6ft Alligator gar - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Fresh water forums > Bow Fishing Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2014, 03:55 AM   #1
captain B-Rig
Site Sponsor

captain B-Rig has been promoted to the rank of Privateercaptain B-Rig has been promoted to the rank of Privateercaptain B-Rig has been promoted to the rank of Privateercaptain B-Rig has been promoted to the rank of Privateercaptain B-Rig has been promoted to the rank of Privateercaptain B-Rig has been promoted to the rank of Privateercaptain B-Rig has been promoted to the rank of Privateercaptain B-Rig has been promoted to the rank of Privateercaptain B-Rig has been promoted to the rank of Privateercaptain B-Rig has been promoted to the rank of Privateercaptain B-Rig has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
6ft Alligator gar

Put the boat in right at dark and went looking for some flounder and reds. Fishing was slow and tide quit moving completely. Decided to head to our local night time gar hole. As soon as we pulled up we knew it was gonna be good. We saw multiple shooter fish now we were just waiting for one to screw up and role in front of us. After about 5 minutes a decent 4 footer rolled about 12yds from the boat. One of the farthest shots I've ever seen. We started trolling again headed for a spot we had just seen a big one role and sure enough she surfaced again.
Attached Images

captain B-Rig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2014, 01:48 PM   #2
fishingwithhardheadkings
Registered Users-pm+

fishingwithhardheadkings has been promoted to Piratefishingwithhardheadkings has been promoted to Piratefishingwithhardheadkings has been promoted to Piratefishingwithhardheadkings has been promoted to Piratefishingwithhardheadkings has been promoted to Piratefishingwithhardheadkings has been promoted to Piratefishingwithhardheadkings has been promoted to Piratefishingwithhardheadkings has been promoted to Piratefishingwithhardheadkings has been promoted to Piratefishingwithhardheadkings has been promoted to Piratefishingwithhardheadkings has been promoted to Pirate
Nice job!
fishingwithhardheadkings is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2014, 08:36 AM   #3
ras308
ras308

ras308 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerras308 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerras308 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerras308 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerras308 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerras308 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerras308 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerras308 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerras308 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerras308 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerras308 has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Nice

Great job. Where do you put in? Are y'all ready for bow season only 2 1/2 weeks away!!!
ras308 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2014, 01:52 PM   #4
FishingFrog
Registered Users-pm+

FishingFrog has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)FishingFrog has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)FishingFrog has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)FishingFrog has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)FishingFrog has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)FishingFrog has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)FishingFrog has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)FishingFrog has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)FishingFrog has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)FishingFrog has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)FishingFrog has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410457891.864920.jpg
Views: 3674
Size:  563.8 KB I'm 6'5 and he's 7'7 200lbs shot on the Colorado river in la grange tx on Mother's Day this year
FishingFrog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2014, 05:04 PM   #5
Slim-N-None
Fat boy fresh

Slim-N-None has been promoted to PirateSlim-N-None has been promoted to PirateSlim-N-None has been promoted to PirateSlim-N-None has been promoted to PirateSlim-N-None has been promoted to PirateSlim-N-None has been promoted to PirateSlim-N-None has been promoted to PirateSlim-N-None has been promoted to PirateSlim-N-None has been promoted to PirateSlim-N-None has been promoted to PirateSlim-N-None has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkBait >*)\\\><( View Post
im not into bowfishing(in fact i think it should be illegal but thats just me) if you shoot, kill and eat what your targeting i can respect that..their are people "releasing" gar they have shot with arrows which is amazingly unethical and i cant believe that the guides that do it can keep a business going that way(Mark Malfa)..

the gar for the colorado is neat i have been looking to target them closer to austin(have been going to the trinity)..was going to try near smithville on the colorado just a bit upstream from where you got that one..also have a spot just 15 miles below austin i know i can get a 100 pound gar at..also been meaning to try the brazos as well as the san gabriel for them..
Guys post a heck of a fish no matter how it was taken and you are gonna **** on it? Maybe going kayak fishing offshore should be illegal since you might break a lure off and kill the fish since thats what you like to do. Sheesh, what has 2cool become.

