Time to get out of the market - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Investments and finance
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2019, 05:33 PM   #1
Its Catchy
Registered Users-pm+

Its Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to Pirate
Time to get out of the market

Over the years I have made a few good calls and a few bad ones.

Several weeks ago I totally revamped my portfolio and went into conservative mode. First and foremost I would like to say it's been one heck of a good run. Almost a decade of good growth.

All Bull Runs come to an end and I am taking profits.

I don't like the storm clouds on the horizon.

Trade wars are not good and markets don't like them. I'm worried about the President openly criticizing the Fed Chairman. And now the dreaded inverted yield curve.

In addition we are headed into the time of year where crashes tend to happen.

You heard it here first. Take some profits and move to protect mode...
Its Catchy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2019, 06:56 PM   #2
Muddskipper
fish control my brain

Muddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to Pirate
If you can’t handle volatility your taking to much risk...

Not sure there is a time of year where crashes happen?

And I would be surprised if 1% here can explain why an inverted yield curve is bad....
(Explained in the 2nd paragraph- https://www.barrons.com/articles/yie...ry-51565840376 )

This has been a buying opportunity for me..... I like companies who have fallen more than their peers who’s dividend is over 6% now ....

All my cash has been allocated.... and I’m hoping my alternatives do their job
Muddskipper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2019, 08:53 PM   #3
Its Catchy
Registered Users-pm+

Its Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddskipper View Post
If you can’t handle volatility your taking to much risk...

Not sure there is a time of year where crashes happen?

And I would be surprised if 1% here can explain why an inverted yield curve is bad....
(Explained in the 2nd paragraph- https://www.barrons.com/articles/yie...ry-51565840376 )

This has been a buying opportunity for me..... I like companies who have fallen more than their peers who’s dividend is over 6% now ....

All my cash has been allocated.... and I’m hoping my alternatives do their job
I can handle volatility. There is a big difference between volatility and a Bear Market.

As for the markets and its history of crashes. It's called the October Effect. It may be a little bit overblown psychologically but much of the market is "psychological". Some of the biggest crashes in market history have happened in October.

https://www.investopedia.com/article...ber-effect.asp

With that being said every dip in the last decade has been a buying opportunity so recent history is on your side. This is just one mans opinion. Go with your gut...

Last edited by Its Catchy; 08-15-2019 at 08:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2019, 12:39 AM   #4
Ready.Fire.Aim
Registered Users-pm+

Location: Past the second cattle guard, at the end of the gravel road
Ready.Fire.Aim has been promoted to PirateReady.Fire.Aim has been promoted to PirateReady.Fire.Aim has been promoted to PirateReady.Fire.Aim has been promoted to PirateReady.Fire.Aim has been promoted to PirateReady.Fire.Aim has been promoted to PirateReady.Fire.Aim has been promoted to PirateReady.Fire.Aim has been promoted to PirateReady.Fire.Aim has been promoted to PirateReady.Fire.Aim has been promoted to PirateReady.Fire.Aim has been promoted to Pirate
Inverted yield curve by itself isn’t bad. If you look at the numbers, the yield curve change over the past week is extremely minor.

When yield curve reverts from inverted to positive as Fed drop short term treasury rates to stimulate economic growth signals an economy in recession conditions.

I already portioned in safer investments.
US Market is oversold, corporate earnings are flat, Germany already had one negative quarter, China economy is flat.
China has the cards they need to screw with the US economy during Trumps re-election year until he will back down in the trade war.
Stocks are gonna significantly readjust lower, I’m not gonna try to time when.
Ready.Fire.Aim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2019, 08:50 AM   #5
Meadowlark
Registered Users-PM plus

Meadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Its Catchy View Post
You heard it here first. Take some profits and move to protect mode...

No, you are not the first...and certainly won't be the last to mistakenly proclaim Trump's impending doom. Betting against him in the trade war just might be a loosing position. We will see!
Meadowlark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2019, 05:27 PM   #6
bigdav160
Registered Users-pm+

bigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Pirate
Does anyone win a trade war? And the focus on a trade deficit seems misguided
bigdav160 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2019, 10:14 PM   #7
whsalum
Registered Users-pm+

whsalum has been promoted to Piratewhsalum has been promoted to Piratewhsalum has been promoted to Piratewhsalum has been promoted to Piratewhsalum has been promoted to Piratewhsalum has been promoted to Piratewhsalum has been promoted to Piratewhsalum has been promoted to Piratewhsalum has been promoted to Piratewhsalum has been promoted to Piratewhsalum has been promoted to Pirate
One mans trash is another ones treasure. It all depends on the amount of time you have to stay exposed to the market. Diversify,Diversify,Diversify .
whsalum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2019, 09:11 AM   #8
Muddskipper
fish control my brain

Muddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to Pirate
I sure love buying things on sale ....
Muddskipper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2019, 10:05 AM   #9
waterspout
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!

waterspout has been promoted to Piratewaterspout has been promoted to Piratewaterspout has been promoted to Piratewaterspout has been promoted to Piratewaterspout has been promoted to Piratewaterspout has been promoted to Piratewaterspout has been promoted to Piratewaterspout has been promoted to Piratewaterspout has been promoted to Piratewaterspout has been promoted to Piratewaterspout has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddskipper View Post
I sure love buying things on sale ....
waterspout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2019, 03:35 PM   #10
Its Catchy
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadowlark View Post
No, you are not the first...and certainly won't be the last to mistakenly proclaim Trump's impending doom. Betting against him in the trade war just might be a loosing position. We will see!

Where do you get that I am proclaiming Trump's impending doom? The Market has been on fire for over a decade. Every run comes to an end. Has nothing to do with Trump and everything to do with economic cycles...