2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Catfishing

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  LouietheDrifter 
#1 ·
Looking for a few cat fishing buddies to add to my call list to go fishing. We fish primarily lakes and for big catfish. Might try a river, but not set up for river fishing. I have boat, trot-lines, jug-lines, and most of the time a good supply of big green sunfish. My fishing partner list has dwindled over time due to lots of reasons, but to list a few: engaged to be married, kids in sports all the time, likes the coast more than the lakes, working too much.......you name it. I don't think they got mad at me. We fish mainly weekends when my boys are out out of school. Generally are fairly successful. Not looking for someone to pay the whole way, just folks that understand the work and expense of trips like this and willing to pay a fair share. Family and kids welcome and encouraged. We usually fish Limestone. Have fished Choke, Coleto, and Texana. I think we are going to try a couple new lakes this year. Top of list to try are Tawakoni, Sam Rayburn, Toledo Bend, and Livingston. Experience not necessary, but a plus. Cooking ability is a definite plus as I stink at cooking. Being able to bring a boat is a plus but not necessary. Being able to help supply large green sunfish is a definite plus. Knowledge of one of the above lakes on our hit list is a definite bonus. If all you want to do is drink, you really won't fit our group very well. We are family oriented. We will fish for white bass, largemouth bass, crappie, or anything else during the day. Sometimes we have to catch perch during the day to bait lines but not very often. During the summer, we will ski and ride tubes during midday also. Look forward to hearing from you and meeting some new fishing buddies. Text or Call Gene at 361-772-6820.

See less See more
#5 ·
Fish it like you would your other lakes. Lake Livingston has double the state wide bag limit for a reason. Good luck. We have always done well with anchored jugs fishing near the river channel up on the flats.

While perch will absolutely work, I would also look for some 3-4 inch fresh shad to use as well. Livingston's major forage is shad. Either cut in half or use whole. :cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.