Nice gar yall no matter if yall ate it, or used it for fertilizer.
Slim-N-None is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2014, 12:41 AM   #6
USAHOG
Registered Users-pm+

USAHOG has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerUSAHOG has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerUSAHOG has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerUSAHOG has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerUSAHOG has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerUSAHOG has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerUSAHOG has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerUSAHOG has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerUSAHOG has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerUSAHOG has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerUSAHOG has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
nice shot

helluva shot, how long to pull her in? ive tried RR but have had a hard time hooking up. gonna try the bow next time. disregard nay sayers its legal and your having fun. alligator gar are not on the endangered list. get sum!
USAHOG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2014, 12:21 PM   #7
FishingFrog
Registered Users-pm+

FishingFrog has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)FishingFrog has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)FishingFrog has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)FishingFrog has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)FishingFrog has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)FishingFrog has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)FishingFrog has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)FishingFrog has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)FishingFrog has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)FishingFrog has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)FishingFrog has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkBait >*)\\\><( View Post
IMO gar should be protected the same way Jewfish are, catch and release and not allowed to remove from the water, like i said that is just me..the gars natural range is too small and they grow too slow to be targeted the way they are..if we had arapaima in our waters(and were the only place in the world that had them) i guarantee people would not be shooting them with a bow, and people would definitely not be "releasing" them after shooting them multiple times with a bow for fun..smh

as for mark malfa "releasing" gar that have been shot with a bow, actually it is illegal and so is killing a fish you dont eat..
you may want to reread my post before you try to jump on me
and either way i dont care, i will be doing what i can to get alligator gar protected from bowhunting in Tx during my lifetime
you call it good family fun i call it genocide on one of the neatest and oldest fish in our waters.
and guess what i want my kids kids to be able to catch them, this is why i release 99% of the fish i catch no matter where i fish and will do what i can for conservation period
i shot it, it was a monster i saw 3 or 4 more that size or better in one area, i know not everyone sees them but you just have to know how to find them and catch/shoot them. i don't shoot everyone i see, i think they are awesome but they taste like SH!t and we all know that. you go sit in the trinity and catch yours and i will keep bowfishing. no hard feelings.
FishingFrog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2014, 02:33 PM   #8
SharkBait >*)\\\><(
Not All Who Wander Are Lost..

SharkBait >*)\\\><( has been promoted to PirateSharkBait >*)\\\><( has been promoted to PirateSharkBait >*)\\\><( has been promoted to PirateSharkBait >*)\\\><( has been promoted to PirateSharkBait >*)\\\><( has been promoted to PirateSharkBait >*)\\\><( has been promoted to PirateSharkBait >*)\\\><( has been promoted to PirateSharkBait >*)\\\><( has been promoted to PirateSharkBait >*)\\\><( has been promoted to PirateSharkBait >*)\\\><( has been promoted to PirateSharkBait >*)\\\><( has been promoted to Pirate
i hear yah man i really wasnt trying to get on you or the OP, my fight is more against the guys like the gar guide who told me they shot 11 of them that day near palastine..unethical and illigal..eat what you kill and all that..

gonna try the colorado close to austin today or tomorrow for em, got a nice deep hole i have been seeing a few at..
SharkBait >*)\\\><( is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2014, 04:17 PM   #9
SINGLEBARRELL
Registered Users-pm+

SINGLEBARRELL is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
We eat all the gar we shoot I killed a 6 footer back strap like a big buck wrapped in bacon like scallops is very good
SINGLEBARRELL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2014, 07:25 PM   #10
Trouthappy
Registered Users-pm+

Trouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to Pirate
They should be protected for about 20 years, since they grow so slowly. And they've lost about 80 percent of their original range.
Trouthappy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message