Texas Parks And Wildlife contact for Seabrook Area ? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2020, 02:56 PM   #1
planohog
Registered Users-pm+

planohog has been promoted to Pirateplanohog has been promoted to Pirateplanohog has been promoted to Pirateplanohog has been promoted to Pirateplanohog has been promoted to Pirateplanohog has been promoted to Pirateplanohog has been promoted to Pirateplanohog has been promoted to Pirateplanohog has been promoted to Pirateplanohog has been promoted to Pirateplanohog has been promoted to Pirate
Texas Parks And Wildlife contact for Seabrook Area ?

Searching back through the threads when the Seabrook ramp was closed somebody had listed good contacts for TxDOT and TPWD. I found recently that I may have found someone to help push for a ramp in the clear creek channel area.

This past summer twice I was chased to the nasa rd 1 ramp and could not load for the simple reason there is no protection from the waves there except on a north wind, I could not even get close to the dock, I headed back out to fight the storm head on, I really had no choice and I was not the only one. trying to get over to the south side and get some relief from the swells.

These events made me think about how much safety the 146 ramps provided.
Countless times I ran off the bay , some black cloud after me or sitting on seabrook, and still able to tie up , get trailer and get home .

If anybody has these contacts I need to get my hands on them.

If your local to this area, we need to start telling TPWD and TXDot about this issue so they can plan for at the end of 146 construction.

planohog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2020, 09:14 AM   #2
planohog
Registered Users-pm+

planohog has been promoted to Pirateplanohog has been promoted to Pirateplanohog has been promoted to Pirateplanohog has been promoted to Pirateplanohog has been promoted to Pirateplanohog has been promoted to Pirateplanohog has been promoted to Pirateplanohog has been promoted to Pirateplanohog has been promoted to Pirateplanohog has been promoted to Pirateplanohog has been promoted to Pirate
found them

Trey Cooksey (512-389-8743; [email protected]) oversees the Boating Grants Program and he and his staff are happy to work with city/county staff to answer their questions and help with applications. Local Coastal Fisheries staff will also help with the effort or folks can contact me ([email protected]; 512-389-4649).
Old 01-20-2020, 06:46 AM   #3
redexpress
Registered Users-pm+

redexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirate
Don't have too high expectations from Trey Cooksey or TP&WD. I tried working with them for 2 years and got a lot of run-around, un-answered emails, and finger pointing to other agencies. Hope you have better luck.
redexpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2020, 02:24 PM   #4
planohog
Registered Users-pm+

Houston - Galveston area Boaters: Seabrook Boat Ramp

Houston - Galveston area Boaters :

Please write: Dennis Paul
Texas House of Representatives District #129

17225 El Camino Real Suite 415 Houston TX 77058
218-488-8900
[email protected]

I have communicated this info to him personally and we have to come in numbers as my voice is only one. We need all of you to voice your concerns
about the fact there will be no public boat ramps in the protection of clear lake channel at the end of HWY 146 Construction.

My Letter sent via email:

#######################################
The old boat ramp under the 146 bridge was gift from Texas Parks and Wildlife department and a new ramp is not in the plan anywhere , even at the end of construction.

REF: https://communityimpact.com/clear-la...ening-project/ and Mayor City of Seabrook Texas.

This past year we found out that the area we call the channel, starting from the furthest point adjacent to the kemah board walk , all the way back to the edge of the lake, is the most protected from wind and waves.

This is a huge safety factor as the weather changes from good to BAD in few minutes and the channel is a safe haven for both the lake and Galveston bay.

The ramps that were under the 146 bridge, had problems but they were safe in bad weather conditions.

I know many times we would run from storms out in the bay and load with

no issues under the bridge. It was old but it was a safe harbor to the public.

This year more than once many of us ran from the summer storms back to the clear lake park ramp by NASA and were unable to load , its was just two rough and dangerous, we basically went back into the storm and headed back to kemah marina to hide.

The Clear lake ramps could be usable if the break water was extended much further and the ramps dredged , only one side is usable by most and the advertisement of a 40' boat loading there , is pure fantasy. I have a 22' and its difficult with no weather and nobody else there.

The little docs they have there can not support more than two boats, and when that is the only ramp around you get boat ramp drama like you have never seen before.

The fix for this would be create a safe place to tie up boat while you go get trailer in the water .

If you ever went under the 146 bridge at Seabrook ramp it had a place that was over a 100' long ( it was the dock used to get to Outriggers ) , Even that was crowded on a nice weekend. Please help us with a Public Boat ramp on the north side of ClearLake Channel.

Mr Paul, I hope in your travels you can find a voice to communicate that Seabrook needs a ramp in channel area, It would help the first responders as well, they the same issue as the citizens do on boat ramp access.

I know that all the boat owners would gladly pay a fair fee for each boat launch. Or buy a ticket for a years worth of them.

Here are a few that we have left.

ramps:
https://texasoutlawchallenge.com/boat-launch-map/
#2 and #3 are silted in and very very small. ( john boat size ).

Eagle Point is an option but its 10 miles
away and that distance is a long way in a boat.

Regards .....

#######################################

Feel free to edit to taste and send away.

let me know if you were able to help . --Tmoore
Old 01-20-2020, 05:19 PM   #5
troutsupport
Catch a New Personal - Learn How!

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
TPWD is limited due to they just don't have the funding. I like Planohogs idea.. contact your representative.. maybe they can find a way to get funding headed that way.
Old 01-21-2020, 08:01 AM   #6
redexpress
Registered Users-pm+

redexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirate
Here are a couple more contacts I had from my 2016 battles with them. Not sure if they are still in the same role or not:
[email protected]
[email protected]d.texas.gov
redexpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message