your choice in arrows? - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Hunting and Shooting Forums > Bow Hunting Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2018, 01:27 AM   #11
hjm

hjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Piratehjm has been promoted to Pirate
I shoot gold tip
hjm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2018, 12:20 AM   #12
troutsupport
Site Sponsor

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
FMJs
Old 10-10-2018, 07:21 AM   #13
goldwingtiny
Sea' N Red

goldwingtiny has been promoted to Pirategoldwingtiny has been promoted to Pirategoldwingtiny has been promoted to Pirategoldwingtiny has been promoted to Pirategoldwingtiny has been promoted to Pirategoldwingtiny has been promoted to Pirategoldwingtiny has been promoted to Pirategoldwingtiny has been promoted to Pirategoldwingtiny has been promoted to Pirategoldwingtiny has been promoted to Pirategoldwingtiny has been promoted to Pirate
Carbon Express Maxima Red's
goldwingtiny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2018, 09:29 PM   #14
Main Frame 8
Don't ask if you don't want the truth.

Main Frame 8 has been promoted to PirateMain Frame 8 has been promoted to PirateMain Frame 8 has been promoted to PirateMain Frame 8 has been promoted to PirateMain Frame 8 has been promoted to PirateMain Frame 8 has been promoted to PirateMain Frame 8 has been promoted to PirateMain Frame 8 has been promoted to PirateMain Frame 8 has been promoted to PirateMain Frame 8 has been promoted to PirateMain Frame 8 has been promoted to Pirate
Been using Easton XX75 2213's for as long as I can recall. If they don't hit their mark, it's not their fault. Only mod I ever made was using Quick Spin vanes (shrink wrap variety). I'm open to trying something new but I tend to only use bow during bow season so haven't really been motivated to change what's not failed me. Then again, I shoot a package bow from Bass Pro (Redhead Chronic). Added a D-loop and Rip cord drop away rest (don't care for whisker biscuit). Switched to a thumb release this year that I really like for the hands free functionality (Tru Ball Max Hunter Pro 4).

If you can get a $5 arrow with sharp broad heads that group well, you've got a winner.
Main Frame 8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2018, 05:40 AM   #15
mkk
Registered Users-pm+

mkk has been promoted to Piratemkk has been promoted to Piratemkk has been promoted to Piratemkk has been promoted to Piratemkk has been promoted to Piratemkk has been promoted to Piratemkk has been promoted to Piratemkk has been promoted to Piratemkk has been promoted to Piratemkk has been promoted to Piratemkk has been promoted to Pirate
Gold tip
mkk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2018, 07:36 AM   #16
Capt_Gilligan
Registered Users-pm+

Capt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jleinneweber View Post
I have been shooting Easton Flatline 400s for years and really liked them. I changed over to FMJs as the Flatlines (at least in the 400s) became almost impossibly to find locally. I am amazed at the increase in kinetic energy with the FMJs. I have now changed from the speed is what matters most to it being all about that thump on the downrange side.

That being said find what you and your bow like and go with that. As long as they are straight and have a decent F.O.C. you will be good to go.
I too used to be a speed freak and decided to slow it down last year. I can’t say as though I didn’t have enough penetration because I only had 1 arrow that didn’t pass through but.... I switched from Easton Hexx 340? to 6mm FMJs that were the orange XX75 orange edition for a quieter shot and absolute destruction down range. Went from a 403gr arrow at 329-330fps to a 568gr arrow at 280-281fps and am much happier with it. Heavier arrows tend to do much better on longer shots as well.
Basically, spend the money and be happy vs going in circles. I’ll do 5mm FMJs next go round because of availability.
Capt_Gilligan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2018, 11:22 AM   #17
Blue Fin Charters

Blue Fin Charters has been promoted to PirateBlue Fin Charters has been promoted to PirateBlue Fin Charters has been promoted to PirateBlue Fin Charters has been promoted to PirateBlue Fin Charters has been promoted to PirateBlue Fin Charters has been promoted to PirateBlue Fin Charters has been promoted to PirateBlue Fin Charters has been promoted to PirateBlue Fin Charters has been promoted to PirateBlue Fin Charters has been promoted to PirateBlue Fin Charters has been promoted to Pirate
Not a knock on bass pro or Cabbelas but I prefer to go to bow shop in Santa Fe. They are a small shop and are very knowledgeable. They will steer you in right direction that will not break the bank.
Old 11-28-2018, 01:47 PM   #18
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Gilligan View Post
I too used to be a speed freak and decided to slow it down last year. I can’t say as though I didn’t have enough penetration because I only had 1 arrow that didn’t pass through but.... I switched from Easton Hexx 340? to 6mm FMJs that were the orange XX75 orange edition for a quieter shot and absolute destruction down range. Went from a 403gr arrow at 329-330fps to a 568gr arrow at 280-281fps and am much happier with it. Heavier arrows tend to do much better on longer shots as well.
Basically, spend the money and be happy vs going in circles. I’ll do 5mm FMJs next go round because of availability.
This.
sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2018, 09:27 AM   #19
bogan
Registered Users-pm+

bogan has been promoted to Piratebogan has been promoted to Piratebogan has been promoted to Piratebogan has been promoted to Piratebogan has been promoted to Piratebogan has been promoted to Piratebogan has been promoted to Piratebogan has been promoted to Piratebogan has been promoted to Piratebogan has been promoted to Piratebogan has been promoted to Pirate
I shoot the Beman ICS hunter in 340 spine.
bogan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2018, 01:42 PM   #20
gmullens
Registered Users-pm+

gmullens is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Easton axis ST
gmullens is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message