RTT advice - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Camping out and RV Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2020, 08:47 PM   #1
FishTEX
Registered Users-pm+

FishTEX has been promoted to PirateFishTEX has been promoted to PirateFishTEX has been promoted to PirateFishTEX has been promoted to PirateFishTEX has been promoted to PirateFishTEX has been promoted to PirateFishTEX has been promoted to PirateFishTEX has been promoted to PirateFishTEX has been promoted to PirateFishTEX has been promoted to PirateFishTEX has been promoted to Pirate
Texasflag4 RTT advice

So during this time off I've got on the "build a truck and go anywhere" kick.

Long story short, I bought me an older Toyota Tacoma and have been building it up for a trip through Utah, Colorado and beyond. I've always been a ground camper but it seems to be that a Roof Top Tent (RTT) is the way to go. Honestly I kind of like the idea. Does anyone here have any advice on roof top tents? brands to stay away from? What needs would YOU look for in a tent that you need to practically live out of for a month or more? There will be hotel stops, not sure how long I can go with out showers yet.
FishTEX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2020, 09:47 PM   #2
Pintabo
Registered Users-pm+

Pintabo has been promoted to PiratePintabo has been promoted to PiratePintabo has been promoted to PiratePintabo has been promoted to PiratePintabo has been promoted to PiratePintabo has been promoted to PiratePintabo has been promoted to PiratePintabo has been promoted to PiratePintabo has been promoted to PiratePintabo has been promoted to PiratePintabo has been promoted to Pirate
Yellowskeeter has one mounted on a trailer he built for surf fishing. Send him a message.
Pintabo is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2020, 09:46 AM   #3
basicfish
Deploy the Yak

basicfish has been promoted to Piratebasicfish has been promoted to Piratebasicfish has been promoted to Piratebasicfish has been promoted to Piratebasicfish has been promoted to Piratebasicfish has been promoted to Piratebasicfish has been promoted to Piratebasicfish has been promoted to Piratebasicfish has been promoted to Piratebasicfish has been promoted to Piratebasicfish has been promoted to Pirate
I have used 3 different ones. An ARB Eezi-Awn and my current one a Tepui.
They were all great, the ARB is great for hot weather. The EeziAwn was the most heavy duty a little hot in the summer here, but great where it gets cool.
My tepui I have now is the smallest of the three. And my favorite. Because it’s just me in the tent. I picked up a all screen canvass for it, and it’s great for our warmer weather.
I like it because of the easy set up and breakdown.
ARB on the red Subaru, and the gear trailer it was on when I sold it.
basicfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2020, 09:51 AM   #4
basicfish
Deploy the Yak

basicfish has been promoted to Piratebasicfish has been promoted to Piratebasicfish has been promoted to Piratebasicfish has been promoted to Piratebasicfish has been promoted to Piratebasicfish has been promoted to Piratebasicfish has been promoted to Piratebasicfish has been promoted to Piratebasicfish has been promoted to Piratebasicfish has been promoted to Piratebasicfish has been promoted to Pirate
Pics of ARB RTT
Attached Images

basicfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message