still want to smoke - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Tobacco Quitters Support Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2016, 10:04 PM   #1
texas skiffaroo
Registered Users-pm+

texas skiffaroo has been promoted to Piratetexas skiffaroo has been promoted to Piratetexas skiffaroo has been promoted to Piratetexas skiffaroo has been promoted to Piratetexas skiffaroo has been promoted to Piratetexas skiffaroo has been promoted to Piratetexas skiffaroo has been promoted to Piratetexas skiffaroo has been promoted to Piratetexas skiffaroo has been promoted to Piratetexas skiffaroo has been promoted to Piratetexas skiffaroo has been promoted to Pirate
still want to smoke

Can't believe it, every time I get in my truck or some one ask me a question that takes some thought I want a cigarette and I still can't believe I haven't smoked one for six months.
Have to say I want to smoke a cigarette and again, don't really know what is stopping me.
Oh wait, it might have been the open heart surgery, that might have something to do with curbing my urge.
texas skiffaroo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2016, 01:20 PM   #2
Nathan C
Registered Users-pm+

Nathan C has been promoted to PirateNathan C has been promoted to PirateNathan C has been promoted to PirateNathan C has been promoted to PirateNathan C has been promoted to PirateNathan C has been promoted to PirateNathan C has been promoted to PirateNathan C has been promoted to PirateNathan C has been promoted to PirateNathan C has been promoted to PirateNathan C has been promoted to Pirate
Quit almost 3 years ago and still reach for a pack when I get in my truck.... just stick with it
Nathan C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2016, 08:30 AM   #3
customflat
Registered Users-pm+

customflat has been promoted to Piratecustomflat has been promoted to Piratecustomflat has been promoted to Piratecustomflat has been promoted to Piratecustomflat has been promoted to Piratecustomflat has been promoted to Piratecustomflat has been promoted to Piratecustomflat has been promoted to Piratecustomflat has been promoted to Piratecustomflat has been promoted to Piratecustomflat has been promoted to Pirate
Nic Fits

It's been 24 years and I still get the old Nic Fit when I get stressed. The monkey is always there, he just doesn't have my by the kajones anymore!
customflat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2016, 09:51 PM   #4
texas skiffaroo
Registered Users-pm+

texas skiffaroo has been promoted to Piratetexas skiffaroo has been promoted to Piratetexas skiffaroo has been promoted to Piratetexas skiffaroo has been promoted to Piratetexas skiffaroo has been promoted to Piratetexas skiffaroo has been promoted to Piratetexas skiffaroo has been promoted to Piratetexas skiffaroo has been promoted to Piratetexas skiffaroo has been promoted to Piratetexas skiffaroo has been promoted to Piratetexas skiffaroo has been promoted to Pirate
Appreciate the support.
24 years, man , have been told the urge is gone if you can make one year with out smoking.
Now I know I've been lied to and that stresses me out. LOL
I keep celery sticks cleaned and ready to eat in the fridge to munch on.
When I'm not near them, I breathe through my nose and out my mouth, slowly, so I don't pass out and that makes the urge go away in a few minutes.
Hope this works for some one else.
customflat is right it feels good to be the boss of your body again and not a slave to a tobacco company.
Saving a lot of money too.
Old 05-03-2016, 02:46 PM   #5
POSIDEON
GET THE NET!!

POSIDEON has been promoted to PiratePOSIDEON has been promoted to PiratePOSIDEON has been promoted to PiratePOSIDEON has been promoted to PiratePOSIDEON has been promoted to PiratePOSIDEON has been promoted to PiratePOSIDEON has been promoted to PiratePOSIDEON has been promoted to PiratePOSIDEON has been promoted to PiratePOSIDEON has been promoted to PiratePOSIDEON has been promoted to Pirate
Im going on 4 months now, smoke free and usually after I eat or go in the shop is when I really want one but gum has been helping me alot.
POSIDEON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2016, 09:34 PM   #6
texas skiffaroo
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by POSIDEON View Post
Im going on 4 months now, smoke free and usually after I eat or go in the shop is when I really want one but gum has been helping me alot.
At the end of the day like now is when it seems easier and I feel so good that I didn't smoke it is like a reward that helps me sleep, even if I wake up or dream about smoking, I can look back at how good I felt, like now , that I didn't smoke and one more day has passed, and I did it .
Thank you God for everything. Amen
Old 05-06-2016, 09:48 PM   #7
texas skiffaroo
Registered Users-pm+

Woke up this morning in a dream, holding a cigarette in my hand and being worried about getting ashes on the sheets, actually could see my hand being held outside the bed so I wouldn't get ashes on the sheets.
This **** doesn't even leave you alone when you are asleep.
Even put it to my mouth and wondered why I did not feel anything going into my lungs.
Am I going crazy or do I need to catch a fish?
Old 05-14-2016, 12:50 PM   #8
kingchip
Registered Users-pm+

kingchip has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkingchip has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkingchip has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkingchip has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkingchip has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkingchip has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkingchip has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkingchip has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkingchip has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkingchip has been promoted to the rank of Riggerkingchip has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Been quit for about 13 months after an illustrious 40 year career of unfiltered Camel and Bugler cigs. I still get the urge from time to time. It amazes and amuses me more than anything that the habit is so persistent.

Carry on, men, but don't give in.
kingchip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2016, 10:31 AM   #9
fishinguy
Registered Users-pm+

fishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas skiffaroo View Post
Woke up this morning in a dream, holding a cigarette in my hand and being worried about getting ashes on the sheets, actually could see my hand being held outside the bed so I wouldn't get ashes on the sheets.
This **** doesn't even leave you alone when you are asleep.
Even put it to my mouth and wondered why I did not feel anything going into my lungs.
Am I going crazy or do I need to catch a fish?
Hope you are still holding strong.
I had the smoking dreams for about a year.
It's been 8 years for me since I quit but every now and then I still get that craving. Life without is so much better. Keep up the good work, one day at a time and eventually you'll quit counting the days.
fishinguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message