2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

December Tarpon!

10K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  Snookered 
#1 · (Edited)
I thought this front might be the last window for us rock hoppers to see a big school of migrating tarpon. Sure enough, about the last hour of light they came in and started rolling. Jumped three; landed two. Within a 48 hour span I was landing tarpon in 78 degree weather and watching my daughter play with our 8 month old lab in 2 inches of snow in San Antonio.

The front hit about an hour and a half after this picture was taken.

Afternoon before the front.

Morning after the front.

See less See more
#15 ·
Everything that

you know that I don't about when, where, and how to find and hookup with the silver Kings. it been a few years since I catch/r/released one. I fish out of galveston but have gone to POC without any sightings and PIsb and hooked up to 4 and boated one. Its the only thing on my bucket list: to catch/release one from my boat or in the galveston area or both at the same time.

#16 ·
It?s no big secret. 78 plus degree water. Good tidal movement. Bait present. And you hope to see them roll every once in a while. It?s one of the few glimmers (pun intended) of hope that you?ll hook up after hours of casting. Especially when you?re slinging a 10wt.

Definitely addicting though. The first time i pulled one from the water it just blew my mind. Freaking megatron looking things just destroying **** around the peasant redfish and trout.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.