Conroe stripers - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Fresh water forums > Freshwater Fishing General Discussion Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2019, 02:10 PM   #1
Mattsfishin
Registered Users-pm+

Mattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to Pirate
Conroe stripers

Has anyone caught any stripers on Conroe in the last year or so and I am not talking about hybrids. I spoke with a guide on Conroe this morning and he said there are a lot of stripers that naturally spawned on Conroe. I did not believe this and still don't Can someone correct me ? Usually when there are stripers in Conroe I will catch some during the spring spawn and I have not caught one in several years.

Thanks
Matt
Mattsfishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2019, 07:48 PM   #2
Ken.Huynh
Registered Users-pm+

Ken.Huynh has been promoted to PirateKen.Huynh has been promoted to PirateKen.Huynh has been promoted to PirateKen.Huynh has been promoted to PirateKen.Huynh has been promoted to PirateKen.Huynh has been promoted to PirateKen.Huynh has been promoted to PirateKen.Huynh has been promoted to PirateKen.Huynh has been promoted to PirateKen.Huynh has been promoted to PirateKen.Huynh has been promoted to Pirate
Not sure what the guide is talking about. I never see or heard anyone catching striper on Conroe. I am friend with some guide on Conroe and they never once caught a striper on Conroe either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ken.Huynh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2019, 08:21 PM   #3
Whitebassfisher
Retired opinionated old fart

Whitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to Pirate
Did the TP&WD ever stock true stripers there? I thought Conroe just had hybrids stocked.

Well, just looked it up. From what I saw, TP&WD did stock some stripers there in 1994.
Whitebassfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2019, 11:36 PM   #4
JETTY JUMPER
Old Pro

JETTY JUMPER has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerJETTY JUMPER has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerJETTY JUMPER has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerJETTY JUMPER has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerJETTY JUMPER has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerJETTY JUMPER has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerJETTY JUMPER has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerJETTY JUMPER has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerJETTY JUMPER has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerJETTY JUMPER has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerJETTY JUMPER has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Conroe Stripers

Here is a pic of a 31 and 30" Stripers from Conroe back in '97. They all died off that September when the lake turned over. There were literally thousands of Stripers floating dead that year. GW told us that when the lake turned over, They did't come up from the depths and died of Oxygen deprivation. That was the end of Striper stocking in Conroe. I was told the lake record was 18lbs at the time so I never weighed them. Found out years later the record was 28.5" and 12.11 lbs. Story of my life lol
Attached Images

Last edited by JETTY JUMPER; 03-13-2019 at 11:43 PM.
JETTY JUMPER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2019, 12:44 PM   #5
Jigger
Registered Users-pm+

Jigger has been promoted to PirateJigger has been promoted to PirateJigger has been promoted to PirateJigger has been promoted to PirateJigger has been promoted to PirateJigger has been promoted to PirateJigger has been promoted to PirateJigger has been promoted to PirateJigger has been promoted to PirateJigger has been promoted to PirateJigger has been promoted to Pirate
I was kayaking last Feb2018 about 100' south of Stubblefield Rd bridge and caught one. I am 100% sure it was one because I did the rearch on it. i am on the same page about none there. Stripes, tooth patch and all.
Not the best pic, but didnt think about it at the time.
Attached Images

Jigger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2019, 03:32 PM   #6
shadslinger

shadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirate
Conroe stripers

I’m betting there are none left that are pure striped bass. Hybrids can look just almost like a striper, or like a white bass that hit super sized.
The iced down one looks like a hybrid, the striper looking kind, to me.

Those in the pictures from 97 are real pigs! Those were probably 3.5 to 4.5 year old fish.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:52 PM   #7
Mattsfishin
Registered Users-pm+

Mattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to Pirate
I was just curious. Yes some of the hybrids will look similar to stripers. I also think the one in the picture could be a hybrid. Have caught a lot of hybrids near the are of Stubblefield where this fish was caught. This guide also told a person there that ALL crappie go back to where they came from to spawn. ALL !! That must be why I saw the fish truck headed BACK to the fish hatchery loaded. I do agree that most fish try to get back to where they were spawned.
Mattsfishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2019, 10:32 AM   #8
Ken.Huynh
Registered Users-pm+

Ken.Huynh has been promoted to PirateKen.Huynh has been promoted to PirateKen.Huynh has been promoted to PirateKen.Huynh has been promoted to PirateKen.Huynh has been promoted to PirateKen.Huynh has been promoted to PirateKen.Huynh has been promoted to PirateKen.Huynh has been promoted to PirateKen.Huynh has been promoted to PirateKen.Huynh has been promoted to PirateKen.Huynh has been promoted to Pirate
Ya. Like Loy said. The fish in cooler look like a hybrid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ken.Huynh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2019, 07:56 AM   #9
fishinganimal
Registered Users-pm+

fishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Pirate
Could be a lost Striper in the lake but doubt it. They are all Stripers by the limits so who cares. I do not think the Hybrids from Conroe or Livingston tastes as good as a Striper from Livingston. Whats your take on that?
fishinganimal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message