Lousy weather forcasts - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2019, 04:35 PM   #1
[email protected]
Registered Users-pm+

billyhmoore@gmail.com is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Lousy weather forcasts

SCATTERED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS 40%
I’m dead serious with my question:

I’m terminal. I swear I will go down fishing though. What do you guys do with that forecast which is every **** day in POC... I have a devoted wife to go with me.. who can’t spell treble... just a few true and meaningful comments and advice please.... one of my joys is reading your comments. Thanks
billyhmoore@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2019, 04:39 PM   #2
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
40% wouldnt slow me down one bit.
60% wouldnt either....
70% i would be paying hard attn to the size of the cells on radar.

Go when you can go. Watch the radar. Be smart and run when you need to run.

I dont pay much attn to forecasts further than 12 hours out.
sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2019, 04:52 PM   #3
[email protected]
Registered Users-pm+

billyhmoore@gmail.com is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Thank you!!! Exactly what I wanted to hear... bless you.
billyhmoore@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2019, 06:57 PM   #4
That Robbie Guy
Registered Users-pm+

That Robbie Guy has disabled reputation
I'm all about fishing the days I can.

I'm like sgrem. And a little rain doesn't hurt.
That Robbie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2019, 08:08 PM   #5
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon safety first

when fishing thunderstorm days, keep a close eye on them if they form. use the radar app on your phone while on the water. if you see something in the distance, check it out (animation will tell how big and direction). rain no issue, thunderstorms and hign winds be very careful.
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2019, 09:27 PM   #6
gater
Gater

gater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirate
Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS 40%
I’m dead serious with my question:

I’m terminal. I swear I will go down fishing though. What do you guys do with that forecast which is every **** day in POC... I have a devoted wife to go with me.. who can’t spell treble... just a few true and meaningful comments and advice please.... one of my joys is reading your comments. Thanks
The way that works is it’s in a forecast area. For example, the Houston/Galveston area covers 13 Counties, the 40% means that there is a 40%
chance that someone in that 13 county forecast area will se rain.
gater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2019, 09:40 PM   #7
2310Ranger
Registered Users-pm+

2310Ranger is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Obviously don't ignore the weather...but 40 percent = 60 percent not...go fishing! If I understand your post correctly...prayers for you as well.
2310Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2019, 08:33 AM   #8
Jhonny
Where is my hook

Jhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to Gunner
i bring a friend with a longer rod
Jhonny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2019, 09:22 AM   #9
troutsupport
Site Sponsor

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
There's also a higher percentage chance that it will be inland and not on the bay unless there is a cold front passing through.. then the odds are about equal. Use a good radar ap and if you're worried about it just check it every now and then (once an hour until you get comfortable).
Old 09-13-2019, 11:04 AM   #10
Sticktheseichtys
Registered Users-pm+

Sticktheseichtys is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Agree with previous comments...the Doppler apps have been very helpful in seeing the size of storms, actual rain cells, winds, and speed of the storm cells. Depending on the front system, some of these are brief showers that will move through and not even take you off the water.
I double down on my safety stuff - a float plan and someone on shore that knows where you will be, a good communication system if you need help, a route that gives you options for cover or a quick move to safety or shore if needed, raingear, etc.
The actual Doppler apps on my phone have been the most helpful for my decision making when it actually comes time to walk out the door and make a go at it or pull up anchor and head for the boat ramp. 40% versus 70% doesn't help me much in decision making usually...
Sometimes I will reroute to the pier or an alternative for those days with pretty bad weather. My son and I leapfrogged storms all Spring Break a couple years ago at the piers and Jetties around Corpus due to the rain and storms....He caught the biggest Black Drum of his life that week!
Sticktheseichtys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message