September's Rich and Resourceful at Bay Lodge Resort & Marina - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Guide fishing and hunting reports
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2019, 10:00 PM   #1
Capt. Chris Martin

Capt. Chris Martin has been promoted to PirateCapt. Chris Martin has been promoted to PirateCapt. Chris Martin has been promoted to PirateCapt. Chris Martin has been promoted to PirateCapt. Chris Martin has been promoted to PirateCapt. Chris Martin has been promoted to PirateCapt. Chris Martin has been promoted to PirateCapt. Chris Martin has been promoted to PirateCapt. Chris Martin has been promoted to PirateCapt. Chris Martin has been promoted to PirateCapt. Chris Martin has been promoted to Pirate
sheepy2 September's Rich and Resourceful at Bay Lodge Resort & Marina

Bay Flats Lodge Resort & Marina
September 5, 2019

We’re Now Accepting Applications for Full-Time Fishing Guides

Name:  GUIDE AD PHOTO.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  76.4 KB

Just outside the town of Seadrift, Texas, inside the private gates of Swan Point Landing and Marina, is Bay Flats Lodge, providing outdoor enthusiasts a unique combination of luxury accommodations, culinary excellence, and spectacular professionally guided year-round fishing, and duck and deer hunting adventures. We are located along the middle Texas Gulf coast, overlooking the pristine waters of San Antonio Bay and back country lakes, where fun times and relaxation are a way of life. From the moment you arrive, you’ll know that we’ve been expecting you. We offer a meeting/conference room, seasoned veteran guides, and we can accommodate up to 56 guests. The lodge is spread across more than seven beautifully landscaped acres and natural-growing coastal oak trees.

Do you have all required Federal and State credentials, and are they all current and up to date?
- USCG OUPV (6-Pack) License
- American Red Cross First-Aid and CPR Card
- Active Membership/Participant in Random Drug and Alcohol Testing Program
Management System or Consortium Program
- USCG Medical Certificate
- TP&WD Guide License
- Texas Saltwater Fishing License
- TWIC Card - Does NOT need to be current, but must have one.

You must also possess the following:
- Good communication skills.
- A strong work ethic.
- A positive and service-oriented attitude.
- Self-motivation.
- A willingness and ability to work with people (customers).
- Extraordinary good manners and an ability to be courteous at all times.
- Ability to maintain a clean, neat appearance at all times.

To arrange a meeting, please call TJ Christensen at (361) 746-0248

2019-20 Winter Fishing Special

Corporate retreats and team building events are a large part of what we do here at Bay Flats Lodge. Every month of the year we host groups from all over the country that come to invest in their clients and employees. While any time is a good time for team building or entertaining clients, the winter offers something special. It’s hard to beat time spent around a fire enjoying great appetizers, sharing stories from the day’s fishing, developing new relationships, or just relishing old ones. There’s just something about cold air and good people that makes a wintertime outing stand out.

Bay Flats Lodge is offering special pricing to make your next corporate trip even easier during December and January. So, find the time this winter to make a trip to Bay Flats Lodge with the purpose of building relationships. Take advantage of great pricing, warm fires and cold air to make your next corporate event something special. – Randy Brown, Lodge Manager

Name:  Winter Fishing Special.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  109.2 KB

The following conditions apply to the 2019-20 Winter Fishing Special:
• Live bait and Texas Hotel Tax costs not included.
• When rescheduling due to bad weather, we will allow you to reschedule your trip any time within the following 12-months.
• If you reschedule for any reason other than bad weather, you will be required to reschedule your trip for the period of Dec. 2020 thru Jan. 2021.
Equipment:
• Simms Chest-Wader Rentals + Boots are $35/day
• Simms Wading Boot Rentals (Boots Only) is $20/day
• If you plan to wade fish, please bring your own rods & reels. Rod and reel rental is $30 per day (we supply rods & reels when fishing from the boat).

CCA’s Building Conservation Trust and
Bay Flats Lodge

Name:  CCA BCT CHECK.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  97.6 KB

If you follow us by way of our newsletter, Facebook page, or our website, you know we have formed a partnership with the Building Conservation Trust, with the goal of improving everything about the fishing habitat here along the central Texas coast. Taking care of this ecological wonder we are so blessed to enjoy is at the very top of our agenda.

For almost two years, our customers have been more than generous in contributing to this cause, and we here at Bay Flats Lodge are proud to match their generosity dollar for dollar. This money is dedicated to the needs of the central Texas coast and are making a huge difference, but there is always more that can be done. Here are a few suggestions we try to live by.

