2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Duramax question

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Redrunner 
#1 ·
2016 Duramax Chevrolet, DEF tank is full. Info screen shows tank at 24%.The dealer can't seem to find out what the problem is. Anyone else have this problem?? It surely can't be as simple as a sensor, dealers had it a week..

#2 ·
I have a 15 and this has always been a worry of mine. Have been told the DEF fuild is very bad at crystalizing over the sensor. And if yours is like mine you have to fill under the hood making it a very big pain in the *** to remove/replace the sensor.

My fuel gauge also stops reading at about a quarter left. Dang sensors.

#5 ·
Don't have fancy new DEF and **** like you but (2007) **** straight it can be a sensor. Especially on fords, shut yah whole truck off. So much problems with the emissions bullcrap on these newer vehicles. 4 or 5 inch straight pipe and def removal egr removal via tune and will be so much better for you.

#6 ·
I had the same issue in my 15.... It was the sending unit in the def heater assembly that was stuck and stayed at 19% even though it was full. Short time later the actual Def heater went out, wasn't a big deal but the remote start wouldn't work. Once I pulled the DEF tank and replaced the whole heater assembly all started working again. It isn't a hard job to do if you decide to do it yourself after all i think i had to pay around $700 for the parts. I think you can get them cheaper now but at the time it was a dealer only item.... Took me about an hour to swap it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.