Trailer wheel help! - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > TTMB > TTMB
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-17-2020, 09:43 PM   #11
4 Ever-Fish N
Registered Users-pm+

4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate
The only other thing I can think of not mentioned above is to put the lug nuts back on, flush with the lug bolts and hit with hammer while trying to pull the wheel off. Having someone help with this would be beneficial.
4 Ever-Fish N is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2020, 09:47 PM   #12
hurricane matt
Registered Users-pm+

hurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 Ever-Fish N View Post
The only other thing I can think of not mentioned above is to put the lug nuts back on, flush with the lug bolts and hit with hammer while trying to pull the wheel off. Having someone help with this would be beneficial.
Heat cycles a few times dead blow , something with some weight soak overnight in penetration oil maybe ever hit it with some phospho take a crack in the morning it will just drop off and smash your toe, you watch. Then run over the prybar a week later with the lawnmower that you threw. Good luck.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
hurricane matt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2020, 11:44 AM   #13
Drundel
Registered Users-pm+

Drundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to Pirate
Some ideas.

https://youtu.be/i-sLcnOaLW8

https://youtu.be/Y5zsRhSq6U8
Drundel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2020, 01:39 PM   #14
Po Boy
Registered Users-pm+

Po Boy has been promoted to PiratePo Boy has been promoted to PiratePo Boy has been promoted to PiratePo Boy has been promoted to PiratePo Boy has been promoted to PiratePo Boy has been promoted to PiratePo Boy has been promoted to PiratePo Boy has been promoted to PiratePo Boy has been promoted to PiratePo Boy has been promoted to PiratePo Boy has been promoted to Pirate
I had a truck that did that once. I beat on it, pried on it with a 2x4, and cussed it real good for about an hour. I finally gave up and took it to a tire shop. I watched the guy take off the Lug Nuts and try to pull the wheel and tire off with no luck. He backed off, set down on the floor and kicked the **** out of it on the lower side of the tire and it popped right off.
Po Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2020, 03:10 PM   #15
Chase4556
US Army Aviation NSDQ!

Chase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to Pirate
We have been getting after it today. Taking all of your suggestions and also took it to a tire shop that was suggested to us by a trailer sales/repair store.

Still have not had any luck. Our current strategy is using a 3 ton jack and a 4x4 to push outward on both tires while hitting it with a dead blow hammer. Still no luck.
Chase4556 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2020, 03:34 PM   #16
bwguardian
archTech

bwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase4556 View Post
We have been getting after it today. Taking all of your suggestions and also took it to a tire shop that was suggested to us by a trailer sales/repair store.

Still have not had any luck. Our current strategy is using a 3 ton jack and a 4x4 to push outward on both tires while hitting it with a dead blow hammer. Still no luck.
You may wind up bending something and/or damaging the bearings going that route. Can you not take the wheel hub spindle and/or rotor off with the wheel/tire still attached, and work at it from there?
bwguardian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2020, 05:52 PM   #17
hurricane matt
Registered Users-pm+

hurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Pirate
How much are new axles lol. **** it sounds like you got a bastard over there. Not a deer or a pig within 3 miles of you now... You know it's time to try something else when worms start surfacing.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
hurricane matt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2020, 05:59 PM   #18
redexpress
Registered Users-pm+

redexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrem View Post
Bought a couple vehicles from up north and the salt on the roads etc had the wheels seized on. Discovered that on the side of the road trying to change tire.

Walked to auto parts store and all I could find was a dead blow hammer. I swung that hammer and beat that tire first one side then the other till it finally broke free just before my arms gave out... When I got home I ran them all off and put antisieze on the touch surfaces.

Word of advice.... DO NOT use the nickel or copper antiseize in boat trailers. Use the aluminum or non metal based antisieze.
What's the issue with nickel or copper never seize on the hub?
redexpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2020, 06:45 PM   #19
trout250
Registered Users-pm+

trout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Pirate
pop em lose

sounds like you have done prettymuch everything, but when my dad and i had body shop we would have 1 to do this if you have a chain large enough to put 2 links on the lug bolts and tighten it up back off an give the chain a sharp pop this has worked for us
trout250 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2020, 07:48 PM   #20
Chase4556
US Army Aviation NSDQ!

Chase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to Pirate
Well we got them off.

We took the scissor jack out of my truck, placed it between the rim and the trailer frame, and went to town. We may have had a few drinks at that point, but it seemed like a solid plan. It took a good bit of pressure, and we were worried about breaking something but in the end they popped loose. I was keeping a close eye on the frame to make sure it wasn’t flexing or buckling. We used some small pieces of wood to protect the frame and the aluminum rim.

At this point I’m out of days off to replace the brake pads, so tomorrow the boat goes to its storage location, but this weekend I will probably get it to finish changing the pads as well as do some more cleanup of the mating surfaces and anti seize application. I put some on there for now to make sure everything stays loose until that time.

I did end up loosing a lug nut and it’s corresponding stud. I guess it was cross threaded when it was originally installed and it stripped out. I will get that knocked out and replaced hopefully, but worse case I will order a new rotor. Sure beats having to order two rims and entire hub assemblies had we not got it all apart.
Chase4556 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message