AR Pistols - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Hunting and Shooting Forums > Firearms/Reloading/Handloading Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2019, 02:32 PM   #1
Gasspergoo
Registered Users-pm+

Gasspergoo has been promoted to PirateGasspergoo has been promoted to PirateGasspergoo has been promoted to PirateGasspergoo has been promoted to PirateGasspergoo has been promoted to PirateGasspergoo has been promoted to PirateGasspergoo has been promoted to PirateGasspergoo has been promoted to PirateGasspergoo has been promoted to PirateGasspergoo has been promoted to PirateGasspergoo has been promoted to Pirate
AR Pistols

I've been checking out AR pistols and thinking I might want one. Anybody have info on pro's/con's and what brand to look at?
Gasspergoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2019, 06:52 PM   #2
ccoker
Registered Users-pm+

ccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunner
That is a very open ended question..
what do you want to use it for?
caliber?
budget?

You can spend 500 to 2500..

I have built a few for fun in 5.56, 300 Blackout and 6.8 but never kept them longterm. This is the only AR pistol in my safe at the moment and probably won't change anytime soon. Wilson Combat AR9 9mm with a TailHook2 "brace" . I am a huge fan of Wilson Combat ARs and have several.

https://tacticalgunreview.com/wilson-combat-ar9-review/
ccoker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2019, 08:05 AM   #3
Gasspergoo
Registered Users-pm+

Gasspergoo has been promoted to PirateGasspergoo has been promoted to PirateGasspergoo has been promoted to PirateGasspergoo has been promoted to PirateGasspergoo has been promoted to PirateGasspergoo has been promoted to PirateGasspergoo has been promoted to PirateGasspergoo has been promoted to PirateGasspergoo has been promoted to PirateGasspergoo has been promoted to PirateGasspergoo has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoker View Post
That is a very open ended question..
what do you want to use it for?
caliber?
budget?

You can spend 500 to 2500..

I have built a few for fun in 5.56, 300 Blackout and 6.8 but never kept them longterm. This is the only AR pistol in my safe at the moment and probably won't change anytime soon. Wilson Combat AR9 9mm with a TailHook2 "brace" . I am a huge fan of Wilson Combat ARs and have several.

https://tacticalgunreview.com/wilson-combat-ar9-review/

I don't really have a "need" for one, just want one. Will stay with 5.56/.223 and my budget is $1000 or less. I would love to have several firearms from the Wilson line, just out of my budget for now. Thanks for the input.
Gasspergoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2019, 09:13 AM   #4
Chase4556
US Army Aviation NSDQ!

Chase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to Pirate
My .02, I'd build one in a pistol caliber. With an 8" barrel or less you are loosing quite a bit when shooting something like 5.56 or 300blk. However, you get full potential out of a 9mm round that was designed for a short barrel. They are fun to shoot, 9mm is pretty cheap, good for home defense..... I'd start there and see how you like the outcome.
Chase4556 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2019, 10:20 AM   #5
ccoker
Registered Users-pm+

ccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunner
yeah, my 9mm with an 8" barrel and can is super fun

I have killed a few pigs with it and the 135g Hornady Critical Duty ammo

300 BO works fine in an 8" barrel, it was designed for that length.
Really only one round that is commercially available and reasonably priced that is designed to expand and subsonic velocities and that is the Hornady Sub X 190g

I have used both the 300 BO and 6.8 and prefer the 6.8 for putting stuff down hard much better.. shot placement trumps everything of course and behind the ear with just about anything will drop pigs but when they start running the 6.8 will anchor them or slow them down better than the 300. We do a lot of thermal night hunts

5.56 out short barrel is brutally loud, even with a can it's not that fun to shoot much of.

This site has some good info and here's a thread I just looked at.
I like the Glock mag lowers, mags are readily available and proven to be reliable.

M4Carbine.net seems to have much more knowledgeable people than AR15.com
I haven't been to that site in a LONG time.. bad signal to noise ratio

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-carbine/page2

This is a Texas company that has been doing it for a long time
https://www.quartercircle10.com/

Sig MPX is a good option
ccoker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2019, 10:29 AM   #6
Trouthunter
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate

Trouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to Pirate
I just never have felt a need for one so I can't help you.

