2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Oatmeal Pie (Try this before you turn your nose up)

21K views 35 replies 25 participants last post by  C.Hern5972 
#1 · (Edited)
:doowapstaSounds like **** I know, but make one and be amazed. You will thank me later. If you like Pecan Pies you will love this. This is my favorite pie. Give it a try and let me know what you think...

Oatmeal Pie

1 cup Karo, light corn syrup
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 stick butter (or margarine)
3/4 cup Dry (quick) Oatmeal
1/2 can coconut
1 tsp. vanilla
1 pinch salt
2 Tbl. Sweet Milk
1 unbaked pie crust 9"

Cream the sugar and the butter together. Add the slightly beaten eggs, Karo, and the salt and mix well. Then add oatmeal, coconut, vanilla, and milk. Stir until blended. Pour into unbaked pie shell. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour until golden brown.

#2 ·
:doowapstaSounds like **** I know, but make one and be amazed. You will thank me later. If you like Pecan Pies you will love this. This is my favorite pie. Give it a try and let me know what you think...

Oatmeal Pie

1 cup Karo, light corn syrup
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 stick butter (or margarine)
3/4 cup Dry (quick) Oatmeal
1/2 can coconut
1 tsp. vanilla
1 pinch salt
2 Tbl. Sweet Milk
1 unbaked pie crust 9"

Cream the sugar and the butter together. Add the slightly beaten eggs, Karo, and the salt and mix well. Then add oatmeal, coconut, vanilla, and milk. Stir until blended. Pour into unbaked pie shell. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour until golden brown.
Sounds good to me. Have a couple of questions though.
1. Use salted or unsalted butter?
2. Sweet Milk. Is that the condensed stuff?

Thanks

#5 ·
Made one today, it was outstanding! Comes out with a consistency sort of like pecan pie. Very sweet so we'll try it with 3/4 cup sugar for T-day. Gonna add some raisins to the next one too.

Reactions: texasGG
#27 ·
I'm not kidding, my uncle and SIL almost got in a fist fight over the last piece he's about 5-8 and 400 and she's about 5' and 95. to top it off, nobody touched any of the other 5 pies on the dessert table.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.