2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Merry Christmas from the Good Ol' Boys

5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Tortuga 
#1 · (Edited)
May all of you have a safe, blessed and very Merry Christmas.

To those who stand the wall
- We miss you, we love you and we wish you were home. We are grateful for your service and you humbled by your sacrifice. You stand against the forces of darkness, your courage, your honor and your pride is a testament to all this good about this nation. May God watch over you and keep you safe, not only on this blessed holiday but all the days of your life. Always know and Always Remember - you are not forgotten, you are in our prayers and our thoughts. Always remember - there are Americans who care and we always will. May your holiday be blessed and may the guns of the enemy fall silent even if only for a short, brief time. And when your watch is over it is our prayer and our hope that you will return safely to your family, your friends and a grateful nation.

to the families of the fallen we wish for you a comforting holiday season. Know this - your loss is our loss as well, our hope that this nation will never forget those who fought and died so that we may live in the land of the free. May God give you peace and may your memories be good ones, unfettered by sadness.

The Good Ol Boys wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Blessed, safe and happy New Year.

See less See more
#2 ·
A Veteran's Christmas Wish

Each year when Christmas comes around again,
I pause on Christmas Eve to take a dram
Of whiskey, and I think of absent friends,
And Christmas in a place called Vietnam.

I think of boys who never had the chance
To see their kids on Christmas Eve at play,
Their lives were spent that freedom might advance,
From Valley Forge right up through yesterday.

They fell at Belleau Wood and Normandy,
At Gettysburg, at Iwo and at Hue,
They gave their lives to keep our people free,
And never saw another Christmas Day.

So take a moment from your festive joys,
To think of soldiers who were young and true,
And say a prayer on Christmas Eve for boys
Who gave up all their Christmases for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.