New here, Happy to see it and my story - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Tobacco Quitters Support Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2016, 03:03 PM   #1
Nevans
Registered Users-pm+

Nevans is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
New here, Happy to see it and my story

I just recently became a member and seeing this forum made me happy.

Congrats to all of you out there who have quit and are making strides to be free from tobacco. It's tough but you are tougher and you can do it!

My Story, my testimony:
I am 46 years old and was addicted to Copenhagen for 23 years. I like most of you started out early in life mainly because it was cool. The struggle became real as I got married and had kids. My wife and kids were always on me because they didn't want "A dad without a face".

I will not go "All Religous" on you guys because that's not how I think it should be but, I am a strong Christ follower and He is why I'm here today.

August 23rd will mark 6 years free of being a slave to Copenhagen and the enemy. I tried so many times to quit and even though I told myself I wanted to quit I really didn't or so I thought. I didn't want to quit Copenhagen because I was addicted and loved it, I did want to quit because I knew it was bad for me plus I didn't want my children seeing me dip all the time. After many talks with God and my wife I began to realize that the addiction was not something I was doing because if the nicotine, it was because I had let the devil control me.
Yes, the devil was controlling me!
Now for a grown man, head of the household, in control of most of life situations to realize that I was letting something control me hit hard. Not being prideful and saying something can't control me but not this! God has control over me and that's it. As I realized this I really reached out to God for help because I knew I couldn't do it alone. I committed to quitting knowing God would be there by me along with my wife. Months went on and the same struggles continued. Now I really did want to quit and couldn't understand why it was harder now than before.
The enemy was really attacking me because I had not fully gave it over to God like I had committed to doing.

The day-
On August 23, 2010 I was walking through a construction site to check on one of my projects. As I walked down the main hall I was frustrated with the whole Copenhagen thing. I litterly heard God, not audibly but mentally say " You know I can heal you of this addiction why don't you?".. I stopped in my tracks and I audibly said " I know you can!". God then said "Then why won't you let me?"

Right there in that hall with people around I raised my hands and fully gave my addiction to God. I said " I give it all to you God and I never want to smell it, taste it or want it again, it's all yours!"
I instantly felt a chill start from my head and it traveled down my body and left through my toes.
Since that day I have not had a dip nor wanted one. You can open a can and place it under my nose and I cannot smell it at all. Praise God I'm free!

Guys,
This is a very true story and exactly how it happened. That day 23 years of bondage left me never to return.
Now I can't promise you that God will heal you the same way as he did me but, I can promise you this, He will help you! He is your strength and He is your bondage breaker!

Philippians 4:13
I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me!

Rely on Christ and give him the glory for He is the one who makes all things possible!

God bless you guys and I pray my testimony helps someone who reads it.

Last edited by Nevans; 07-03-2016 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Typo
Nevans is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2016, 11:05 PM   #2
CCinKT
Registered Users-pm+

CCinKT has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCCinKT has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCCinKT has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCCinKT has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCCinKT has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCCinKT has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCCinKT has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCCinKT has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCCinKT has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCCinKT has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCCinKT has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Amen brother similar story smoker addiction 41 ys of slavery...My QUIT date( I believe to be very important ...along with the power of prayer) is Jan 20th 2014 after gazillions of cigarettes smoked and clothes burned, sheets, hard wood floors around my bed...poof I'm done, I still have cravings but the more time goes by the easier it becomes....GOD IS GOOD !!!...Many blessings to all...M. aka Wake Up
CCinKT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2016, 11:23 PM   #3
Nevans
Registered Users-pm+

Nevans is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCinKT View Post
Amen brother similar story smoker addiction 41 ys of slavery...My QUIT date( I believe to be very important ...along with the power of prayer) is Jan 20th 2014 after gazillions of cigarettes smoked and clothes burned, sheets, hard wood floors around my bed...poof I'm done, I still have cravings but the more time goes by the easier it becomes....GOD IS GOOD !!!...Many blessings to all...M. aka Wake Up
Awesome!! God is good bud!
Nevans is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2016, 09:41 AM   #4
CCinKT
Registered Users-pm+

CCinKT has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCCinKT has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCCinKT has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCCinKT has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCCinKT has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCCinKT has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCCinKT has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCCinKT has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCCinKT has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCCinKT has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCCinKT has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
flounder Blessings

Many Blessings to you and yours Nevans... We rock...with the power of God on our side...~~~!!!
Old 07-07-2016, 05:18 PM   #5
POSIDEON
GET THE NET!!

POSIDEON has been promoted to PiratePOSIDEON has been promoted to PiratePOSIDEON has been promoted to PiratePOSIDEON has been promoted to PiratePOSIDEON has been promoted to PiratePOSIDEON has been promoted to PiratePOSIDEON has been promoted to PiratePOSIDEON has been promoted to PiratePOSIDEON has been promoted to PiratePOSIDEON has been promoted to PiratePOSIDEON has been promoted to Pirate
Awesome story and Congrats! Im now 6 months free of tobacco but has been a tough road to take.
POSIDEON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2016, 02:13 PM   #6
CCinKT
Registered Users-pm+

Flag Kicking is not a snap

Posideon you can do this...every day that goes by it'll get easier and easier...replace that bad habit with a good new one...like brushing your teeth or do breathing exercises kinda like your smoking a cig...but reverse... inhale slowly thru your nose slow slow slow and as deep as you can...then exhale slow and methodical, thru youe mouth like your exhaling a cigarette...you'll feel that rush and tingling as your blood zings thru your body. Great exercise...I found myself doing this 3 or four times in a row when I had a craving anywhere, it, the power of prayer, and divine intervention helped me conquer my demonic habit...(I was up to 3-4 packs daily)...Last but equally as important is that you surround your self with a support group that continues to massage your ego and tell you how great you are for kicking and how strong your inner you is...Let your ego boost itself and revel in the greatness of controling your decision to quit!!! I wish you a multitude of blessings, Posideon and in the name of Christ, that you find the continued strength to kick that horrible addiction...M. aka Wake Up
Old 07-08-2016, 02:20 PM   #7
CCinKT
Registered Users-pm+

BTW I'm no a bible thumper either but I do believe in the power of prayer...

M.