2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Boat launch info for Nueces at George West?

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Postman 
#1 ·
Can anyone help me out? I'm looking for info on 59 ramp and airport Rd. ramp on Nueces at George West. Lake Mathis is 20% lower than last year this time, wondering if enough water to launch boat at either ramp. Hour and a half away, would rather not drag it down there if not enough water to launch. Thanks.

#5 ·
hey Postman! what up?

we went January 6th and got skunked....put in at airport, and because of the report of the tree across the river, we went south....I mean like 4 miles below the 59 bridge, LOL...yeah, we ran all over...

the river is high enough to run our johnboat with no issues, but like I said, we haven't been north yet...haven't heard of any other reports....it's been a mild winter, I just don't think they're moving yet...

that, and I just had hernia surgery, so I"m relegated to the couch for a bit....if it's not one thing, it's another!

good luck out there...
snookered

#6 ·
Well Snookered, I'm itching to go
Really concerned about having enough water to launch the boat at airport ramp. Sorry to here of your medical problem. I had a stroke Oct. 9, thanks to God I'm recovering pretty well, have learned how to walk pretty well without falling. Maybe see you on the river, if I get any reliable up river info I'll pass it on. Going to try and find a sucker to go with me maybe this week, weather permitting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.