Tilt and trim issues - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2019, 05:19 PM   #11
Totally Tuna
Registered Users-pm+

Totally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by impulse View Post
I did see that one on eBay. I'm going to go through and clean all my power connections on the motor and the relays. I think that it's a connection issue, but I will throw $35 at the eBay part before I spend on a new one for sure.
Totally Tuna is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2019, 09:42 AM   #12
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon ??

i think 2cool has solved the problem.

not to hijack the thread, but your avatar looks absolutely delicious. may take the boss for sushi tonight, Mirchiru sushi, Webster.
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2019, 10:38 AM   #13
Totally Tuna
Registered Users-pm+

Totally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by c hook View Post
i think 2cool has solved the problem.

not to hijack the thread, but your avatar looks absolutely delicious. may take the boss for sushi tonight, Mirchiru sushi, Webster.
How was the sushi?
Old 12-13-2019, 03:13 PM   #14
Totally Tuna
Registered Users-pm+

So I got to the Relay and disconnected everything one at a time. I sprayed Corrosion X(red can) on all connections and re connected. The positive connection wasn't as tight as I would have tightened it and the negative was just slightly tighter. I tightened everything up really snug. Verdict the UP position will just Click sometimes.
Old 12-13-2019, 03:14 PM   #15
Totally Tuna
Registered Users-pm+

I could use some help putting things back together. The air breather bellow between the Port and Starboard bank is tricky and I just quit trying. I'm going to search Youtube, but If you have a trick for this please share.
Old 12-13-2019, 03:58 PM   #16
Txredfish
Registered Users-pm+

Txredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to Pirate
I had the same problem. Added trim fluid and it has not happened since.
Txredfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2019, 04:02 PM   #17
Totally Tuna
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txredfish View Post
I had the same problem. Added trim fluid and it has not happened since.
The relay is going bad. There is an internal click, but the motor doesn't come on. I've had a seal leak before where motor was on, but nothing was happening.
Old 12-13-2019, 04:04 PM   #18
Totally Tuna
Registered Users-pm+

So, I figured out how to put the air intake back on with the two halves being connected. I had to take both sides off and work on connecting them at the dining table. Had some really secure zip ties that kept them connected really well.
Old 12-13-2019, 06:28 PM   #19
rglide09
Registered Users-pm+

rglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Pirate
You can take the trim motor leads off the relay and connect directly to a 12 opt source. The blue lead (up) and green lead (down) on the positive and negative power source will run the trim motor without the relay. If it runs in both directions without hesitation the trim motor is good. If it hesitates to run the motor is going bad. Replace the bad part so you are not left stranded and can’t raise or lower the engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
rglide09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2019, 11:35 AM   #20
Totally Tuna
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by rglide09 View Post
You can take the trim motor leads off the relay and connect directly to a 12 opt source. The blue lead (up) and green lead (down) on the positive and negative power source will run the trim motor without the relay. If it runs in both directions without hesitation the trim motor is good. If it hesitates to run the motor is going bad. Replace the bad part so you are not left stranded and can’t raise or lower the engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I've confirmed it's the relay. I ordered a used one off eBay.