won't."
Whitebassfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2017, 11:05 PM   #8
SoTxPighunter
Registered Users-pm+

SoTxPighunter has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSoTxPighunter has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSoTxPighunter has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSoTxPighunter has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSoTxPighunter has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSoTxPighunter has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSoTxPighunter has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSoTxPighunter has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSoTxPighunter has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSoTxPighunter has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSoTxPighunter has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Thanks fellas I'm still here just running hunts. I've found that if I chew gum that it helps. Has anyone ever used the nice gum?
SoTxPighunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2017, 07:02 PM   #9
gater
Gater

gater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirate
Quitting

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoTxPighunter View Post
Thanks fellas I'm still here just running hunts. I've found that if I chew gum that it helps. Has anyone ever used the nice gum?
February will be seven years for me off the snuff and last month was two years with no alcohol. I quit cold turkey on both and the alcohol was easy the snuff took time. Can't tell you how many full cans Inthrough away getting frustrated and then one day after throwing a can away it stuck, never purchased another can. The first couple of weeks is the toughest and be prepared to eat a lot. Gum, peppermints and having a toothpick or kitchen match in my mouth helped ease the cravings. You'll get frustrated like we all have but one day it will stick.
Good luck with it, you can do it!
gater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2017, 08:48 PM   #10
dk2429
Jeremiah 29:11

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
Nicotine gum, and you may also try that smokey mountain stuff they make. It's just like snuff, with no nicotine/chemicals. It don't taste the best, but it's not that bad. My brother in law used the nicotine gum and he's been free of it for almost 7 years now.

The hardest part will be not having it while you are fishing/hunting. We can probably all agree, there's nothing like putting one in when you get to the water.. Just gotta deal with it man! Gum, sunflower seeds, anything.. Cope is **** near $6 a can now! Just think, put $6 that would usually go to a can in a jar everyday.. Once it's all saved up, go get you a nice rod/reel or something! good incentive.

There's also some stuff that I've tried before just for the hell of it called Cowboy Coffee Chew. You have to order it online, but it really is some good stuff to be honest. It's literally coffee grounds with honey and sugar, and it's **** good. That could probably help too.

Good luck, if you need anything PM me!
dk2429 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message