Everything that’s caught doesn’t have to die. We want our customers to take some fish home, but that doesn’t mean full limits are necessary. Take enough to enjoy but don’t take everything available.
Big fish are important. Trout over twenty-five inches, and Reds over twenty-eight inches, need to be released. If you want to mount a trophy-sized fish, take good measurements, take good pictures, and have a mount made - it will last longer, and will look better, than a traditional mount. These breeding age fish are essential to a quality fishery.
Obey the game laws. There’s no need to cheat. Keeping undersized fish, or exceeding a legal limit, does untold damage, and for no reason. There is nothing to gain by breaking the law, and there is so much to lose.

This is a vision we want to share with all outdoor enthusiast, and not just the ones we have the pleasure of hosting. With all of us working together, this fishery will only get better. At its heart, conservation demands we tell ourselves “no”, so that we can enjoy so much more than the here and now. My family recently added our first grandchild, and I’m looking forward to taking that young man fishing. I know the decisions I make now will affect what he gets to enjoy in the years to come. Together we can insure all of our grandchildren have an even better fishery than we have. – Randy Brown, Lodge Manager

Rebecca Munoz

BFL Employee Spotlight

Name:  REBECCA.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  83.0 KB

A big achievement is a perfect chance to remind someone how talented, hard-working, and deserving they are. That’s why we’d like to take this opportunity to tell BFL’s own Rebecca Munoz just exactly how very proud we are of her latest accomplishment. As BFL’s Evening Kitchen Manager, Rebecca’s daily feat is recognized as her being the one leading the charge in the preparation and presentation of BFL’s nightly culinary excellence. We’ve always known, however, that it was only a matter of time before Rebecca would outdo herself, and that’s exactly what she did this past weekend as she took 3rd Place in Port Lavaca’s 2019 Flip Flop Waterfront Festival 5K Flip Flop Splash & Dash run. We celebrate Rebecca’s accomplishment and we’re looking forward to watching her cross her next finish line! On behalf of the Bay Flats Lodge team and the company as a whole, we congratulate you Rebecca, and we send you our best wishes for your next adventure! Here’s to you, Rebecca!

Anticipation

September may sound like fall has arrived but here in South Texas the daily temperature reminds you summer is still around. The time between August and October is a season of anticipation. We’re all looking forward to that first norther that will usher in a cool spell breaking summers hold. We humans need some anticipation in our lives. We all need things to look forward to that help keep us motivated, inspired and just happier.

Weather isn’t the only thing anticipated here at Bay flats Lodge. Anticipation is part of everyday life here at Bay Flats Lodge. Mornings are full of people excited to be get on the water and enjoy a day of fishing. These same people are looking forward to a great meal at the end of the day. On top of that, a great night’s sleep in five-star accommodations makes for something special to end the day with.

If you’re in need of some anticipation in your life a trip to Bay Flats Lodge may be just the thing. Book a trip with us, and you will be looking forward to great fishing, great food, and great accommodations. – Randy Brown, Lodge Manager

September’s Riches and Resources

Written by: Capt. Stephen Boriskie

As we turn to September, I have to say that the second-half of August was a huge improvement over that of the first part of the month. My customers enjoyed solid catches of speckled trout and a bonus redfish here and there. Speaking of redfish, we are looking forward to the days when they are back in huge numbers in September, and I am sure they are on their way. As the tropics reach the peak of activity this month, so too are the water levels on the rise as tides are forced into the bays from these weather systems. This will change the game for both the bait fisherman, and the lure anglers, as well.

Name:  STEPHEN ARTICLE #1.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  79.5 KB

I am looking forward to this month for a few reasons, as it signals a transition for me personally from the use of live croaker to that of live shrimp under 4 Horsemen Popping Corks, especially later, as October comes into view. Another change on the way is cooler air and water temperatures because of the tilt of the earth allowing milder air to sink South and cool things off around here. I mentioned water levels already, but it’s another change on the way to the Texas coast, too. If you add up all these events, they begin to provide a roadmap to success for the saltwater angler as we enter the Fall of the year.

While the switch from croaker to shrimp is still sort of a mystery to me, as I’m not part of the scientific community, I do understand that the change is a natural part of the bay system cycle. The croaker we have been getting lately are much larger than the ones earlier in the season (May through August), and the fish will begin to change their preferences overall from pounding these guys once the shrimp bite begins. Now, of course, there are times where the seasons are shortened and also overlap, but on average these are the results I’ve seen over the past eight years. I can tell you from experience and limited field research that it will happen again, just like in the past. Shrimp will be king, and we all will be catching scores of trout, redfish and black drum again, just as it has been year upon year.

Name:  STEPHEN ARTICLE #3.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  132.1 KB

Get out here and enjoy the bounty of our bay system and see what it’s all about. We have eighteen full-time guides at the Lodge, and we are all getting booked consistently, so that means to me there are folks coming down each month that are new to what we do here. This is a good thing, as more and more attention is payed to these saltwater gems, and because the awareness increases, so too does the effort to help protect our beloved waters and the creatures within them. More focus on the resources means better and more healthy catches in the future. As you become less of a newbie and more of an experienced angler, we invite you to join in conservation groups like CCA Texas for instance, and that’s just one of the many who help. Come on these trips with us and let us show you why conservation is important. We’ll help you become a more learned angler by improving your skills and helping you land that lifetime-best fish.

