2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

"Bowed-Up Like A Show Dog"!

3K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Capt. Kris Kelley 
#1 ·
Fishing has been at a frantic pace here at The Lodge during the last couple of weeks. We have been airboat fishing the farthest reaches of Matagorda Island and other closer-in venues with great success. Despite the few passing cold fronts of late, the bays are bearing as much water as they can hold. I was excited with the last cold front, in anticipation of some lower water levels, only to the water had risen "into the parking lot" on the next days trip. Sight fishing by airboat is awesome when you have visibility. High water levels this Fall have made that a "seldom luxury". Conditions of late have left us "blind fishing" a lot of areas the fish are concentrating in.

We managed to get everyone on fish today before getting run off the water around 10:45am with our guests from Brenham. Capt. Jake Huddleston limited on Redfish, while Capt. James Cunningham and I had airboat duties. James had several nice Redfish and I ended up with half limits of Drum and only a single Redfish.

On our few days off, we have been making preperations for the upcoming Waterfowl Season. I feel like we are well prepared in anticipation of the arrival of the "Central Flyway" looking for a place to spend the Winter.

Lodge News

Wendi and I again chose San Antonio for our Fall Retreat last week and it's always a special time. We would like to thank everyone for the hospitality along the Riverwalk.

Capt. Kris Kelley
Castaway Lodge, Inc.
109 W. Austin
Seadrift, TX 77983
1-888-618-4868 Office
361-785-4487 Fax
361-648-3474 Cell

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.