Garden Pictures! - Page 32 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Home Gardening Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2021, 05:34 PM   #311
karstopo
Taking shots at fish

karstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Pirate
Chose today as warm as it is to repot the tomatoes and let them air out a little. These will be a gamble as I will likely put them the garden in not too far into February. Gambling on warm enough soil and not any frost. There’s always Reifels if I lose.
Attached Images

karstopo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2021, 09:06 AM   #312
hk
Registered Users-pm+

hk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Pirate
Turnip harvest from the other day.Name:  20210116_091658.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  67.4 KB

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk
hk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2021, 06:50 PM   #313
Mattsfishin
Registered Users-pm+

Mattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to Pirate
HK those turnips look good. I got a bed ready yesterday to plant potatoes in this week and had to remove some mustard greens. Could not give any mustard greens away. I decided I would cook them and pulled about 8 or 9 small turnips to cook with the greens. They be sho nuff awesome. Had planned on cooking broccoli leaves but since I could not give the mustard away I cooked them. I love eating those small turnips.
Mattsfishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2021, 06:36 AM   #314
98aggie77566
Stepped in what?

98aggie77566 has been promoted to Pirate98aggie77566 has been promoted to Pirate98aggie77566 has been promoted to Pirate98aggie77566 has been promoted to Pirate98aggie77566 has been promoted to Pirate98aggie77566 has been promoted to Pirate98aggie77566 has been promoted to Pirate98aggie77566 has been promoted to Pirate98aggie77566 has been promoted to Pirate98aggie77566 has been promoted to Pirate98aggie77566 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by karstopo View Post
Chose today as warm as it is to repot the tomatoes and let them air out a little. These will be a gamble as I will likely put them the garden in not too far into February. Gambling on warm enough soil and not any frost. There’s always Reifels if I lose.
I tried to get a big head start last year.

Bought a small greenhouse on Amazon...LED grow lights and a small heater. Kids called it my “weed farm”.

Tomatoes did well in the greenhouse, but I gambled and the frost got them. Luckily I started a 2nd batch not too far behind and they made it.

I tried squash, zucchini and cucumbers...do not recommend. They just got incredibly tall and spindly....and very fast. When I planted them the wind tore them up within days.

Tomatoes and peppers seem to be about the only thing that worked...and I just decided to buy them at Reifels this year.
98aggie77566 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2021, 06:57 AM   #315
karstopo
Taking shots at fish

karstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98aggie77566 View Post
I tried to get a big head start last year.

Bought a small greenhouse on Amazon...LED grow lights and a small heater. Kids called it my “weed farm”.

Tomatoes did well in the greenhouse, but I gambled and the frost got them. Luckily I started a 2nd batch not too far behind and they made it.

I tried squash, zucchini and cucumbers...do not recommend. They just got incredibly tall and spindly....and very fast. When I planted them the wind tore them up within days.

Tomatoes and peppers seem to be about the only thing that worked...and I just decided to buy them at Reifels this year.
Yep, Reifels makes things easy. I just bought a grow light, one of these weird color multiple LEDs set in a grid thing off Amazon. Put it all on a shelf in my HVAC/water heater room. Most of the tomato seeds I planted germinated and hardly any of the peppers did, but the house has been on the cool side even in that warmer room. I bought some mostly open pollinated, some known and then maybe some not so well known varieties of tomato seeds that Reifels might or likely wouldn’t have. Reifels does have a great variety of tomatoes. Not sure why I went through the trouble of ordering seed and doing all the rest, just something to mess with and keep busy. Way things have been in 2020, I wanted to make sure I could at least have a backup, more self sufficient plan and test it.

I have about enough larger containers that I’ll transplant the tomatoes into once they outgrow the 3-4” ones they are in now. By that time, the weather should certainly be good enough to put them in the garden.
karstopo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2021, 06:15 AM   #316
hk
Registered Users-pm+

hk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattsfishin View Post
HK those turnips look good. I got a bed ready yesterday to plant potatoes in this week and had to remove some mustard greens. Could not give any mustard greens away. I decided I would cook them and pulled about 8 or 9 small turnips to cook with the greens. They be sho nuff awesome. Had planned on cooking broccoli leaves but since I could not give the mustard away I cooked them. I love eating those small turnips.
Thanks Mattsfishin.I can eat a few,but my Parents and other Friends love them.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk
hk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message