TH
Old 06-26-2019, 11:27 AM   #7
mlw85547
Registered Users-pm+

mlw85547 has been promoted to Piratemlw85547 has been promoted to Piratemlw85547 has been promoted to Piratemlw85547 has been promoted to Piratemlw85547 has been promoted to Piratemlw85547 has been promoted to Piratemlw85547 has been promoted to Piratemlw85547 has been promoted to Piratemlw85547 has been promoted to Piratemlw85547 has been promoted to Piratemlw85547 has been promoted to Pirate
i put a 10.5" grendel together and found that i still preferred to shoot my 16". parted out the pistol grendel and put together an AR 9. Its a rifle so that i can use it in USPSA PCC division and it replicates my grendel for training purposes. If it wasn't for those 2 facts i would have made it a pistol.

At your price range and in 5.56, I would go BCM and put a KAK shockwave blade 2.0 on it.
mlw85547 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2019, 12:33 PM   #8
lhchief84
Registered Users-pm+

lhchief84 has been promoted to Piratelhchief84 has been promoted to Piratelhchief84 has been promoted to Piratelhchief84 has been promoted to Piratelhchief84 has been promoted to Piratelhchief84 has been promoted to Piratelhchief84 has been promoted to Piratelhchief84 has been promoted to Piratelhchief84 has been promoted to Piratelhchief84 has been promoted to Piratelhchief84 has been promoted to Pirate
I picked up a Springfield Saint in the 300blk about a year ago. It is now probably one of my most favorite guns to shoot.......especially running a suppressor with my subsonic handloads. I have been absolutely amazed with how accurate it is out to 100yds (about 1.5" groups). With the available expanding subsonic bullets being produced by Lehigh defense & discreet ballistics, it is a varmint killing machine. I do not, and will not test the waters out past 100yds.....but at night, its really all I need.

https://www.springfield-armory.com/p...istol-300-blk/
lhchief84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2019, 07:59 PM   #9
muney pit
Registered Users-pm+

muney pit has been promoted to Piratemuney pit has been promoted to Piratemuney pit has been promoted to Piratemuney pit has been promoted to Piratemuney pit has been promoted to Piratemuney pit has been promoted to Piratemuney pit has been promoted to Piratemuney pit has been promoted to Piratemuney pit has been promoted to Piratemuney pit has been promoted to Piratemuney pit has been promoted to Pirate
Pistols now are the poor man's sbr. Now that braces have become adjustable and pushed the line so far doing a sbr form 1 and paying 200 bucks doesnt make sence. Now im guessing since everyone jumped on the " bumpstocks are dumb because i dont own one so ban it, i dont care" bandwagon. This gave the atf the ok to label stuff as accessories and not under the protection of the 2A. Great job sticking together. :/ So give it time and braces will be banned but for now buy as many as you can. I dont go under 12.5" for 556, 8" for 300blackout. Other than that make it while you can and buy ammo guys. Its at a all time low and believe me when i say after trump ( who is not pro 2a) and maybe sooner, the higher prices and restrictions will be coming our way.

Anyone wanting a piston , 556 pistol thats not a ar look hard at the bren 805. Its a awesome gun in either pistol or carbine. Its basically a scar for way less. They have been dicountued for the bren 2 that may come next year or who knows when. If you got the doe get either one but just get one.

https://shoot-straight.com/product/cz-805-bren-pistol/

Last edited by muney pit; 07-13-2019 at 08:06 PM.
muney pit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2019, 12:42 AM   #10
housewolf
Registered Users-pm+

housewolf has been promoted to Piratehousewolf has been promoted to Piratehousewolf has been promoted to Piratehousewolf has been promoted to Piratehousewolf has been promoted to Piratehousewolf has been promoted to Piratehousewolf has been promoted to Piratehousewolf has been promoted to Piratehousewolf has been promoted to Piratehousewolf has been promoted to Piratehousewolf has been promoted to Pirate
I put this one (10.5”) together with a PSA upper and lower parts kit I bought for ~$250. Total cost without the optics & light was <$300. I’ve shot it quite a bit and other than it being super loud, I like it. In fact it’s my “nightstand gun” now.

It’s a heck of a lot more firepower than a “nine”
Attached Images

housewolf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message