Tackle preparation for 16 days trip on the Excel. - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Jigging & Popping Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2010, 07:28 PM   #21
ksong

ksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirate

ksong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2010, 07:28 PM   #22
ksong

ksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirate
Hurricane Bank

We arrived at Hurricane Bank at 4:00 - 5:00 am after cruising almost 4 days from San Diego.
I got the first tuna on the trip on a jig at dawn.
I probably had about 5 - 6 yft along with many skipjack on jigs around dawn, but bites on jigs were shut down when sun came up.
Fishing was petty good on live sardines, but most tuna were smaller except James' 256 lbs cow.

skipjack for bait

Old 12-13-2010, 07:29 PM   #23
ksong

I lost a nice tuna on a jig when it got dark. But tuna didn't bite at at all on jigs or baits at night.
I started jigging before dawn next day. I caught skipjack on every drop of my black color Sevenseas Hooker jig with occasional small yft. I must caught half dozen small yft around dawn, but bites on jigs were shut down again when sun came up.

Bites were slow in the morning. I lost a nice yft within gaffing range when tuna pulled my circle hook.
Shin didn't bring any heavy gear and Ken let Shin use his rod/reel.
Shin got a 258 lbs cow on live skipjack which turned out to be a jackpot fish, but fishing was pretty slow in the morning.

I tried to cast Carpenter 125g BY-y lure and had a big boil behind the lure.
Capt Justin didn't like the action in Hurricane Bank and announced the boat would leave for Clarion Island by noon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2010, 07:39 PM   #24
Cody C
Aggie Angler

Cody C has been promoted to PirateCody C has been promoted to PirateCody C has been promoted to PirateCody C has been promoted to PirateCody C has been promoted to PirateCody C has been promoted to PirateCody C has been promoted to PirateCody C has been promoted to PirateCody C has been promoted to PirateCody C has been promoted to PirateCody C has been promoted to Pirate
DANG!!!!
Cody C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2010, 09:23 PM   #25
Iyaman
Registered Users-pm+

Iyaman has disabled reputation
Is that a PE8 reel? Congrats and can't wait for more pics. Looks like you are the only one without a harness and even a fighting belt.
Iyaman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2010, 11:24 PM   #26
ksong

clarion Island : hot tuna bites

I was a little bit disappointed because I have been waiting for the opportunity to fish Hurricane Bank for years, but we fished only one and half days in Hurricane Bank. But hot tuna bites around Clarion Island let me forget my disappointment easily.
As soon as we arrived Clarion Island Buffer Zone, we were greeted by hungry tuna around in 100 - 150 lbs range.
Hot bites continued in the afternoon.
Next day, Capt Justin decided to search for big tuna offshore and finally found a big school of bigger yft.
It was a spectacular scene to watch everybody without exception fighting big tuna around the boat.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:25 PM   #27
ksong

Old 12-13-2010, 11:26 PM   #28
ksong

Old 12-13-2010, 11:30 PM   #29
ksong

Old 12-13-2010, 11:30 PM   #30
ksong