Poll: TKA Boundaries?? - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Bluewater Board (Recreational Fishing)

Old 02-13-2006, 07:04 PM   #11
millenniummarine
Site Sponsor-2006

millenniummarine is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)millenniummarine is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)millenniummarine is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)millenniummarine is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)millenniummarine is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)millenniummarine is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)millenniummarine is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)millenniummarine is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)millenniummarine is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)millenniummarine is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)millenniummarine is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
no boundries

we would prefer no boundries

If the smaller boats which will take more time to reach the spots
farther out ( 60- 100 miles ) are willing to give up fishing time
and make the run farther it should be there chioce .
and letting the big boats have no boundries ( not )
I would like a chance to win everytime we enter a tourney
not just the 23 and under
chances for 23's inside 50 miles are alot lower with the big boats
having no limits

just my opinion
would love to see more boats just like everyone else
millenniummarine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2006, 07:30 PM   #12
Ono Loco
"FIRED UP" Contender

Ono Loco has been promote to GunnerOno Loco has been promote to GunnerOno Loco has been promote to GunnerOno Loco has been promote to GunnerOno Loco has been promote to GunnerOno Loco has been promote to GunnerOno Loco has been promote to GunnerOno Loco has been promote to GunnerOno Loco has been promote to GunnerOno Loco has been promote to GunnerOno Loco has been promote to Gunner
Jason, I agree the boundries wouldn't be fair if the class of 23' were competing for the same prize boat with the unlimiteds..the only way it would be fair is if the class of 23' had there own grand prize and the two classes were totally seperate. Like I stated before,have the class of 23 compete for a big outboard or something..Surely Yammy or Merc would annie up with a outboard. I think the odds would improve for the 23' guys.. Devils advocate here - why would I want to pay my money knowing that i'm going to be able to run 50 miles while you're (and the other big 23's) probably going to run a 100 and catch bigger fish.. Don't get me wrong..that's the advantage you big 23 guys are legitamately capitializing on with the stated length rule and rightly so - but it just doesn't make sense for me to sign up.. I guess i'll just have to wait until I get a bigger boat..( hope my wife doesn't read this - promissed this one would be it for a long time) and once again I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers here (especially you Jason - I need you to make me a nice top soon) - just an outside opinion from someone thinking about trying it out but not convinced its worth the dough.. tight lines
Ono Loco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2006, 08:21 PM   #13
millenniummarine
Site Sponsor-2006

millenniummarine is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)millenniummarine is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)millenniummarine is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)millenniummarine is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)millenniummarine is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)millenniummarine is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)millenniummarine is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)millenniummarine is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)millenniummarine is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)millenniummarine is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)millenniummarine is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
step up

what will probably happen will be some of the 23's will opt to fish the open
class so they dont have to deal with the boundries.
another suggestion I have heard before is a single engine class
millenniummarine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2006, 09:19 PM   #14
Ono Loco
"FIRED UP" Contender

Ono Loco has been promote to GunnerOno Loco has been promote to GunnerOno Loco has been promote to GunnerOno Loco has been promote to GunnerOno Loco has been promote to GunnerOno Loco has been promote to GunnerOno Loco has been promote to GunnerOno Loco has been promote to GunnerOno Loco has been promote to GunnerOno Loco has been promote to GunnerOno Loco has been promote to Gunner
your probably right.. single engine is another idea.. Jason do you mind signing up as the official tow boat for poor bastards like me with a single engine..LOL

BTW: if you guys haven't seen the new Millennium Marine cat, it's one mean looking machine..
Ono Loco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2006, 09:48 PM   #15
DRSHARK
Registered Users-pm+

DRSHARK has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerDRSHARK has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerDRSHARK has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerDRSHARK has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerDRSHARK has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerDRSHARK has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerDRSHARK has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerDRSHARK has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerDRSHARK has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerDRSHARK has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerDRSHARK has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneer
New Idea

I don't King fish, but if I did, I think I would reccommend having a meeting and JUST SETTLE IT. DrShark
DRSHARK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2006, 10:02 PM   #16
CHARLIE
Registered Users-pm+

CHARLIE has disabled reputation
Think everyone should put the size of their boat and whether have any sponsors or not when stating an opinion. Me 25 ft. boat, single engine, no sponsors. Yes need a limit.

