Anybody here from Ernest - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Bluewater Board (Recreational Fishing)

Old 07-07-2004, 05:23 PM   #11
mcgolfer
Registered Users-pm+

mcgolfer has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matemcgolfer has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matemcgolfer has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matemcgolfer has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matemcgolfer has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matemcgolfer has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matemcgolfer has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matemcgolfer has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matemcgolfer has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matemcgolfer has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matemcgolfer has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mate
ssnjohn is one slow typist. tom or ernest you need to give him a poke and remind him of his duties to us land locked fishermen....rick
mcgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2004, 05:44 PM   #12
Ernest
Registered Users-pm+

Ernest has disabled reputation
John is out on business.

As I await for John – our trip biographer – to finalize his complete run down of our adventures at the Uncle Vic Invitational Tourny, I wanted to give a big thanks to Al Walker.

We had a transmission issue arise over in Intercoastal City, LA. Miles from anywhere, and with no one to call, I finally contacted Al Walker, whom I had only met in passing one time a couple years ago. Basically, I ran out of numbers to call, and I found an old card he had given me years ago.

I first spoke to Al around 8:00 p.m. on Friday night. By 9:30 a.m. the next morning, Al was in Intercoastal City with the parts we needed and then some. He even hung around to assist with the install. When we had problems getting the tranny back in the boat, Al striped down and jumped in the bilge to give us a hand. We could not have done it without him.

The photo below is me working on the tranny from the top. Al is actually down in the bilge and I am handing him parts and tools.

After the boat was back up and running (or at least we thought), Al drove us into the nearest town for Bar-B-Q and beers. The only money he would take from us was the actual costs of the parts used for the repair. Apparently, he returned to the extras for credit on his own time. He would not even let me buy his dinner.

Finally, when we told him where we were headed, he gave me a series of GPS No.’s out of his not so little black book. He said he could not guarantee anything, but the numbers would be a good place to start. What an understatement! The numbers were essentially where we lived for the next three days, and I had the best fishing I have ever experienced. The rest of our little fleet joined us at the numbers, and while not enjoying equal success, they too had great results. All this from a guy that could not pick me out of a line up.

Thanks again Al Walker.
Attached Images

Ernest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2004, 06:46 PM   #13
Argo
Registered Users-pm+

Argo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to Pirate
That should get some interesting responces from some of the ppl on this board. hehe
Argo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2004, 03:21 PM   #14
kinja
Registered Users-pm+

kinja is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)kinja is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)kinja is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)kinja is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)kinja is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)kinja is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)kinja is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)kinja is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
More on Al Walker

Thanks for reminding me Ernest, I sent that thank you gift certificate to Extreme Al and got a nice response inviting us to fish with him next year free of charge before the UVI! I know some bad things have been said by a couple of people about Al, but after getting to know him, it must be a misunderstanding. He is good people. If his numbers are any indication, he's also a fishing machine. So next time anyone is in Venice, I've got to recommend XFC, Extreme Fishing Charters and the man, AL WALKER! Kudos.-T
kinja is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2004, 12:34 PM   #15
Buda Blue Water Boy
Registered Users-pm+

Buda Blue Water Boy has been promote to GunnerBuda Blue Water Boy has been promote to GunnerBuda Blue Water Boy has been promote to GunnerBuda Blue Water Boy has been promote to GunnerBuda Blue Water Boy has been promote to GunnerBuda Blue Water Boy has been promote to GunnerBuda Blue Water Boy has been promote to GunnerBuda Blue Water Boy has been promote to GunnerBuda Blue Water Boy has been promote to GunnerBuda Blue Water Boy has been promote to GunnerBuda Blue Water Boy has been promote to Gunner
Cool Misunderstanding!!!

I know some bad things have been said by a couple of people about Al, but after getting to know him, it must be a misunderstanding. He is good people.

I sure do not want to open up a can of worms here again- I have not met Al and do not know what he is like with the exception of what I have read, including the email he sent Earl. But I did meet Scott the past July 4th weekend, and he is a class act individual. He showed up at 9:30 pm Friday evening, introduced himself and immediately jumped on the boat and started helping us with the different things we were doing to get ready for the trip. Through out the trip he went above and beyond, heck, even my kids liked him, and they don't like anybody. What Al did for Earnest is top notch stuff- he showed great character there. So you are right, there must be a misunderstanding here. Misuse of Money will definitely bring out the worst in most people and there was definitely a problem with money and communication on their deal. This is my 2-cents worth and it probably is not worth the 2-cents.
Buda Blue Water Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message