Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2020, 10:27 AM   #1
Bay805
Registered Users-pm+

Bay805 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Opinions: Best Electric Fillet knife?

Been a while since I bought an electric fillet knife and was looking for some recommendations. Mainly for cleaning trout, reds, flounder. Thanks
Bay805 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2020, 11:35 AM   #2
Tex 79
Registered Users-pm+

Tex 79 has been promoted to PirateTex 79 has been promoted to PirateTex 79 has been promoted to PirateTex 79 has been promoted to PirateTex 79 has been promoted to PirateTex 79 has been promoted to PirateTex 79 has been promoted to PirateTex 79 has been promoted to PirateTex 79 has been promoted to PirateTex 79 has been promoted to PirateTex 79 has been promoted to Pirate
I’ve been thinking about buying the electric bubba blade, I’ve read a lot of good reviews on them but never personally used one.. might be one to look into

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tex 79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2020, 12:10 PM   #3
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
I have the expensive $100 American Angler. Forgot it a few times and ended up with a $10 Hamilton Beach. Cant tell the difference. The Hamilton Beach might even be better.

That's on trout. Use a regular knife for reds so I can leverage where needed and not fight scales. And a same for flounder so I can feel and get precise.
sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2020, 12:58 PM   #4
clos
Registered Users-pm+

clos has been promoted to the rank of Riggerclos has been promoted to the rank of Riggerclos has been promoted to the rank of Riggerclos has been promoted to the rank of Riggerclos has been promoted to the rank of Riggerclos has been promoted to the rank of Riggerclos has been promoted to the rank of Riggerclos has been promoted to the rank of Riggerclos has been promoted to the rank of Riggerclos has been promoted to the rank of Riggerclos has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Bubba!

I have the bubba blade, works awesome, and comes with a **** load of blades.... and two batteries... Way better than getting shocked at lot of cleaning stations with the plug in.... and sooooo much safer
clos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2020, 10:18 PM   #5
2good2Btru
Registered Users-pm+

2good2Btru is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Been thinking of getting me one as well but not sure which one. I would primarily use it at home
2good2Btru is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2020, 05:26 AM   #6
RedXCross
Thank You! Next

RedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to Pirate
My electric made Sawzall with a thin and a Redfish blade made by a company can't recall their name, my advice becareful !!
I have done Crappie to Ling with it, mainly Redfish,Trout and flounder
RedXCross is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2020, 06:28 AM   #7
hurricane matt
Registered Users-pm+

hurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Pirate
Just filleted up a black drum with the American angler yesterday for lunch. Works fine but so does regular white handle non electric knife too.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
hurricane matt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2020, 11:59 AM   #8
Totally Tuna
Registered Users-pm+

Totally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to Pirate
The Hamilton Beach one works just as good as any of the others. $20 on Amazon. You can get them at Walmart today for the same price.

https://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beac...s%2C179&sr=8-2

Suggestion for Trout and Flounder, get a sharp fillet knife and learn to keep it sharp. A leather strop is the most foolproof way to keep them sharp and to not cut through tough bones. Learning to cut over the rib cage on Reds also negates the need for an electric knife.
Totally Tuna is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2020, 12:01 PM   #9
acoastalbender
Registered Users-pm+

acoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirate
6 or 7 years ago my wife bought me an electric Rapala that is plug in or battery operated and it works really well, have no idea what she paid for it but still doing the job ... has two sets of blades (different lengths) ...
acoastalbender is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message