Charlie
CHARLIE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2006, 11:31 PM   #17
FRAYEDKNOT
Registered Users-pm+

FRAYEDKNOT has been promoted to PirateFRAYEDKNOT has been promoted to PirateFRAYEDKNOT has been promoted to PirateFRAYEDKNOT has been promoted to PirateFRAYEDKNOT has been promoted to PirateFRAYEDKNOT has been promoted to PirateFRAYEDKNOT has been promoted to PirateFRAYEDKNOT has been promoted to PirateFRAYEDKNOT has been promoted to PirateFRAYEDKNOT has been promoted to PirateFRAYEDKNOT has been promoted to Pirate
22ft. Cape Craft
Single 150 Yamaha
Range-120 sm
Sponsor- me
I have been fishing SKA for 3 years. When I signed up for my first tournament I knew what the rules were. Guess what. They haven't changed! I bought what I could afford and figured out the best way to compete with what I have. I knew going in what my limitations were, and they haven't changed either. My best results have been through persistance on tough days when alot of people didn't find fish on those long runs. I will upgrade equipment if and when possible, but for now I'm just going to fish my ***** off, get the $#!& beat out of me, and have one hell of a good time. Quit whining and fish if you want. I would like to see more boats as much as anyone else, but not at the expense of the constant whining. Just to clarify, boundaries would be to my advantage probably more than anyone.
FRAYEDKNOT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2006, 12:11 AM   #18
Lured Away
Registered Users-pm+

Lured Away has been promoted to the rank of Chief MateLured Away has been promoted to the rank of Chief MateLured Away has been promoted to the rank of Chief MateLured Away has been promoted to the rank of Chief MateLured Away has been promoted to the rank of Chief MateLured Away has been promoted to the rank of Chief MateLured Away has been promoted to the rank of Chief MateLured Away has been promoted to the rank of Chief MateLured Away has been promoted to the rank of Chief MateLured Away has been promoted to the rank of Chief MateLured Away has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mate
Cool, One Loco

If you would please, Give Mercury a call and have them give us a Big out board for a prize!!! That would be great, and many thanks. I can't belive some of this.

I have the answer:

Open Class 2 or more motors 50 miles or less.
Open Class 2 or more motors must fish atleast 50 miles or more.
Open Single motor or less 50 miles or less.
Open Single motor or less must fish atleast 50 miles or more.
23 and under 2 or more motors 50 miles or less.
23 and under 2 motors or more must fish atleast 50 miles or more.
23 and under single motor 50 miles or less.
23 and under single motor must fish atleast 50 miles or more.

Payout based on 100 entries per class.
1st: 21ft Contender with 200 hp Verado
2nd: $10,000.00
3rd: $ 7,500.00
4th: $ 5,000.00
5th: $4,000.00
6th: $3,000.00
7th: $2,000.00
8th: $1,500.00
9th: $1,250.00
10th:$1,000.00
11th thru 20th $500.00

Entry fee $1,000.00 per boat early. Late entry fee $1,250.00
Total payout $ 606,000.00 the largest tournament in Texas.

Last edited by Lured Away; 02-14-2006 at 12:39 AM.
Lured Away is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2006, 02:15 AM   #19
BigGulp

BigGulp is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Oh, well. It doesn't sound like there is really that much support for a boundary. I can't say I blame folks. It seems that people who have ponied up the money for a boat that has a long reach don't want to give up that advantage. Frankly, I did the same thing in buying a boat that is on the upper end of the of 23 class limit.

It's actually strange when you think about it. Even with a 50 mile limit (if it's done similar to the FLW boundaries) that would result in 5,000 square miles of fishable area. Hard to believe that isn't enough area to hold a 100 boat tournament.

Personally, I do think it requires more skill to compete and consistently win in a format with boundaries, but the whole point behind this concept was to draw in more participants. Based on the lackluster response this doesn't seem to be the answer either. Maybe someone else has some ideas on how to get more people involved. One idea TXContender put out was to have prizes given out for the fish weighed in closest to a given weight e.g. 20lbs. I'm sure there are other good ideas out there as well.
BigGulp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2006, 06:37 AM   #20
papotanic36
Registered Users-pm+

papotanic36 has been promoted to Piratepapotanic36 has been promoted to Piratepapotanic36 has been promoted to Piratepapotanic36 has been promoted to Piratepapotanic36 has been promoted to Piratepapotanic36 has been promoted to Piratepapotanic36 has been promoted to Piratepapotanic36 has been promoted to Piratepapotanic36 has been promoted to Piratepapotanic36 has been promoted to Piratepapotanic36 has been promoted to Pirate
Frayed Knot I am with you! "quit whining and fish!" . If you do like boundries fish the Flw, if you dont like boundrieis fish the Ska , if you dont care fish both. It is that simple. Bobby were do we sign up, I'm in!!
papotanic36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message