Garden Pictures! - Page 28 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Home Gardening Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2020, 01:48 PM   #271
Mattsfishin
Registered Users-pm+

Mattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to Pirate
Karstopo I only bought 3 carmelo's this year also. Wish I had bought maybe 2 more. I cut back on the tomatoes this year and only have 8 plants. Last year I pulled up plants because I could not give tomatoes away. This year people are going nuts over seeds and plants. Thanks for mentioning the squash. I also forgot and have a good place to plant some seeds. My seeds are from last year but should do. Going to do that now while I wait for my new freezer to arrive.
Attached Images

Mattsfishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2020, 02:21 PM   #272
karstopo
Taking shots at fish

karstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Pirate
I’m going to end up, knock on wood, with more fresh tomatoes than I can use. Thinking about different ways to preserve the excess.

What do y’all do with the surplus harvest besides give it away?
karstopo is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2020, 02:22 PM   #273
Meadowlark
Registered Users-PM plus

Meadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by karstopo View Post
I have about 20 of those seeds remaining in the original package. I’ll be happy to send them to you if you like. They are year 2020 seeds. Should be able to get them in USPS mail by Friday at the latest.
PM sent...and pick out something you would like to try in return...hint onions are ready, potatoes are almost ready or whatever
Meadowlark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2020, 02:24 PM   #274
Meadowlark
Registered Users-PM plus

Meadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by karstopo View Post
I’m going to end up, knock on wood, with more fresh tomatoes than I can use. Thinking about different ways to preserve the excess.

What do y’all do with the surplus harvest besides give it away?
Can it! We do probably 30 quart jars a year of tomatoes. Use it in soups, all kinds of dishes. Keeps really well. Better, by far than the canned stuff they sell in stores.
Old 04-22-2020, 02:39 PM   #275
karstopo
Taking shots at fish

karstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadowlark View Post
Can it! We do probably 30 quart jars a year of tomatoes. Use it in soups, all kinds of dishes. Keeps really well. Better, by far than the canned stuff they sell in stores.
Good idea. I’ve got some mason and weck jars, but have never canned tomatoes. I’ll look for what’s the best way to can tomatoes on the web. Most of my tomatoes are slicer types, but I guess they can be canned too.
Old 05-09-2020, 10:54 AM   #276
karstopo
Taking shots at fish

Spaghetti squash really took off in this raised bed. Biggest of several fruit.
Still blooming and setting more.

Getting a reasonable amount of yellow squash now, paint brush pollination does work.

Bell peppers are huge this year.

Getting a few tomatoes ripening and some big ones in the works

Good season, giving the garden a lot of attention and care and it seems to be paying off. Learning on the job, but all these master gardeners here help shorten the curve.
Old 05-09-2020, 01:00 PM   #277
Meadowlark
Registered Users-PM plus

Very nice. When will you pick the Spaghetti squash? Mine hasn't even started blooming yet, but I have some family members eagerly awaiting some.

I agree on the bell peppers...huge this year...and the jalapenos are also very large this year for some reason.
Old 05-09-2020, 02:20 PM   #278
karstopo
Taking shots at fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadowlark View Post
Very nice. When will you pick the Spaghetti squash? Mine hasn't even started blooming yet, but I have some family members eagerly awaiting some.

I agree on the bell peppers...huge this year...and the jalapenos are also very large this year for some reason.
Not really sure on the spaghetti squash will be ready. I believe it’s listed as 95 days, This one was up and growing by mid March. From what I’ve read, when the skin turns golden yellow and the rind is too hard to scrap with a finger nail.

I’m going to make a guess and say the first week in June.
Old 05-19-2020, 03:25 PM   #279
karstopo
Taking shots at fish

Decided to pick a couple of bell peppers for stuffed peppers tonight. I don’t think I’ll be able to eat more than one. 11.3 ounces and the other one is 9.3. Crusader is the variety, new one for me.
Old 05-19-2020, 05:35 PM   #280
Meadowlark
Registered Users-PM plus

Those are beauties...and have me curious about weighing mine.

It is a great year for peppers so far...but with the temps getting in the upper 90s I expect mine will slow production somewhat. Funny thing I never used to like bell peppers and would avoid them until I started growing them. Now stuffed bell pepper is one of my favorites. You just can't beat home grown produce.