Do you trust your pellet smoker - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > BBQ & Grilling Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2019, 07:10 PM   #11
BrandonH
Registered Users-pm+

BrandonH has been promoted to PirateBrandonH has been promoted to PirateBrandonH has been promoted to PirateBrandonH has been promoted to PirateBrandonH has been promoted to PirateBrandonH has been promoted to PirateBrandonH has been promoted to PirateBrandonH has been promoted to PirateBrandonH has been promoted to PirateBrandonH has been promoted to PirateBrandonH has been promoted to Pirate
Do it all the time, but I also use a wireless thermometer that will alarm at whatever parameters I set. So if I set the low temp at 200 it will let me know if it drops below that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
BrandonH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2020, 03:39 PM   #12
dlpollard1
Registered Users-pm+

dlpollard1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerdlpollard1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerdlpollard1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerdlpollard1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerdlpollard1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerdlpollard1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerdlpollard1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerdlpollard1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerdlpollard1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerdlpollard1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerdlpollard1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
I do with my CampChef. Never had an issue and easy to clean
dlpollard1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2020, 02:51 PM   #13
Johnny2020
Registered Users-pm+

Johnny2020 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I haven't had any issues in my REC TEC 700, have had it for about a year and half. I have smoked 3 (14-16 lb.) briskets at once with no issues over night.
Johnny2020 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2020, 11:24 PM   #14
Chase4556
US Army Aviation NSDQ!

Chase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to Pirate
I have a Pit Boss Copperhead 5 vertical smoker and just did an overnight pork butt cook on Saturday. Tossed it on around midnight, set my Thermoworks smoke to alert me if the temps got out of the range I set and went to bed. I woke up around 3 to use the bathroom and stirred the pellets and topped off the water pan. Woke up at 7 when the wife got up, again stirred the pellets and topped water pan off. Checked things out around 11, pulled it at 1.

Temp was set at 250*, The smoke showed a max temp of 268* at some point, and the low alarm was set at 215* and never went off. I’ve learned to trust it. I fire it up about an hour and a half before I put anything on it to let everything get happy happy at 350*, then turn it down to 250* about 30 minutes before putting the meat on. As long as everything is doing what it’s supposed to at that point it is good to go. I do worry about the pellets creating a void as they are drawn in. So I stir it occasionally and keep it close to topped off(50lb hopper capacity) so the weight causes the voids to collapse.
Chase4556 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2020, 02:16 PM   #15
Trouthunter
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate

Trouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to Pirate
I trust my Rec Tec...I'll put a brisket on when I go to bed with the temperature probes set to let me know when the temperature hits 203. The app is great for alarms and setting temperature.

Put a brisket on before I went to work one morning and it was ready at 7 that evening cooking at 225.

TH
Old 04-21-2020, 07:20 PM   #16
Super Dave 1
Registered Users-pm+

Super Dave 1 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
My Pit Boss has never let me down on any of my briskets, my stickburner has not been fired up in 2+ years.
Super Dave 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2020, 03:17 PM   #17
dennis_99
Registered Users-pm+

dennis_99 has been promoted to Piratedennis_99 has been promoted to Piratedennis_99 has been promoted to Piratedennis_99 has been promoted to Piratedennis_99 has been promoted to Piratedennis_99 has been promoted to Piratedennis_99 has been promoted to Piratedennis_99 has been promoted to Piratedennis_99 has been promoted to Piratedennis_99 has been promoted to Piratedennis_99 has been promoted to Pirate
I had built up the courage to, then while smoking a brisket one Sunday a fire broke out; freaked me out. I had cooked leg quarters a few days before and best I can figure is the long heat mixed with the extra grease I did not clean lead to it. Since then, I clean out the pit after every 4-5 uses, vacuum up the dust that accumulates and used Clorox wipes (when they were plentiful, lol) no use a spray and microfiber, lol.

I haven't had any issues now that I take those measures.
dennis_99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message