Mercury Optimax missing? - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2015, 08:36 PM   #11
jampen
Often profane...occassionaly profound

jampen has been promoted to Piratejampen has been promoted to Piratejampen has been promoted to Piratejampen has been promoted to Piratejampen has been promoted to Piratejampen has been promoted to Piratejampen has been promoted to Piratejampen has been promoted to Piratejampen has been promoted to Piratejampen has been promoted to Piratejampen has been promoted to Pirate
When a outboard has a problem, they don't start right up. it takes them a bit, eventually they won't start at all.

Your good to go if it starts and gets up on a plane.
jampen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2015, 09:56 PM   #12
reelthreat
Do you know who I think I am???

reelthreat has been promoted to Piratereelthreat has been promoted to Piratereelthreat has been promoted to Piratereelthreat has been promoted to Piratereelthreat has been promoted to Piratereelthreat has been promoted to Piratereelthreat has been promoted to Piratereelthreat has been promoted to Piratereelthreat has been promoted to Piratereelthreat has been promoted to Piratereelthreat has been promoted to Pirate
I went from a yamaha to a merc... still can't get used to the sound after 4 years. It sounds like it is going to break but it runs excellent.
reelthreat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2015, 10:38 PM   #13
GoneSouth
Registered Users-pm+

GoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by jampen View Post
When a outboard has a problem, they don't start right up. it takes them a bit, eventually they won't start at all.

Your good to go if it starts and gets up on a plane.

Agree. If it makes spec rpm don't worry. Use quickkleen, maybe de carbon the engine. Merc recommends that once in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GoneSouth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2015, 10:44 PM   #14
dk2429
Jeremiah 29:11

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeandbay View Post
Sounds like a Mercury to me.
That's not what Im talking about. Right when I cranked it up in the vid, didn't you hear it miss a few times?

That's not what Im talking about. Right when I cranked it up in the vid, didn't you hear it miss a few times?
dk2429 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2015, 10:50 PM   #15
Lakeandbay
Registered Users-pm+

Lakeandbay has been promoted to PirateLakeandbay has been promoted to PirateLakeandbay has been promoted to PirateLakeandbay has been promoted to PirateLakeandbay has been promoted to PirateLakeandbay has been promoted to PirateLakeandbay has been promoted to PirateLakeandbay has been promoted to PirateLakeandbay has been promoted to PirateLakeandbay has been promoted to PirateLakeandbay has been promoted to Pirate
I did hear it. Sounds more like a fuel issue.

Lakeandbay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2015, 10:52 PM   #16
LongTallTexan
SECEDE

LongTallTexan has been promoted to PirateLongTallTexan has been promoted to PirateLongTallTexan has been promoted to PirateLongTallTexan has been promoted to PirateLongTallTexan has been promoted to PirateLongTallTexan has been promoted to PirateLongTallTexan has been promoted to PirateLongTallTexan has been promoted to PirateLongTallTexan has been promoted to PirateLongTallTexan has been promoted to PirateLongTallTexan has been promoted to Pirate
I've got the same motor, had it for seven years. It sounds fine to me, go run the dookie out of it.
LongTallTexan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2015, 10:56 PM   #17
dk2429

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by jampen View Post
Sounds good to me. They run a little smoother once they warm up.

You will know, without a doubt, if there is a problem.

1 question...Are the fuel lines black rubber or the gray ethanol hoses. You need gray ones
Not sure... The fuel lines are in that one big black hose running into the motor. Those other hoses you see are for the jack plate and Sea star steering.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:59 PM   #18
dk2429

Thanks for the replies, but I don't think y'all hear what i am hearing. On the starting up vid, RIGHT when it turns over it sputters/misses 2-3 times. And on when I shift out of gear on the other vid, it does the same thing at around 6 seconds. I understand it's not a problem, but its making me wonder if I need to clean out the fuel lines/filters/etc.. Or new spark plugs.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:04 PM   #19
LongTallTexan
SECEDE

LongTallTexan has been promoted to PirateLongTallTexan has been promoted to PirateLongTallTexan has been promoted to PirateLongTallTexan has been promoted to PirateLongTallTexan has been promoted to PirateLongTallTexan has been promoted to PirateLongTallTexan has been promoted to PirateLongTallTexan has been promoted to PirateLongTallTexan has been promoted to PirateLongTallTexan has been promoted to PirateLongTallTexan has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk2429 View Post
Thanks for the replies, but I don't think y'all hear what i am hearing. On the starting up vid, RIGHT when it turns over it sputters/misses 2-3 times. And on when I shift out of gear on the other vid, it does the same thing at around 6 seconds. I understand it's not a problem, but its making me wonder if I need to clean out the fuel lines/filters/etc.. Or new spark plugs.

I hear exactly what your talking about. It sounds just like mine. That's what they do. Its not a swiss watch.
LongTallTexan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2015, 11:20 PM   #20
AaronB
Registered Users-pm+

AaronB has been promoted to PirateAaronB has been promoted to PirateAaronB has been promoted to PirateAaronB has been promoted to PirateAaronB has been promoted to PirateAaronB has been promoted to PirateAaronB has been promoted to PirateAaronB has been promoted to PirateAaronB has been promoted to PirateAaronB has been promoted to PirateAaronB has been promoted to Pirate
Sounds normal to me. It's either sputtering the gas that sat in carb for a time or its sucking air from the bulb not being primed fully. Either way, sounds good to me. No need to worry imo.
AaronB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message