5 Houston cops shot - Page 55 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > TTMB > TTMB
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-05-2019, 03:40 PM   #541
ReedA1691
Registered Users-pm+

ReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by impulse View Post
I wonder in how many of the 14,000 Goines/Bryant cases they're investigating did the cops bring the drugs, like they did in this case? ..... I can envision hundreds of appeals (many of them very justified) once the evidence of false statements and planted evidence come into the public domain.
I should be clear, I am neither condemning nor supporting anyone in this case, but it's pretty clear that you think they planted drugs or are mistaken as to what it means to plant drugs. The drugs in this case, which were purported to have been obtained from the house of the deceased. They were not planted there. It was used, falsely and illegally, as one of several pieces of evidence presented as a means to get the no-knock warrant.

Planting evidence would be to do the raid and bring a kilo of heroin with you and say it was there when you entered the house.

Both are wrong, but they did not plant evidence.
ReedA1691 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2019, 03:44 PM   #542
Imtheman
Registered Users-pm+

Imtheman has been promoted to PirateImtheman has been promoted to PirateImtheman has been promoted to PirateImtheman has been promoted to PirateImtheman has been promoted to PirateImtheman has been promoted to PirateImtheman has been promoted to PirateImtheman has been promoted to PirateImtheman has been promoted to PirateImtheman has been promoted to PirateImtheman has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by impulse View Post
I can envision hundreds of appeals (many of them very justified) once the evidence of false statements and planted evidence come into the public domain.
That's not how the game works.

The people hit hardest are the ones who are broke. Very few can afford to pay a lawyer to handle this work, so they are stuck with a court appointed attorney for their first appeal. And I'm not sure they get the "A-Game" treatment.

Plus, how many of these actually went to trial? Most people are strong armed into a plea agreement.

My understanding of how the game works is they "stack charges". In other words, they charge you with everything from the crime they want you for, to loitering, disorderly conduct, blocking a roadway, impeding traffic, littering, and any thing that they could remotely think of. So for your supposed crime you have 15 or so charges.

They make it so, even if you are innocent, you are forced to plea, because the probability of you winning just isn't in your favor, and when faced with a 1 year Jail (and they drop all other charges, and plea the alleged crime down to something else) or 25 years Prison with fines and time for each individual alleged crime, even a innocent man will be put to the test. And once you plea, I'm not sure you are eligible for appeal.
Imtheman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2019, 04:03 PM   #543
barronj
SHUFL

barronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReedA1691 View Post
I should be clear, I am neither condemning nor supporting anyone in this case, but it's pretty clear that you think they planted drugs or are mistaken as to what it means to plant drugs. The drugs in this case, which were purported to have been obtained from the house of the deceased. They were not planted there. It was used, falsely and illegally, as one of several pieces of evidence presented as a means to get the no-knock warrant.

Planting evidence would be to do the raid and bring a kilo of heroin with you and say it was there when you entered the house.

A kilo is not something you can plant discretely, because if you're going to plant something, you can't have the whole world knowing about it, but Goines did have two bags of heroin in his car that were removed at the behest of Goines by another officer he thought he could trust to remove the drugs and not inform superiors or IA. As soon as he was lucid enough to communicate with his peers from his hospital bed, I bet Goines worked overtime to cover himself.

He might have even had them on his person when the no-knock went down, then he takes a bullet to the throat or jaw or wherever, scrambles back to his car in the melee and dumps the drugs back in his car because it was too chaotic to dump in the house. He knew he had to go to the hospital and his personal effects would be cataloged to make sure whatever he came in with he would leave with and nothing would come up missing.

Last edited by barronj; 09-05-2019 at 04:09 PM.
barronj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2019, 06:19 PM   #544
impulse
'81 Aggie

impulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReedA1691 View Post

No, he didn't get a chance to get the evidence out of his car and plant it, but only because he got shot before he had the chance.

Several reports have indicated there was no heroin found, except in the cop car. And there is no valid reason for it being there. If he had obtained it as the basis of the warrant, it would have been properly packaged and in an evidence room somewhere- not bopping around in his car.

Last edited by impulse; 09-05-2019 at 06:24 PM.
impulse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message