2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

poundmetoo

6K views 31 replies 12 participants last post by  Ish 
#1 ·
why do "men" in america get so emotional about everything nowadays?

what happen to logic and reason and bluntness and a scrote full of testosterone and self-confidence and buddies giving each other a ration of it and letting stuff roll off your back?

has everyone let political correctness and feelings take over? am i the only one left?

#3 ·

what happen to logic and reason and bluntness and a scrote full of testosterone and self-confidence and buddies giving each other a ration of it and letting stuff roll off your back?

has everyone let political correctness and feelings take over? am i the only one left?
Not the only one left. One thing I would add is that it is not just men but people in general. Whatever happened to "Sticks & Stones ...."? Now it is "how can I twist this to mean something bad".

Cliff

#8 ·
I call it gender confusion. The lines between the sexes are getting removed by a small majority with a loud voice and we are sitting around and letting it happen. "It’s not normal for a young man to be normal". We are forced to accept these concepts or we will be chastised for not being tolerant. If you want it different, make it different. Speak out when the opportunity arises and call them out on their ignorant concepts. Raise your children with your beliefs and point out the short comings of an ignorant media and populace belief. If we don't do this we will be lost and forgotten going down a path that will lead to no good. Sorry I’ve got the time to get on my soap box this is a fly fishing forum so here is a pic.

Attachments

#11 ·
It's a digital enhancement that a friend of mine did on his cell phone. I didn't even know he took the picture till he sent it to me. This is a spot that trapped quite a few redfish when it flooded and since then I heard they died off when it heated up in the summer. It is behind Quintana beach. It would be a pretty good spot if there was a channel that fed water to it all the time from the intercostal but it would most likely allow sand flow into the waterway.

#13 ·

I routinely talk plenty blunt Ish and am always on standby to kick the Ish outta those desiring such, while rolling with my scrote full...

#14 ·
Rant in 3, 2, 1...

This conversation reminds me of this scene in Gran Torino

Anyways, it all probably started with breaking down and diminishing of the image of strong male leaders in TV shows, movies and commercials for the past 20 years. The image of fathers on TV is so often portrayed as some bumbling idiot with no backbone. You rarely, if ever, see a father portrayed as the strong leader of the family and I think it's taken a toll on how children have seen and respected (or lack thereof) their fathers as well as what their perception of what a father should be in the home. Couple that with the growing amount of kids that are being raised without a father or without strong male role models and there's a big problem, specifically in the areas of self worth, self esteem and how to deal with confrontation.

Social media also plays a huge role in it all. Basically you have an entire generation that's grown up with a digital fantasy platform that they look to for self worth and approval. It's also a place they can spout off stupid opinions and feel validated by like minded idiots that will agree with them. Conversely, if someone disagrees with them they can attack them and call them a bigot without any serious repercussion. Technology, despite all it's great advancements, is continually blurring the lines of reality and actual human interaction isn't promoted so why would people now a days understand things like civil discourse or calling your buddy a d!ckhead? In the end we're left with kids who don't know how to interact with each other, have low self esteem and in many cases either have a father who doesn't care to teach, has low self esteem himself and is unequipped to teach or isn't present to teach his kids how to deal with these things.

#27 ·
I’ll be the first to admit that I get caught up in the social media $hit at times and give things online too much credit.

However, spending 3 or 4 days down the beach and camping/fishing will “reset” me. It’s a nice reprieve. In general, being outside and a little sweat and suffering is a good thing. In my opinion anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.