Blue Wave Drain - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2019, 11:42 AM   #1
capt ryan

capt ryan has been promoted to Piratecapt ryan has been promoted to Piratecapt ryan has been promoted to Piratecapt ryan has been promoted to Piratecapt ryan has been promoted to Piratecapt ryan has been promoted to Piratecapt ryan has been promoted to Piratecapt ryan has been promoted to Piratecapt ryan has been promoted to Piratecapt ryan has been promoted to Piratecapt ryan has been promoted to Pirate
Blue Wave Drain

Just bought a 2008 Blue Wave 1900 LCV

It was so dirty I didn't notice these black holes (stains?) in the back drain areas.

Anyone know what they are about? Was there some type of metal plate screwed into the floor?

Also any Blue Water owners know what size shaft needed for a Trolling Motor?

Thanks for any help.
Attached Images

capt ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2019, 01:25 PM   #2
tinman03
Lake Rat

tinman03 has been promoted to Piratetinman03 has been promoted to Piratetinman03 has been promoted to Piratetinman03 has been promoted to Piratetinman03 has been promoted to Piratetinman03 has been promoted to Piratetinman03 has been promoted to Piratetinman03 has been promoted to Piratetinman03 has been promoted to Piratetinman03 has been promoted to Piratetinman03 has been promoted to Pirate
My guess is the previous owner didnt like the water puddling up in those depressions..My SeaPro has the same type drains/depressions....As long as the holes drains into the bilge I wouldnt worry bout it too much
tinman03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2019, 01:14 AM   #3
671guy
Registered Users-pm+

671guy is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Don’t know if you bought a trolling motor yet, but we have a 2000 and I went with the 60 shaft for the reason of being able to be out in rougher water when no one wants to be out. You may not need the 60 inch shaft for yours though. Prolly best to measure from now to waterline on boat first and see what your looking at first.And I fish fresh/salt. Helps on lakes and rougher days at the coast. There are fittings from TH marine that you can put in there and have it drain to bilge, or if you have a Line that drains out the stern already... could put a T connection for those spots.
671guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2019, 08:50 AM   #4
rglide09
Registered Users-pm+

rglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Pirate
If those holes go to the bilge make sure your bilge pump works. The purpose of the drains is for self draining deck, not into the bilge. You could get surprised someday if not careful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
rglide09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message