ARRL Field Day - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Hobbies Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2014, 02:27 PM   #1
TomCat
fishes with calcutta

TomCat has been promoted to PirateTomCat has been promoted to PirateTomCat has been promoted to PirateTomCat has been promoted to PirateTomCat has been promoted to PirateTomCat has been promoted to PirateTomCat has been promoted to PirateTomCat has been promoted to PirateTomCat has been promoted to PirateTomCat has been promoted to PirateTomCat has been promoted to Pirate
Texasflag4 ARRL Field Day

ARRL Field Day is this weekend and the airwaves will be full of Ham Radio operators looking for contacts. My club will be in Burroughs Park, 9738 Hufsmith Rd, Tomball, Texas. If you're interested in ham radio, contact a local radio club or look in the local parks for radio antennas. Just walk up and tell someone you want to operate the GOTA station and they'll help you out.

73 de KD5EIJ
TomCat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2014, 08:30 AM   #2
Pivo and kolache
Registered Users-pm+

Pivo and kolache has been promoted to PiratePivo and kolache has been promoted to PiratePivo and kolache has been promoted to PiratePivo and kolache has been promoted to PiratePivo and kolache has been promoted to PiratePivo and kolache has been promoted to PiratePivo and kolache has been promoted to PiratePivo and kolache has been promoted to PiratePivo and kolache has been promoted to PiratePivo and kolache has been promoted to PiratePivo and kolache has been promoted to Pirate
I have been thinking about getting my tech. I fool around with cb quite a bit and have a pretty fair grasp amateur radio but it seems like 2m/440 is pretty dead around me
Pivo and kolache is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2014, 08:00 PM   #3
andre3k
Registered Users-pm+

andre3k has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pivo and kolache View Post
I have been thinking about getting my tech. I fool around with cb quite a bit and have a pretty fair grasp amateur radio but it seems like 2m/440 is pretty dead around me
2meter /440 fm has its uses. But HF is where its at. You can work DX pretty much anytime you want on at least one band.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2014, 10:19 PM   #4
Pivo and kolache
Registered Users-pm+

Pivo and kolache has been promoted to PiratePivo and kolache has been promoted to PiratePivo and kolache has been promoted to PiratePivo and kolache has been promoted to PiratePivo and kolache has been promoted to PiratePivo and kolache has been promoted to PiratePivo and kolache has been promoted to PiratePivo and kolache has been promoted to PiratePivo and kolache has been promoted to PiratePivo and kolache has been promoted to PiratePivo and kolache has been promoted to Pirate
What does a reasonable HF rig cost? And who makes a good one yeasu? Kenwood? I think I may start taking the practice tests again. As dx would be my main interest
Old 07-01-2014, 11:04 PM   #5
andre3k
Registered Users-pm+

andre3k has disabled reputation
You can find the older tube hybrid rigs for around 350 and it goes up from there. Most radios out now for the avg ham are in the 500 to 1400 range. Best bang for the buck starter hf rig is the Icom 718. Whatever you purchase read the reviews on eham especially for the older rigs.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2014, 11:32 PM   #6
Pivo and kolache
Registered Users-pm+

I'm on a pretty good cb forum with a fairly decent ham section but I will give eham a look as well. Thank you sir