Hooking up NG to grill / NEED HELP! - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > BBQ & Grilling Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2010, 09:05 PM   #1
shimanoman08
Second, is still the first place loser!

shimanoman08 has been promoted to Pirateshimanoman08 has been promoted to Pirateshimanoman08 has been promoted to Pirateshimanoman08 has been promoted to Pirateshimanoman08 has been promoted to Pirateshimanoman08 has been promoted to Pirateshimanoman08 has been promoted to Pirateshimanoman08 has been promoted to Pirateshimanoman08 has been promoted to Pirateshimanoman08 has been promoted to Pirateshimanoman08 has been promoted to Pirate
Hooking up NG to grill / NEED HELP!

Just bought my 1st gas grill EVER today. I have refused to buy a gas grill for the past 10 years, cause I just enjoy charcoal cooking, smoking, etc...I bought the NG conversion kit for the gas grill. ARe there any 2coolers out their that won't mind showing me what I need ( gas fittings, NPT fittings, etc...) to run a line from the meter to the grill. I live in League City ( South Shore ). Thanks a bunch.
shimanoman08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2010, 05:23 PM   #2
qapd
Registered Users-pm+

qapd is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)qapd is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)qapd is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)qapd is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)qapd is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)qapd is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)qapd is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)qapd is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)qapd is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)qapd is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)qapd is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Shimanoman08,

Look at the gas meter, you should have a 1/4" or 3/8" pipe plug on the house side of the meter. Turn your gas meter off and remove the pipe plug. You will need a short nipple, gas valve, compression fitting that fits the gas valve to 3/8" compression fitting. Use teflon tape on all threads. Purchase enough 3/8" copper tubing to reach your grill installation. Look at the gas connection on the grill. You will need another compression fitting that will fit the grill to 3/8" compression fitting. The grill is usually 3/8" pipe threads. Make sure all your connections are tight, turn on the gas, test all connections with soapy water a solution. You should be good to go after that.
qapd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2010, 12:40 PM   #3
shimanoman08

shimanoman08 has been promoted to Pirateshimanoman08 has been promoted to Pirateshimanoman08 has been promoted to Pirateshimanoman08 has been promoted to Pirateshimanoman08 has been promoted to Pirateshimanoman08 has been promoted to Pirateshimanoman08 has been promoted to Pirateshimanoman08 has been promoted to Pirateshimanoman08 has been promoted to Pirateshimanoman08 has been promoted to Pirateshimanoman08 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by qapd View Post
Shimanoman08,

Look at the gas meter, you should have a 1/4" or 3/8" pipe plug on the house side of the meter. Turn your gas meter off and remove the pipe plug. You will need a short nipple, gas valve, compression fitting that fits the gas valve to 3/8" compression fitting. Use teflon tape on all threads. Purchase enough 3/8" copper tubing to reach your grill installation. Look at the gas connection on the grill. You will need another compression fitting that will fit the grill to 3/8" compression fitting. The grill is usually 3/8" pipe threads. Make sure all your connections are tight, turn on the gas, test all connections with soapy water a solution. You should be good to go after that.
Yes there is a 1/4'' plug on the house side of the meter. I guess my question is: once I tie into this tapped area of the meter what size pipe do I run to the grill. I have a bunch of 1/2'' sch.40 black screw piping out here at work that I can use. I have about 60' that I need to run from the meter to the grill. Will the 1/2'' pipe be too much pipe over a 60' run to carry the needed back pressure to burn correctly in the grill. Or should I use 1/4'' piping from the meter to the grill. If I use 1/4'' piping there will be no need to swedge up from 1/4'' x 1/2''. Either way you look at it I have swedge up at the meter 1/4'' to 1/2'' and the swedge back down to 3/8'' once I get to the grill cause the grill is 3/8''. Thanks once again 2coolers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2010, 01:31 PM   #4
boat_money
Registered Users-pm+

boat_money has been promoted to Pirateboat_money has been promoted to Pirateboat_money has been promoted to Pirateboat_money has been promoted to Pirateboat_money has been promoted to Pirateboat_money has been promoted to Pirateboat_money has been promoted to Pirateboat_money has been promoted to Pirateboat_money has been promoted to Pirateboat_money has been promoted to Pirateboat_money has been promoted to Pirate
centerpoint will do it for you. heck they'll even supply the grill and then bill you for it.
boat_money is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2010, 02:16 PM   #5
shimanoman08

Ya I bet Centerpoint will do it for me. I have heard of some nasty stories of this piping job costing anywhere from $500-$2000 to install. I guess I'll just trial an error the job. I have plenty of 1/2'' & 1/4'' pipe to go either route if one does'nt work. Thanks guys.......
Old 11-24-2010, 11:34 AM   #6
jingvardsen
Registered Users-pm+

jingvardsen has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)jingvardsen has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)jingvardsen has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)jingvardsen has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)jingvardsen has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)jingvardsen has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)jingvardsen has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)jingvardsen has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)jingvardsen has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)jingvardsen has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)jingvardsen has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimanoman08 View Post
Just bought my 1st gas grill EVER today. I have refused to buy a gas grill for the past 10 years, cause I just enjoy charcoal cooking, smoking, etc...I bought the NG conversion kit for the gas grill. ARe there any 2coolers out their that won't mind showing me what I need ( gas fittings, NPT fittings, etc...) to run a line from the meter to the grill. I live in League City ( South Shore ). Thanks a bunch.
Where did you get the NG conversion Kit?

thanks
jingvardsen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2010, 08:49 AM   #7
shimanoman08

Bought the conversion kit @ HOME DEPOT for like $79.99