Shoalwater deck removal and rebuild - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2019, 09:00 AM   #11
*DoubleThreat*
Registered Users-pm+

*DoubleThreat* has been promoted to Pirate*DoubleThreat* has been promoted to Pirate*DoubleThreat* has been promoted to Pirate*DoubleThreat* has been promoted to Pirate*DoubleThreat* has been promoted to Pirate*DoubleThreat* has been promoted to Pirate*DoubleThreat* has been promoted to Pirate*DoubleThreat* has been promoted to Pirate*DoubleThreat* has been promoted to Pirate*DoubleThreat* has been promoted to Pirate*DoubleThreat* has been promoted to Pirate
Well its been three months of off and on working but I'm finally done with all the glass work. I think the webbing came out great,it was really easy and added the professional look. Now its just put my new stickers on and rigging back and ready for some winter sows!! Ill post the final pics when I get her put back together and out in the sunlight.
Attached Images

*DoubleThreat* is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2019, 10:47 AM   #12
acf83
Registered Users-pm+

acf83 has been promoted to the rank of Privateeracf83 has been promoted to the rank of Privateeracf83 has been promoted to the rank of Privateeracf83 has been promoted to the rank of Privateeracf83 has been promoted to the rank of Privateeracf83 has been promoted to the rank of Privateeracf83 has been promoted to the rank of Privateeracf83 has been promoted to the rank of Privateeracf83 has been promoted to the rank of Privateeracf83 has been promoted to the rank of Privateeracf83 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Tuna View Post
Use Marine Plywood. Seal it first with some epoxy. Glass over with epoxy and seal it tightly to the stringers with thickened epoxy. Plenty of rebuild threads on THT for some education. Check out Andy Miller of Boatworks Today on Youtube. Sign up to be a Patreon supporter and you can have email consultations during your rebuild. https://www.youtube.com/user/boatworkstoday

From what I've seen, doing it yourself ensures that you get exactly what you want, but it cost twice as much as you thought and takes about three times as long as you thought.

worth the investment. he (Andy Miller) is very helpful and response is fast
acf83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2019, 03:23 PM   #13
That Robbie Guy
Registered Users-pm+

That Robbie Guy has disabled reputation
Daaang. Looks good!
That Robbie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2019, 08:51 PM   #14
*DoubleThreat*
Registered Users-pm+

*DoubleThreat* has been promoted to Pirate*DoubleThreat* has been promoted to Pirate*DoubleThreat* has been promoted to Pirate*DoubleThreat* has been promoted to Pirate*DoubleThreat* has been promoted to Pirate*DoubleThreat* has been promoted to Pirate*DoubleThreat* has been promoted to Pirate*DoubleThreat* has been promoted to Pirate*DoubleThreat* has been promoted to Pirate*DoubleThreat* has been promoted to Pirate*DoubleThreat* has been promoted to Pirate
If anyone has a good leaning post sittin around id love to throw one on instead of mounting the cooler seat, i may just run w/o until i find one
Old 12-04-2019, 12:32 PM   #15
Puddle_Jumper
Registered Users-pm+

Puddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to Pirate
DoubleThreat... How did you figure out it was waterlogged? That looks to be a Sport 17.. I have a 97 Shoalwater Sport 17... Hoping I don't have the same problem...
Puddle_Jumper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2019, 10:55 PM   #16
*DoubleThreat*
Registered Users-pm+

PJ- PM sent, mine is the same year 17 sport
Old 12-10-2019, 08:29 AM   #17
LOOKIN FOR TAIL
Registered Users-pm+

LOOKIN FOR TAIL is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Lets go try it again

Maybe this time it will float across the reef in Bar Room Bay
LOOKIN FOR TAIL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2019, 01:13 PM   #18
impulse
'81 Aggie

impulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirate
A related question...

If a boat has waterlogged foam but a sound floor and stringers, is there a way to wick the water out of the foam without replacing the floor? I replaced the floor on a boat back in the '70s and vowed never, ever to do that again.

I've cut 4" inspection ports in the floor and found the foam to slowly leach water over a period of weeks. Is there a safe way to speed that up? I'm thinking of using a wet-dry vacuum to pull a vacuum on the space below the floor, but I can see where that could have really bad unintended consequences.

Anyone have a solution that's worked for them?
impulse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2019, 09:00 PM   #19
*DoubleThreat*
Registered Users-pm+

Sadly the foam has layers that will never get dried out, believe me ive looked at the same alternative and many others said the same thing, ONLY way to dry it is to remove it. But you can try, i did, then i just accepted the fate and cut her up. Not one bit upset,and i would do it again.
Old 12-24-2019, 03:18 PM   #20
*DoubleThreat*
Registered Users-pm+

Well fellas, after countless hours here she is. I wanna thank all the 2cool folks who helped, not sure it woulda turned out half as good as it did without yall. I couldnt be happier in doing all that work, you guys were right it was hard but rewarding. Not sure what a shop woulda cost but i accomplished this task with about $1500 or so in. Hope to see yall in poc, so feel free to come holler at me if you see us on the water.
Attached Images