Share Your Bay Flats Memories

Name:  SMUGMUG PHOTO.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  63.5 KB

There’s nothing more special than you, our Bay Flats Lodge customers. That’s why we’ve put photos from your lodge visit out on our SmugMug page so you can show them off to the world. These photos, just like your visit, pull people together. Now you can showcase the memories of your visit with friends, family, customers, or co-workers in the way in which you wish for them to be seen. Bring the memories back to life!

REMINDER

The new kill switch law went into effect this past Sunday, September 1, 2019. It requires the mandatory use of a kill switch lanyard or wireless kill switch by the boat operator on motor boats less than 26 feet in length when underway if it is equipped with one by the manufacturer. The boat operator is also required to first verify the switch is operational and fully functional. If using a wireless system, the law requires a wireless man overboard transmitter be attached to every person on board.

What Our Recent Guests Are Saying

First-class all the way! - Brian B. 9/3/19

The kitchen staff and the guides were all so very helpful and professional! Capt. Cody Spencer is a true professional, and he really took care of my customers - I fished with him both days. This was my employees taking some of their premier customers, and I really appreciated the way the whole staff took care of them! I love the appetizers, and all of the food served by the staff! - Orlando A. 9/2/19

Great team! I'd like to give honorable mention to Randy, Judy, Patsy, Cassie and the whole crew - what a blessing to have these folks make us feel at home! Couldn’t be happier with the trip. Kudo’s and Bravo Zulu, great job! - Graham C. 9/1/19

Great lodging, service, and appetizers! - Andy E. 9/1/19

The lodge staff is very friendly and courteous. We were appreciative that we were taken to the rooms and shown around. Dinner and breakfast were also very enjoyable, as the staff was very nice and helpful - would highly suggest your facilities! Capt. Stephen Boriskie was very nice and easy to talk to. We really enjoyed the time with him, and everyone on our boat had a great time fishing and talking with him - never a dull moment on the boat! We have been a guest at your Lodge several times in the past, and the food has always impressed us! I've told friends about it, and they are always excited to hear about the current adventure, and how great it was! Just keep doing what you're doing, and you will have continued success! - Shayne S. 8/31/19

Seven-Day Weather Forecast

Thursday 50 % Precip.
A mix of clouds and sun. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 89F. Winds SSE at 10 to 15 mph.
Friday 10 % Precip.
Some clouds in the morning will give way to mainly sunny skies for the afternoon. High 94F. NNE winds shifting to SE at 10 to 15 mph.
Saturday 10 % Precip.
Mostly sunny. High 93F. W winds shifting to SSE at 10 to 15 mph.
Sunday 20 % Precip.
Mainly sunny. High 91F. Winds SSE at 10 to 20 mph.
Monday 30 % Precip.
Partly cloudy with a slight chance of thunderstorms. High around 90F. Winds SSE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
Tuesday 40 % Precip.
Scattered thunderstorms in the morning. Partly cloudy skies late. High around 90F. Winds SE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Wednesday 30 % Precip.
Isolated thunderstorms in the morning. Skies will become partly cloudy later in the day. High 91F. Winds ESE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
Coastal Water Temperature:
Port Aransas 86.0 degrees
Seadrift 84.0 degrees
Matagorda Bay 88.0 degrees

Watch our story

Download our App on iTunes
https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/...898844158&mt=8

Download our App on Google Play
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...bayflat.layout

Join our fan page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bay-F...15209515185497

1-888-677-4868
Captain Chris Martin
www.BayFlatsLodge.com

Meet Our Partners:

Mercury Outboards
ES Custom Boats
Simmons Custom Rigging
Power Pole
Wet Sounds
ForEverlast - Hunting & Fishing Products
Simms
Costa Del Mar
Columbia
Drake Waterfowl
Coastline Trailers
CCA - Texas
Building Conservation Trust - CCA’s National Habitat Program
Ducks Unlimited - Texas
Delta Waterfowl
Benelli USA
Franchi USA
Black Cloud Ammunitions
Finck Cigar Company
The Texas Gourmet
Stacy Hedrick - Realtor
Lifetime Decoys
MOmarsh
Law Call Lanyards
FireDisc Cookers
Hector Mendieta Tunes & Tails Fishing Tournament
Tanglefree Waterfowl
Copeland Duck Calls
Reaction Strike Lures
Swan Point Landing
Jeco’s Marine & Tackle

Attached Images

Last edited by Capt. Chris Martin; 09-04-2019 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Only way I Can Post Anything!
Capt. Chris Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement