01 Z71 issues - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Trucks/Towing/Trailering Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2008, 11:41 PM   #11
shallowsport702
Registered Users-pm+

shallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mate
Just thinking out loud here, but do any of you guys think it could have anything to do with the knock sensor? The only reson I ask is that because when I purchased the truck at 76,000 miles (it now has 173,000), within a few days of me having it the Service Engine Soon light came on. Took it back to the small dealership where I got it and they plugged in the diagnostic tool and the knock sensor code came up. They insisted it wasn't a big deal and deleted the code,and I didn't have much of an argument for them to replace it being as I declined the extended warranty. Now everything has been pretty good up until this point, and I've heard about these trucks having poor seals for the knock sensor and them getting corroded, so my question is, could what I'm experiencing while driving be an engine ping/knock due to bad knock sensor(s)?
shallowsport702 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2008, 11:59 AM   #12
tx-fisherdude
Registered Users-pm+

tx-fisherdude has been promoted to Piratetx-fisherdude has been promoted to Piratetx-fisherdude has been promoted to Piratetx-fisherdude has been promoted to Piratetx-fisherdude has been promoted to Piratetx-fisherdude has been promoted to Piratetx-fisherdude has been promoted to Piratetx-fisherdude has been promoted to Piratetx-fisherdude has been promoted to Piratetx-fisherdude has been promoted to Piratetx-fisherdude has been promoted to Pirate
When was the last time you changed plugs? Check your fuel pressure regulator its on your intake manifold with a vacuume hose going to it. Pull the hose and if gas comes out of it replace it (the regulator not the hose)
tx-fisherdude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2008, 12:09 PM   #13
CAJUN THUNDER
Registered Users-pm+

CAJUN THUNDER has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieCAJUN THUNDER has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieCAJUN THUNDER has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieCAJUN THUNDER has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieCAJUN THUNDER has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieCAJUN THUNDER has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieCAJUN THUNDER has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieCAJUN THUNDER has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieCAJUN THUNDER has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieCAJUN THUNDER has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieCAJUN THUNDER has been promoted to the rank of Swabbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfcoastpunk View Post
I woud go with either fuel pressure regulator or intake gasket leak
intake gasket's leaking will not cause it to come on....i bet it's a o2 sensor..
CAJUN THUNDER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2008, 04:11 PM   #14
shallowsport702
Registered Users-pm+

shallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mate
Fisherdude, I changed plugs about a month and a half ago. I actually swung by autozone today after work and asked the guy to plug in the diagnostic tool for me, which he didn't really care to do since the service engine soon light was not on at the moment, but tried anyway, and sure enough it threw out the lean bank 1 and lean bank 2 codes, or something along those lines( I didn't get a chance to write down the codes). The guy said that when it's just one of the codes I mentioned, it's the O2 sensor, but when it's both the codes I mentioned, it's mass air flow sensor. Does this sound right? I hate to spend $140 on a mass air flow sensor when that's not the problem. Thanks again.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:23 PM   #15
wave hopper
Registered Users-pm+

wave hopper has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerwave hopper has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerwave hopper has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerwave hopper has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerwave hopper has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerwave hopper has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerwave hopper has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerwave hopper has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerwave hopper has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerwave hopper has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerwave hopper has been promoted to the rank of Gunner
when the check engine light comes on it means you have something wrong with the emissions o2 sensor,gas cap something along those lines best thing to do is get the codes and google them to see what they are i just went through the same thing with an 2006 chevy
wave hopper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2008, 07:09 PM   #16
tx-fisherdude
Registered Users-pm+

tx-fisherdude has been promoted to Piratetx-fisherdude has been promoted to Piratetx-fisherdude has been promoted to Piratetx-fisherdude has been promoted to Piratetx-fisherdude has been promoted to Piratetx-fisherdude has been promoted to Piratetx-fisherdude has been promoted to Piratetx-fisherdude has been promoted to Piratetx-fisherdude has been promoted to Piratetx-fisherdude has been promoted to Piratetx-fisherdude has been promoted to Pirate
Do you run a K&N filter I read that these can get oil on the mass air flow sensor. They do sell a cleaner for cleaning these its a CNC brand. Dont know if it will work but its worth a shot.
tx-fisherdude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2008, 09:27 PM   #17
shallowsport702
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx-fisherdude View Post
Do you run a K&N filter I read that these can get oil on the mass air flow sensor. They do sell a cleaner for cleaning these its a CNC brand. Dont know if it will work but its worth a shot.
Actually I do have an Airaid intake system. Today I took it all apart and cleaned up the throttle body and while I was at it cleaned and oiled the air filter. Would I notice oil buildup or gunk on the mass air flow sensor, because it looked fine and clean today when I unplugged it and checked it out.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:51 AM   #18
Maritime
Registered Users-pm+

Maritime has been promoted to PirateMaritime has been promoted to PirateMaritime has been promoted to PirateMaritime has been promoted to PirateMaritime has been promoted to PirateMaritime has been promoted to PirateMaritime has been promoted to PirateMaritime has been promoted to PirateMaritime has been promoted to PirateMaritime has been promoted to PirateMaritime has been promoted to Pirate
I had an '02 Z-71 that i recently sold that had similar problems. I had to change the fuel pump 3 times before i got a good one, so don't think it can't be the same problem. Also you should try and take it to a mechanic and get a fuel pressure reading. I think the pressure should be around 55 psi anything less will trigger the codes. My truck was sending the same codes... lean bank 1 and 2. So before you drop any money get a PSI reading, it shouldn't take more than 5 min.
P.S. The 55 psi is just a guess. The mech. should have a book with all the numbers for ya.
Good luck, my truck gave me hell.
Maritime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2008, 03:39 PM   #19
shepard24
Registered Users-pm+

shepard24 has been promoted to the rank of Bosunshepard24 has been promoted to the rank of Bosunshepard24 has been promoted to the rank of Bosunshepard24 has been promoted to the rank of Bosunshepard24 has been promoted to the rank of Bosunshepard24 has been promoted to the rank of Bosunshepard24 has been promoted to the rank of Bosunshepard24 has been promoted to the rank of Bosunshepard24 has been promoted to the rank of Bosunshepard24 has been promoted to the rank of Bosunshepard24 has been promoted to the rank of Bosun
sell it

j/k
shepard24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2008, 07:10 PM   #20
shallowsport702
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepard24 View Post
sell it

j/k
Carl, don't think the thought hasn't crossed my mind. I'm gonna sell in or around April...I'll sell the truck and use my tax refund on a newish one. Hopefully I'll get more for mine than you did for yours.