2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Puerto Rico Tarpon????

5K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Fishwish 
#1 ·
Looking into booking a trip and would appreciate any feed back from those who have been. Many Thanks

#3 ·
I went a few times but it's been about 10 years. The fishing area is relatively small, but there were a lot of fish. I fished a total of around 10 half days over a couple trips and probably went around 20 for 40 total with the largest close to 100lbs. Also a few nice snook.

#6 ·
Thanks Scott for your suggestions. That is the first thing I did. I place a lot of value on 2 coolers first hand experiences. That is why I ask. A first hand experience and recommendation is far better than a general internet search IMO.
Best of luck and always value your comments

#8 ·
No. Was planning on the end of April-first of May but will do a couple weeks in Florida instead. Looks like a good fishery. Seems like mostly small fish. And looks like most fishing is done within view of town..Won’t ever know if you don’t go. One thing that did catch my attention in my research was Trinidad. If I could get a couple guys to commit to that it looks awesome but the $1,000 a day boat cost is tuff when you have a great fishery in your home port

#9 ·
DIY Or Guide on St Martin for tarpon in April

Any recommendations? My cruise will be at St Martin on April 4th from 9:00 Am - 4:00 PM. There was a shore based guide who did shore and wading but he's not answering to inquiries on his website. Looking for either DIY information. ie- lures, probable location eat or shoe based guides.
Thanks for any and all assistance.
Tight lines
Mike
(281) 468-4801

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.