2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Port O Connor

9K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  donh826 
#1 ·
Hey y'all trying to line up a trip to mess around out at POC jetties to try and hook into (and catch) some silver kings. My question is mainly in yalls experience, what's a good time of year to try and target them out there, what do yall typically look for, and any specific lures or baits yall choose and why?

TIA

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#2 ·
I only fished Port O once and we fished the passes but I’ll give you my thoughts for whatever they’re worth based on lots of time at the Port A jetties.

For lures to throw I would suggest large silver spoons, DOA Mullet, 5” Storm Wildeye swim lures in golden mullet during the day and sardine color at night. Fish them down in the water column.

For bait I would suggest live 5-6” mullet, live pogies, or even live jumbo shrimp free-lined in the current. If the tide is ripping you might want to add some weight above the leader to help hold them down in the current.

Speaking of current, I’ve never done any good on slack tide so make sure you have some water movement. I’ve found just before and just after slack tide to be good.

Good luck and let us know how you do.

#7 ·
The Washington D.C. based environmental working group identified 37 utilities serving

The Washington D.C. based environmental working group identified 37 utilities serving nearly 25,000 Texans in violation of federal standards for clean water. The San Antonio Bay partnership and Allan Berger, the Chairman Board of Directors for this organization arranged a day for volunteers to go out and clean up all the pollutants near Port O’ Connor’s Matagorda Bay. Sonalika tractor

#8 ·
Hey y'all trying to line up a trip to mess around out at POC jetties to try and hook into (and catch) some silver kings. My question is mainly in yalls experience, what's a good time of year to try and target them out there, what do yall typically look for, and any specific lures or baits yall choose and why?

TIA

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Tarpon Fishing in Port O'Connor, TX - FishingBooker

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.