Pass at Keith Lake - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2014, 08:02 PM   #21
keithlake
Registered Users-pm+

keithlake has been promoted to Piratekeithlake has been promoted to Piratekeithlake has been promoted to Piratekeithlake has been promoted to Piratekeithlake has been promoted to Piratekeithlake has been promoted to Piratekeithlake has been promoted to Piratekeithlake has been promoted to Piratekeithlake has been promoted to Piratekeithlake has been promoted to Piratekeithlake has been promoted to Pirate
Another thinks Govt, knows what is best . Is this some of the same Govt. officials regulating Snapper, who knows

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/de...ss-5807606.php
keithlake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2014, 08:08 PM   #22
trout2th
Registered Users-pm+

trout2th has been promoted to Piratetrout2th has been promoted to Piratetrout2th has been promoted to Piratetrout2th has been promoted to Piratetrout2th has been promoted to Piratetrout2th has been promoted to Piratetrout2th has been promoted to Piratetrout2th has been promoted to Piratetrout2th has been promoted to Piratetrout2th has been promoted to Piratetrout2th has been promoted to Pirate
Oh... there's too much salt water intrusion and the government knows what's best for us due to all the erosion. Makes me wanna go hug a tree. Sounds like this is a call for CCA!
trout2th is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2014, 08:10 PM   #23
RedXCross
Thank You! Next

RedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to Pirate
I knew the other boat was a friend of mine from Port Arthur, Father and son team. I was hunting on Cowboys Property with my dad and a few local Cajuns whom we leased it with. I know about the Helicopter and all. They were with us the next weekend. LOL(as guest)

I am gonna go LIGHT on this subject because, I have a great deal of passion for this ENTIRE area here and I could go bonkers LOL,

Keithlake(Andy) I believe,

There are a number of things I would like to see done , but I think most NOW are futile. Meaning they are gonna do what they are gonna do. Your friend is spot on about the hunting, I sat on the boat edge and watched this happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouthappy View Post
Seems like some old-fashioned wooden wiers wouldn't cost much. And the lake system wouldn't be sucked nearly dry with a big cold front. Heck, string 2-3 wiers across that fish pass and slow the water down. Those lakes would be seriously full of shrimp and crab like the old days. They want to bring in granite boulders from central Texas, and set them on the mud banks? Man, I don't know about that. They could drive in pilings and string up wiers at a fraction of the cost. Those Cajuns have been putting up wiers in Louisiana for a long time.

As a sidenote I remember when they opened the fish pass in '77, that was one awful winter. One Saturday in November eight boats launched where Junior's ramp is today, to hunt way back to the west in the newly-formed SeaRim State Park. Keith Lake turned so cold, rainy and rough that day, only five boats made it back. I heard helicopters saved all three groups. Of the five boats that made it, three were run by my friends and me. We hugged the north shoreline and there was a handy bar ditch to run as well, probably melted away now from saltwater intrusion. We knew the area back in there, it used to be Shell Lake Duck Lease and we hunted with the Reynolds and Horton families. Also made a few afternoon hunts on Mr. Gauleaux's lake, he had sunken olive barrel blinds with 150 decoys set out, some of them painted black jugs. We'd just ease into those blinds and bust a few pintails at 10 yards range, as they passed overhead.

Last edited by RedXCross; 10-08-2014 at 08:20 PM.
RedXCross is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2014, 09:24 PM   #24
dukhunter
RFLw/TRP

dukhunter has been promoted to Piratedukhunter has been promoted to Piratedukhunter has been promoted to Piratedukhunter has been promoted to Piratedukhunter has been promoted to Piratedukhunter has been promoted to Piratedukhunter has been promoted to Piratedukhunter has been promoted to Piratedukhunter has been promoted to Piratedukhunter has been promoted to Piratedukhunter has been promoted to Pirate
I realize this entire issue is moot, the powers that be have voted and think this is best for all of us. I agree Brad, this is someithing much bigger than all of us but the way it was handled stinks! When TPWD wanted input for limits they held meeting up and down the coast but when it comes to changing habitat they do it quickly, quietly as to not stir the pot or alert the masses! Doing a quick Google search for the Jefferson County Commissioners Court Keith Lake you will find this issue has been going on for many years. Hurricane Ike is what really got them going combined with a hefty donation from local industry, the baffle, weir, rocks or whatever this restriction is going to be called was all but a done deal. http://www.guidrynews.com/story.aspx?id=1000038707
Google for yourself and see just how long this plan has been in action.
dukhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2014, 09:46 PM   #25
spurgersalty
Solidarity for what????

spurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Pirate
Guys, this was a freshwater system,predominantly, before the pass. We are reverting it back to what it was, somewhat. What is the problem with fixing a problem we caused?
spurgersalty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2014, 09:50 PM   #26
keithlake
Registered Users-pm+

keithlake has been promoted to Piratekeithlake has been promoted to Piratekeithlake has been promoted to Piratekeithlake has been promoted to Piratekeithlake has been promoted to Piratekeithlake has been promoted to Piratekeithlake has been promoted to Piratekeithlake has been promoted to Piratekeithlake has been promoted to Piratekeithlake has been promoted to Piratekeithlake has been promoted to Pirate
How will stay fresh when IKE put 13 FEET of gulf of mexico into it?
Old 10-08-2014, 09:59 PM   #27
spurgersalty
Solidarity for what????

spurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Pirate
That was not a normal ebb and flow function of the tides. And neither was Rita's surge. I remember the cry's of destruction to the pintail flats after Rita. I may he somewhat naive, but, there is some truth to that. Saltwater intrusion was the culprit.
spurgersalty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2014, 10:06 PM   #28
keithlake
Registered Users-pm+

They had their vote , next is to stop the fishing in KL has been the Rumor/Plan for 10 years or more. Would hate to see that go thru
Old 10-08-2014, 10:11 PM   #29
JFolm
Unorthodox Millenial

JFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to Pirate
Surely all of you know how massive the tide movements can be there. I don't think this will hurt us but I still don't enjoy the sheet pilings. I know it will prevent erosion though.
JFolm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2014, 10:16 PM   #30
keithlake
Registered Users-pm+

Agreed with both , tide can be a raging river & the crappy bulkhead just killed a lot of great area