Holden Pasture "Nunley Chittim Ranch deer lease" live deer season 2014-2015 - Page 195 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Hunting and Shooting Forums > Hunting Board
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2015, 11:35 AM   #1941
WEBB COUNTY BUZZ
Registered Users-pm+

WEBB COUNTY BUZZ has been promoted to PirateWEBB COUNTY BUZZ has been promoted to PirateWEBB COUNTY BUZZ has been promoted to PirateWEBB COUNTY BUZZ has been promoted to PirateWEBB COUNTY BUZZ has been promoted to PirateWEBB COUNTY BUZZ has been promoted to PirateWEBB COUNTY BUZZ has been promoted to PirateWEBB COUNTY BUZZ has been promoted to PirateWEBB COUNTY BUZZ has been promoted to PirateWEBB COUNTY BUZZ has been promoted to PirateWEBB COUNTY BUZZ has been promoted to Pirate
that last buck shows me that you will never know when a deer will reach his full antler potential. so awesome that you have deer that are that old. can't wait to see your next round of pics, some true monsters out there.
WEBB COUNTY BUZZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2015, 11:40 AM   #1942
southtexastrophyhunter
Registered Users-pm+

southtexastrophyhunter has been promoted to Piratesouthtexastrophyhunter has been promoted to Piratesouthtexastrophyhunter has been promoted to Piratesouthtexastrophyhunter has been promoted to Piratesouthtexastrophyhunter has been promoted to Piratesouthtexastrophyhunter has been promoted to Piratesouthtexastrophyhunter has been promoted to Piratesouthtexastrophyhunter has been promoted to Piratesouthtexastrophyhunter has been promoted to Piratesouthtexastrophyhunter has been promoted to Piratesouthtexastrophyhunter has been promoted to Pirate
Double down protein

I've hunted a lot of ranches in south Texas and I can say I've never seen deer respond to a protein the way the deer at the ranch do. It's quite amazing !!
southtexastrophyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2015, 08:03 PM   #1943
Swampus
Hunting Machine!

Swampus has been promoted to PirateSwampus has been promoted to PirateSwampus has been promoted to PirateSwampus has been promoted to PirateSwampus has been promoted to PirateSwampus has been promoted to PirateSwampus has been promoted to PirateSwampus has been promoted to PirateSwampus has been promoted to PirateSwampus has been promoted to PirateSwampus has been promoted to Pirate
Dang Brett---U gonna have some heavy racks this year!! Great pics!
Swampus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2015, 09:13 PM   #1944
pilar
El jefe

pilar has been promoted to Piratepilar has been promoted to Piratepilar has been promoted to Piratepilar has been promoted to Piratepilar has been promoted to Piratepilar has been promoted to Piratepilar has been promoted to Piratepilar has been promoted to Piratepilar has been promoted to Piratepilar has been promoted to Piratepilar has been promoted to Pirate
Not

You said earlier,190 +'just can't get,it with that spread,( Name:  image.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  87.9 KB
pilar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2015, 01:11 AM   #1945
broadonrod

broadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampus View Post
Dang Brett---U gonna have some heavy racks this year!! Great pics!
I just finished going through all the pics from the 3 feed stations. I'm disappointed that the cards only held pics until mid June - July 4th. Lots of growing has gone on since then:/.. We are seeing a lot more mass! I'm pretty excited about that. Several bucks have added kickers and drops this year. We have 2 bucks we know we're 8 points last year that have exploded. One we are positive was a 150-153 8 point could possible book as a 10 point this year once he finished out. The other old 8 point has become a mainframe 10 with a split brow tine and maybe a triple split and growing a forked g2.. We have a total of about 70 feed stations on the ranch ... One of the 3 stations we put a camera on has 4 bucks that are growing drops..
We have 2 bucks that look to have around 40" of mass at one station. They both had around 34-35" if I had to guess last year. Two other bucks are showing small double drops that never had them before this year. Our body weights look to be about the same as last year. Several of our older bucks last season averaged 190-230 field dressed early in the season. All the deer I have seen on camera look to be extremely health... We are also seeing a few bucks add several inches in their spread. This year it looks like we will have more wide deer than ever. Now I just can't wait to see the tines finish out. It's hard to tell what they are going to do looking at them in June. Over all we are stoked from what very little we have seen in trail cams.
The deer are still crushing the Double Down Feed! There has been no sign of them letting up. I feel sure that feeding them this feed all year and not cutting it off while we hunt is making a tremendous difference. Several of the DD customers have mentioned they are seeing bucks they never saw before that have been drawn in by the new protein. Being low fence that helps a lot. Two gentleman here on 2cool have been sending me pictures of bucks on their places in Webb and Maverick co. Both say their bucks have exploded on the new protein. One guy said he had 3 160s jump to what he thinks are 2-180s and a 190 plus! That's good feedback! I'm really happy we decided to share the new feed we put a lot of time and effort in trying to build the best antler growing feed available and Bif it helpes others deer do what ours have done since we switched I'm tickled to death. Only thing is they used to tell me how good our deer looked and now they are telling me I'll see ya at the deer contest" lol

On and their note our lion problem seems to be getting worse !!! Matt was sitting in camp with no gun this week around daylight and looked over at Bobs trailer. A mountain lion was sitting slap dab in the middle of the road 20' from Bobs front door!!! We saw 3 last year and lost several nice bucks again as we did the year before. They are becoming an issue on a few of our big bucks not to mention the nice young bucks. We are looking into bringing a trapper in to deal with the big cats.. Our wide camp buck is still alive Matt said he saw him and he is super wide. I hope that cat doesn't get him. Last year he was about 25" wide Matt thinks he is pushing 30" this year at a glance.. Season is creeping up on us! I can't wait to get down there next trip to try and get some pictures.
Good luck to everyone this season! If you have feedback on the Doubke Down Deer Feed we would love to hear about it on the other thread!!!

Thanks Brett Holden
I'll be starting a new 2015 thread soon!!! Can't wait!
broadonrod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2015, 12:17 PM   #1946
rag3
Registered Users-pm+

rag3 has been promoted to Piraterag3 has been promoted to Piraterag3 has been promoted to Piraterag3 has been promoted to Piraterag3 has been promoted to Piraterag3 has been promoted to Piraterag3 has been promoted to Piraterag3 has been promoted to Piraterag3 has been promoted to Piraterag3 has been promoted to Piraterag3 has been promoted to Pirate
That cat is guarding my trailer for me. Y'all leave him alone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rag3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2015, 09:49 PM   #1947
broadonrod

broadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by rag3 View Post

I sent him to your stand to eat your deer! ☺️
He likes the big ones...
Old 08-03-2015, 09:55 PM   #1948
jgale
Bad decisions make good stories!

jgale has been promoted to Piratejgale has been promoted to Piratejgale has been promoted to Piratejgale has been promoted to Piratejgale has been promoted to Piratejgale has been promoted to Piratejgale has been promoted to Piratejgale has been promoted to Piratejgale has been promoted to Piratejgale has been promoted to Piratejgale has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by rag3 View Post

So long as he's gone before I go down. Otherwise you're liable to get a new peephole in your door from one of my arrows
jgale is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2015, 09:59 PM   #1949
broadonrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgale View Post
So long as he's gone before I go down. Otherwise you're liable to get a new peephole in your door from one of my arrows
Already been done πŸ˜‰ lol
Old 08-03-2015, 10:53 PM   #1950
broadonrod

The monsters are moving! Found you a nice buck Jason! Feel free to hunt my stand! 😜
Attached Images