Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2019, 10:54 AM   #1
Adam s
Registered Users-pm+

Adam s is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Which GPS for my new boat ???

Ordered a new boat from Hardage marsh & marine 1872 flat bottom fully decked off (similar to boatright hull) with a 90 tohatsu. I recommend them by the way GREAT prices !!
I’ve tried searching but figured I’d start a new thread.

Soo I’m in the market for a new GPS looking for some recommendations from 2cool! want to keep it around 1,000 bucks, so far I’m looking at the Garmin Lowrance and Simrad units. Any reason why y’all prefer one over another ?? Prefer a 9” screen.
Attached Images

Adam s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2019, 11:09 AM   #2
doyou
i fish

doyou has been promoted to Piratedoyou has been promoted to Piratedoyou has been promoted to Piratedoyou has been promoted to Piratedoyou has been promoted to Piratedoyou has been promoted to Piratedoyou has been promoted to Piratedoyou has been promoted to Piratedoyou has been promoted to Piratedoyou has been promoted to Piratedoyou has been promoted to Pirate
was in this same boat a few weeks ago and took the advice of most of the board. Go somewhere like breakwater marine or west marine and play with them all yourself. For the most part they all do the same thing on a high level its little stuff that you might like more.

I went with the garmin myself coming from a lowrance and have 0 complaints
doyou is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2019, 11:11 AM   #3
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
I like blondes, brunettes, redheads, and women with bad hair.... had em all.... they all do what they are supposed to. They all work very well. No wrong choice.

Get with Yellowskeeter Marine (Kenny).
Or Breakwater Marine Electronics (Derek).

Go play with em and see which color hair suits you best. If you are able to navigate the menus intuitively then rock on. If you fumble some....go to a different unit.
sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2019, 11:15 AM   #4
Adam s
Registered Users-pm+

Adam s is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Haha I figure that’s what I would be told I did mess with them a bit and right off the bat Simrad seemed to process slower and wasn’t ideal (to me) .... Lowrance and Garmin both were great though
Adam s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2019, 11:47 AM   #5
dk2429
Jeremiah 29:11

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
Garmin no doubt.
dk2429 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2019, 03:32 PM   #6
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon lmao

I use Garmin, have never used Simrad so can't comment there.

this vvvvvv

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrem View Post
I like blondes, brunettes, redheads, and women with bad hair.... had em all.... they all do what they are supposed to. They all work very well. No wrong choice.

Go play with em and see which color hair suits you best. If you are able to navigate the menus intuitively then rock on. If you fumble some....go to a different unit.
when she signs on and sees this, you'll probably be grounded from 2cool for a few weeks, but we'll still be here when you return.
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2019, 04:50 PM   #7
bwguardian
archTech

bwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrem View Post

Well, providing the collar and cuffs match...

I have been a Garmin man myself through the years...
bwguardian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2019, 05:26 PM   #8
Davidsel47
Registered Users-pm+

Davidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to Pirate
My Simrad works great. If I had to buy again I would just get something basic that leaves tracks and shows me where im at since thats all I use it for.
Davidsel47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2019, 05:27 PM   #9
LEDERMARINE

LEDERMARINE has been promoted to PirateLEDERMARINE has been promoted to PirateLEDERMARINE has been promoted to PirateLEDERMARINE has been promoted to PirateLEDERMARINE has been promoted to PirateLEDERMARINE has been promoted to PirateLEDERMARINE has been promoted to PirateLEDERMARINE has been promoted to PirateLEDERMARINE has been promoted to PirateLEDERMARINE has been promoted to PirateLEDERMARINE has been promoted to Pirate
Garmin is my vote. Seems to be more plug and play than the others, less configuration problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-04-2019, 09:24 PM   #10
That Robbie Guy
Registered Users-pm+

That Robbie Guy has disabled reputation
Go ahead and join the crowd.

... I too am a Garmin man.
That Robbie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message