Post your F150 Brush Guards/Bumpers - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Trucks/Towing/Trailering Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2014, 11:11 AM   #1
bobcat_fisherman
Brian at Premier Yamaha

bobcat_fisherman has been promoted to Piratebobcat_fisherman has been promoted to Piratebobcat_fisherman has been promoted to Piratebobcat_fisherman has been promoted to Piratebobcat_fisherman has been promoted to Piratebobcat_fisherman has been promoted to Piratebobcat_fisherman has been promoted to Piratebobcat_fisherman has been promoted to Piratebobcat_fisherman has been promoted to Piratebobcat_fisherman has been promoted to Piratebobcat_fisherman has been promoted to Pirate
Post your F150 Brush Guards/Bumpers

I want to put a brush guard on my 2014 F150. I'd like to see some pics. I can't decide between the Ranchhand or Tough Country brands. They're both good brands. They both look good but theres something funky about both I can't quite put my finger on. I think its the part that extends around the headlights. (anal, I know) The Tough Country is rounded off instead of angled with the headlight and the Ranch Hand doesn't protect the headlight. It looks just like a big opening. Please post pics of what you have so I can see.

Online pic of Tough Country:

Online pic of Ranch Hand:

Opinions?
bobcat_fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2014, 12:56 PM   #2
glenbo
Banned

glenbo has been promoted to Pirateglenbo has been promoted to Pirateglenbo has been promoted to Pirateglenbo has been promoted to Pirateglenbo has been promoted to Pirateglenbo has been promoted to Pirateglenbo has been promoted to Pirateglenbo has been promoted to Pirateglenbo has been promoted to Pirateglenbo has been promoted to Pirateglenbo has been promoted to Pirate
We've been looking for the same thing for our 2014 F150, and agree with you. Both those look too big and clunky, the proportions are off somehow and just don't work. I'll be following this thread to see what others have.
glenbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2014, 01:25 PM   #3
Shaky
"We're gonna need a bigger boat!"

Shaky has been promoted to PirateShaky has been promoted to PirateShaky has been promoted to PirateShaky has been promoted to PirateShaky has been promoted to PirateShaky has been promoted to PirateShaky has been promoted to PirateShaky has been promoted to PirateShaky has been promoted to PirateShaky has been promoted to PirateShaky has been promoted to Pirate
Im actually considering the full front replacement from tough country on my 2012. May be a bit of overkill for an f150 but I've already cratered the front end once via a deer (truck was 4 months old!) I just dont like the way the brushguard looks.
Shaky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2014, 01:59 PM   #4
Gottagofishin
Roll Tide!

Gottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to Pirate
I've never found one I really like. I think the problem is that the F150 is a very stylish and aerodynamic design, and it is just really difficult to come up with a functional brush guard that preserves or enhances the overall look of the truck.

I've seen some replacement bumper brush guard combinations that look decent with a lift and big tires, but I don't care to lift my truck for practical reasons.
Gottagofishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2014, 04:24 PM   #5
bobcat_fisherman
Brian at Premier Yamaha

bobcat_fisherman has been promoted to Piratebobcat_fisherman has been promoted to Piratebobcat_fisherman has been promoted to Piratebobcat_fisherman has been promoted to Piratebobcat_fisherman has been promoted to Piratebobcat_fisherman has been promoted to Piratebobcat_fisherman has been promoted to Piratebobcat_fisherman has been promoted to Piratebobcat_fisherman has been promoted to Piratebobcat_fisherman has been promoted to Piratebobcat_fisherman has been promoted to Pirate
With so many F150's out there surely some members have brush guards on their trucks. We'll see.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:31 PM   #6
gozag
Registered Users-pm+

gozag has been promoted to Pirategozag has been promoted to Pirategozag has been promoted to Pirategozag has been promoted to Pirategozag has been promoted to Pirategozag has been promoted to Pirategozag has been promoted to Pirategozag has been promoted to Pirategozag has been promoted to Pirategozag has been promoted to Pirategozag has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_fisherman View Post
With so many F150's out there surely some members have brush guards on their trucks. We'll see.
Yeah but I doubt many people will have models other than those two you have pictured.
gozag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2014, 06:45 PM   #7
Copano/Aransas
Coastal Bend Fishing

Copano/Aransas has been promoted to PirateCopano/Aransas has been promoted to PirateCopano/Aransas has been promoted to PirateCopano/Aransas has been promoted to PirateCopano/Aransas has been promoted to PirateCopano/Aransas has been promoted to PirateCopano/Aransas has been promoted to PirateCopano/Aransas has been promoted to PirateCopano/Aransas has been promoted to PirateCopano/Aransas has been promoted to PirateCopano/Aransas has been promoted to Pirate
Here's a pic of the Ranch Hand i have on mine. I had spray on bedliner sprayed on it, looks pretty good I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Copano/Aransas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2014, 09:51 AM   #8
bobcat_fisherman
Brian at Premier Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copano/Aransas View Post
Here's a pic of the Ranch Hand i have on mine. I had spray on bedliner sprayed on it, looks pretty good I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks nice! I'm trying to decide what to put on mine.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:13 AM   #9
Jeff SATX
Whooo son!

Jeff SATX has been promoted to PirateJeff SATX has been promoted to PirateJeff SATX has been promoted to PirateJeff SATX has been promoted to PirateJeff SATX has been promoted to PirateJeff SATX has been promoted to PirateJeff SATX has been promoted to PirateJeff SATX has been promoted to PirateJeff SATX has been promoted to PirateJeff SATX has been promoted to PirateJeff SATX has been promoted to Pirate
frontier full replacement, it looks sharp, so much better than just the bumper/grill guard.
Jeff SATX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2014, 10:15 AM   #10
Jeff SATX
Whooo son!

Jeff SATX has been promoted to PirateJeff SATX has been promoted to PirateJeff SATX has been promoted to PirateJeff SATX has been promoted to PirateJeff SATX has been promoted to PirateJeff SATX has been promoted to PirateJeff SATX has been promoted to PirateJeff SATX has been promoted to PirateJeff SATX has been promoted to PirateJeff SATX has been promoted to PirateJeff SATX has been promoted to Pirate
here's back when i had a pretty truck

Jeff SATX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message