Questions on Suzuki 350 on a shallow sport X3 - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2020, 11:45 PM   #11
Reeldeal16
Registered Users-pm+

Reeldeal16 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerReeldeal16 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerReeldeal16 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerReeldeal16 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerReeldeal16 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerReeldeal16 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerReeldeal16 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerReeldeal16 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerReeldeal16 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerReeldeal16 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerReeldeal16 has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasislandboy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrem View Post
For lower Laguna I would drop down to 250 for weight savings. You likely only gain a couple mph going 250 to 350. Maybe gain valuable inches of draft.... just a guess tho. I prefer lighter over more HP. I'm running a big 26ft Southshore with a 250 and it is plenty. Even with 7 hunters in full winter wade duck hunting gear, 12 dozen decoys, a couple duck dogs and all the shells and guns etc. We still get very shallow. Wouldnt want another big weight right on the transom making it worse. And like I said on these big flats boats the mph gain just doesnt justify it.

The X3 likes weight in the back. The 350 Suzuki would be what I put on one if I was buying one tomorrow. I just ordered another 24V with a 300. Not sure if I'm going etec or suzuki just yet. I'll know later this week. The 250 on the X3 is not enough anymore. People load these things down. 300 or better is best. The 400 Verado is killer. A X3 loaded light with a 250 will sit nose down in the water and draft more at the bow than the transom. They sit level with big motors.
I’d think twice about the E-Techs. They are closing down pretty soon. They sign a contract with Mercury supposedly. However, super excited about building my boat here soon. Just really caught up on choosing the right motor. It’s a big investment so trying my best in making the right decisions.
Attached Images

Reeldeal16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2020, 09:08 AM   #12
texasislandboy
Snook Guide SPI

texasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeldeal16 View Post
I’d think twice about the E-Techs. They are closing down pretty soon. They sign a contract with Mercury supposedly. However, super excited about building my boat here soon. Just really caught up on choosing the right motor. It’s a big investment so trying my best in making the right decisions.
Yep. Talking with the factory today to see what my options are. I may still do the Etec. It's not like dealers are no going to get paid to fix them under warranty. How many old motors can you still get every part for.
texasislandboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2020, 05:29 PM   #13
Sour Diesel
Registered Users-pm+

Sour Diesel has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterSour Diesel has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterSour Diesel has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterSour Diesel has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterSour Diesel has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterSour Diesel has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterSour Diesel has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterSour Diesel has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterSour Diesel has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterSour Diesel has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterSour Diesel has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMaster
X3

I have this combo on my x3. And I absolutely love it!! I have never OH and I fish from San Bay to Sargent. Loaded 4 people with Sport Top turn 53 54 Wot, 2 people 57 np. I personally wouldn’t put anything less than a 350 on this rig. And I definitely would not buy an Evinrude. Those that have them are all but guaranteed to lose 20 to 25 % of there boats value. And not to even consider any warranty issues you might have. Pm me if have any questions
Sour Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2020, 11:39 PM   #14
Reeldeal16
Registered Users-pm+

Reeldeal16 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerReeldeal16 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerReeldeal16 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerReeldeal16 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerReeldeal16 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerReeldeal16 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerReeldeal16 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerReeldeal16 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerReeldeal16 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerReeldeal16 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerReeldeal16 has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sour Diesel View Post
I have this combo on my x3. And I absolutely love it!! I have never OH and I fish from San Bay to Sargent. Loaded 4 people with Sport Top turn 53 54 Wot, 2 people 57 np. I personally wouldn’️t put anything less than a 350 on this rig. And I definitely would not buy an Evinrude. Those that have them are all but guaranteed to lose 20 to 25 % of there boats value. And not to even consider any warranty issues you might have. Pm me if have any questions
Definitely sounds like a winner. Where do you run out of. Also, have you had any overheating issues. If you do, how often. Please let me know. I’m about to make a big investment and I just want to make the best decision possible. Post some pictures if you have a chance!
Old 05-28-2020, 11:42 PM   #15
dk2429
Jeremiah 29:11

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
Get an Evinrude and don't look back.
dk2429 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2020, 12:32 AM   #16
PRIMETIME PLUGGER
Dirty 30 club

PRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to PiratePRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to PiratePRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to PiratePRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to PiratePRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to PiratePRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to PiratePRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to PiratePRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to PiratePRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to PiratePRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to PiratePRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to Pirate
x3

My buddy just put a 350 suke on his x3 the low water pickup did pick up a lot of grass down in PM when we went, here in g town is not an issue, It seems like the low water pickup is a poor design. other than that the 350 is the ultimate combo for that sled. that boat will get up in the shallowest water loaded to the gills with the TRP.
Attached Images

PRIMETIME PLUGGER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2020, 04:27 PM   #17
texasislandboy
Snook Guide SPI

texasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Pirate
From what I heard suzuki has a high flow water screen for the 350 now. Helps with the grass and over heating.
texasislandboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2020, 09:10 PM   #18
EastTexasRancher
Registered Users-pm+

EastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to Pirate
...and a 6 year warranty! SIX!
EastTexasRancher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2020, 11:00 PM   #19
PRIMETIME PLUGGER
Dirty 30 club

PRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to PiratePRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to PiratePRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to PiratePRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to PiratePRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to PiratePRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to PiratePRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to PiratePRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to PiratePRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to PiratePRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to PiratePRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
From what I heard suzuki has a high flow water screen for the 350 now. Helps with the grass and over heating.
good to know thanks ill look into this.
PRIMETIME PLUGGER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2020, 11:22 PM   #20
Reeldeal16
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Please let me know where I can get that. If something like that is available then please let me know or pm me.